Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Setlist:
    mugenkyo
    gin-no-Gaka
    aokikaze
    maori
    souhi
    solo-rhythm
    festa

intermission

red-run
    horizon
    da
    taisai
    ichigo ichien
    queen
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I just saw philswitch and the devil wears prada last night. Lets just say i have a new band that i now call the worst band i have ever seen(sorry emmure). Sitting through TDWP was one of the hardest things i have ever been through but im a stronger person now for it. TDWP 0/10

Philswitch was ok. Jesse showed up and played a few songs. I hate to say this to all the jesse fans on this board , but howard sounds alot better live. I know jesse hasnt played with the band like howard has for the last couple years but in a completely unbiased way, Howard is better than jesse. Phil did an ok job i guess i would give Philswitch a 7/10

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "I hate to say this to all the jesse fans on this board , but howard sounds alot better live. I know jesse hasnt played with the band like howard has for the last couple years but in a completely unbiased way, Howard is better than jesse"

You said what I was going to say already. Let them hit their stride.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I got the Fear Factory/WOP kickoff date tonight. I'm personally going for Dirge Within, but eh. I'll post a review afterwards if I'm not too tired.
    I love winning with women
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    FUCK. I need to see FF.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    When are they going to announce the rest of the dates?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Howard has a great voice and great scream both recorded and live
    end of story
    They announced all the dates. lol
    I thought they were adding dates
    effing liars
    There is space between the end of their current US dates and their next Euro dates. There has to be.
    As far as I know it finishes in Panoma.
    FEAR FACTORY / WINDS OF PLAGUE / DIRGE WITHIN / PERIPHERY
    3/22/10 Marquee Theater, AZ (Kickoff date)

Arguably the most fun I've ever had at a concert at this venue. Definitely the best so far this year. Went in liking one or two WOP songs, came out loving all of them. I should also say that I've never seen Marquee so empty, which was kind of sad to see, but at the same time it meant rail wasn't hard to manage (which is where I stayed 90% of the time, front and center :D)

When I first walked in (I was the first one in, even though Nick was waiting there for 2 hours before hand [pwned]), I claimed the rail front and center and some guy held it while I went over to Dirge's merch booth. Jerms recognized me from the Trivium show, and we were talking for a bit. Then out of nowhere, Shaun Glass comes up and recognizes me too, gives Nick and I a personalized pick and chats. We noticed Johnny Plague over at WOP's table and got photos. Nick got a setlist right on the spot, but Johnny said that he'd hand me the set on stage. Sick.

For merch, they had this badass jacket with "PLAGUE" written in a college font on the front and their logo on the back. It was only $30 so I had to get it. Also got a Dirge Within shirt (finally).

PERIPHERY: Meh. They were ok I guess. Couldn't hear the vocals for shit, but instrumentally, not the worst.

DIRGE WITHIN: Second time was just as sick as the last time. Front and center the whole time, and Jerms threw me the setlist which almost fell short of me, but I reached over and caught it. Hence why it says "GOOD CATCH!" on the upper right of the setlist. Proud to say that both times they've come to AZ (Debut and this) I've gotten they're setlist. If it sounds like I'm bragging, it's because I am. lol

WINDS OF PLAGUE: I went in knowing only Decimate and The Impaler, came out loving everything. Same spot, they were straight up fucking amazing. Got some really good shots too. And as promised, Johnny handed me the setlist as a crowd of disappointed scene kids looked on. Glorious.

Fear Factory: These guys are a total different story live. I don't really care for them on CD, but live... simply badass.

I'm running low on words here, so pics are coming up in my next posts, and the rest are on my Facebook.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That lineup blows if you ask me.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Well you don't like DW so yeah. haha
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    nice setlist for WoP. reloaded is my fav song by them