Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    worldly instruments??? haha
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Yeah, I didn't really pay much attention to what they were. Hah.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

"So now We're going to play a Song that we haven't Before...or at least in a very long Time."
    (Huh... I wonder if it's..... no way bro I haven't been drinking my 4loko that much)
    "This one is called BROTHERHOOD!!!!!!!"
    (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT... my Favorite WOP song. Needless to say, I lost My mind. 11/10
    Fixed.
    I only went full Erik on that one part.
    I love winning with women
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers

"So now We're going to play a Song that we haven't Before...or at least in a very long Time."
    (Huh... I wonder if it's..... no way bro I haven't been drinking my 4loko that much)
    "This one is called BROTHERHOOD!!!!!!!"
    (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT... my Favorite WOP song. Needless to say, I lost My mind. 11/10
    Fixed.
    I only went full Erik on that one part.
    That would explain why I only quoted that particular part.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I actually meant to quote Ed. Whoops.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Good to hear that Shinedown is going to finally make another album.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_r91GzqGvA

I was wondering why the people on that side of the stage went ape shit when she started this
    page

Welp, I now love her even more.<3 Lolz.

Brief review of Forbidden:

Bonded By Blood : Instruments were awesome, as always. New singer is a definite step down from Aladdin, but I'll wait for a new record to really decide. He seems like a cool dude. 7/10

Gama Bomb : Tore the house down. First Chicago date and they sounded exactly the same as their albums. I met the singer afterwards, very cool dude. 9/10

Evile : Their first proper length set in Chicago. They sounded awesome and were really into their performance. Crowd took a while to start moshing, but as expected, the place exploded for Thrasher. Killer From The Deep and Enter The Grave were highlights. 8.5/10

Forbidden : Sounded awesome. Played a good mix of old and new material for well over an hour. Unfortunately, they played Green, but it still sounded better in a live setting than it does on the album. Russ sounded great, only fucking up a couple of times with the singing parts. It was also awesome to see him doing growls which I would actually call more powerful than Chuck Billy's. The new material sounded great live. The only thing that confused me was that the set ended very abruptly. After their last song they just said "thank you Chicago" and threw out picks and whatever. I also laughed at the fact that they were charging 50 bucks for a meet and greet/ticket and after the show they were hanging out at the merch booth anyways. I didn't get to meet them, though, because there was a lot of people there and we had to leave anyways. If this tour is coming near you and you like thrash, go to it. 9/10.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    The Legacy Tour featuring DARKEST HOUR, VEIL OF MAYA, PERIPHERY and REVOCATION
    @ Nile Theatre (The Underground) 11/

I feel like a boss right now. I kept my front and center spot the entire time and caught a drumstick from Darkest Hour at the end. Fuck yea.

REVOCATION - Third time seeing them this year. The guys know me very well now. It's really pretty cool to be called by name by band members when you walk in somewhere. Haha. Anyways, great set... pretty much the same songs they've been playing. I was the only one who was really into their set, so David said fuck it and threw me a couple picks, even though I already have one from the DI tour. I kept one and gave the other to this girl next to me. Seriously, everybody was just watching them... no movement at all (other than my headbanging). It really got to me, you know? Like after seeing how sick of a set these guys put on time after time, I got kind of pissed at the crowd's reaction. So much, that I was about to start the first pit of the night... but then I remembered how much I hate the people who do. Anywho, they kicked ass just as expected. 9/10

PERIPHERY - Second time seeing them. Not too bad... they kind of sound like an emo-influenced Chimaira at many points (if you can imagine that.) Pretty funny thing happened though. At the beginning during the sound check, their lead guitarist points at this sketchy-ass fan that's wobbling from side to side dangling from the ceiling and goes, "You see that fan? This set is dedicated to that thing." Everyone lol'd. 7/10

VEIL OF MAYA - As expected, out came the ninjas and scene kids. Although I still enjoyed their set. Keep in mind that the stage at The Underground is less than a foot tall and there's no railing. You can imagine how shit goes down here. They played a couple songs off of All Things Set Aside, which are my favorites. 7.5/10

DARKEST HOUR - Not too shabby at all. I wasn't familiar with too many of their songs. I only knew Doomsayer (which the opened with), The Sadist Nation, and Convalescence (which they closed with). So everything in between was kind of a blur. But a cool blur. They even busted out acoustic guitars for a few songs, which was badass. 8/10
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Hmm. Terrible review I need more details about darkest hour
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Those three songs... Low... a Thousand something...
    Something gray...
    Some photoz for those who don't have Facebook or haven't seen them on there...

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    "Some photoz for those who don't have Facebook or haven't seen them on there... "
    Well i qualify for both of those categories.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Soulfly 12/2/10 "I'm tired so I'm going to half-ass this" review

Incite - Pretty cool sound, good energy. Got boring after a while. Singer has good stage presence.

Straight Line Stitch - Cute singer. Decent music, nothing special though. Singer was very attractive. They played a new song that was pretty cool. Drummer was wearing the shirt of a guy I know's band (who I think broke up). Singer was hot.

Soulfly - Awesome. Played the four Sep songs, as I had hoped. I normally don't mosh, but Troops Of Doom drew me in briefly. Tool crowd, including a scary fucking guy that looks like this dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnSta-_eBqE

Thankfully, they only played that shitty song Jumpdafuckup for like 20 seconds (that may even be the song length, I don't care). They cut Rise Of The Fallen because of curfew, but no Puciato means no skin off my bones. They played awesome, and the Sepultura and thrashier Soulfly songs were sick. The nu metal/groove ones were still alright but I wouldn't see them if that's all they were playing. If you like Sepultura and/or Soulfly, go to this tour.

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    lolKnox
    The dude had to have been 7 feet tall...it was ridiculous. Didn't help that he was a violent drunk (as if looking like a biker caveman wasn't enough)
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    LOLLLLLLL!!!!!!

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    cool beans Brian...can't wait till Tuesday. and jumpthefuckup is longer than 20 seconds