Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    And I have to add, Bloodbath and Beyond was insane live. I felt like I was transported to a total hardcore punk show.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Bump, because I have been laughing for days at the Mike Knox part.

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    JFAC w/ Skeletonwitch, Misery Index, Trap Them

Bear Witness - Local band I've never seen before, and actually were pretty damn good. Only had like 10 people watching their set but they still put on a solid performance, kinda sounded more straight death metal than most local bands I've seen. Oh and it should be noted that the lead singer seriously could have been John Cena's twin brother, same haircut and all. Between each song my drunk friend kept yelling out "you can't see me!", gave us all a good laugh. 6/10

Trap Them - Didn't really care much for this band, the hardcore kids actually tried to dance throughout their set and it was beyond annoying. Kinda grind-ish sounding at times, not bad but I won't be checking them out again anytime soon. 3/10

Misery Index - Second time seeing them and once again was blown away. No pits whatsoever for them once again but it was another tiny crowd so I didn't really mind. It was cool just to watch one of the more underrated death metal bands out there IMO. Recognized most of their songs and hopefully will see them again sometime soon. 8.5/10

Skeletonwitch - It had been over a year and a half since I last saw this band so I made sure to make my way right to the front (which was wide open). I cannot properly explain how amazing this band is live, you can find yourself loving them in person even if you don't know a single song of theirs. They sounded amazing as expected and my only complaint was that I wished their set had been longer. I was able to grab their setlist and get it signed by the lead singer so I was happy. 9/10

Job For A Cowboy - Third time seeing them and they were an absolute blast. Two slam dancers got thrown out during the first song that caused a lot of people to start cheering which only made the set that much better. Sounded great and since the crowd was so small I was able to walk up right to the front during part of their set and make my way back without much of a problem. Davy stayed and talked after the set for awhile taking pictures and drinking with whoever wanted to join in. Very nice guy and I would love to see these guys play again. 9/10
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Great review. Couple points...

1. Fuck you for seeing Misery Index. I've been dying to see them and they canceled on us the day of the DI show.

2. Wasn't Landmine Marathon on this tour?
    I love winning with women
    Haha damn that sucks, they stole the show for me at DI.

Lindmine Marathon was on the Skeletonwitch headlining tour. It actually came through here like 2 days before this one but I figured I'd just go to this show.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Should have gone to both if you wanted to see JFAC that badly.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    J-Money has problems understanding regular people problems
    image Photobucket
    Okkkkkk....should have gone to Skeletonwitch. Longer set and Landmine Marathon is sick.
    Okkkkkk....should have gone to Skeletonwitch. Longer set and Landmine Marathon is sick.
    Yeah couldn't find anyone to go with.
    I didn't go with anyone.... <_>
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    skeletonwitch for mayhemfest!!!

Every mayhem has one awesome sidestage band for me machine head, cc, and hatebreed. next up should be skeletonwitch!
    Eh, it was either spend money to go to that alone and see them again 3 nights later or skip it and see them anyway with like 4 friends.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    JFAC w/ Skeletonwitch, Misery Index, Trap Them

Bear Witness - Local band I've never seen before, and actually were pretty damn good. Only had like 10 people watching their set but they still put on a solid performance, kinda sounded more straight death metal than most local bands I've seen. Oh and it should be noted that the lead singer seriously could have been John Cena's twin brother, same haircut and all. Between each song my drunk friend kept yelling out "you can't see me!", gave us all a good laugh. 6/10

Trap Them - Didn't really care much for this band, the hardcore kids actually tried to dance throughout their set and it was beyond annoying. Kinda grind-ish sounding at times, not bad but I won't be checking them out again anytime soon. 3/10

Misery Index - Second time seeing them and once again was blown away. No pits whatsoever for them once again but it was another tiny crowd so I didn't really mind. It was cool just to watch one of the more underrated death metal bands out there IMO. Recognized most of their songs and hopefully will see them again sometime soon. 8.5/10

Skeletonwitch - It had been over a year and a half since I last saw this band so I made sure to make my way right to the front (which was wide open). I cannot properly explain how amazing this band is live, you can find yourself loving them in person even if you don't know a single song of theirs. They sounded amazing as expected and my only complaint was that I wished their set had been longer. I was able to grab their setlist and get it signed by the lead singer so I was happy. 9/10

Job For A Cowboy - Third time seeing them and they were an absolute blast. Two slam dancers got thrown out during the first song that caused a lot of people to start cheering which only made the set that much better. Sounded great and since the crowd was so small I was able to walk up right to the front during part of their set and make my way back without much of a problem. Davy stayed and talked after the set for awhile taking pictures and drinking with whoever wanted to join in. Very nice guy and I would love to see these guys play again. 9/10
    Lucky! I wish I could have gone
    <
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    I forgot that they were playing thursday.

Lucky! I wish I could have gone
    <</p>
    Yeah it was a hell of a show. A lot better than Despised Icon was that's for sure.
    Yeah at Despised Icon there was zero crowd involvement until MVP. Quite disappointing.
    Well, the crowd was still small as ever just not near as much stupid ass slam dancing.
    edited December 2010
    I've been going to a lot of hardcore shows lately so I've gotten used to it. Lol