Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i will never get lawn tickets again.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited November 2010
    Until this year, I had never had lawn tickets...I actually liked it a lot better. Now if there were a pit in Detroit...it might be different.
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    <_____________>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's not that hard to understand, J. She has no problem with it, but would not choose it over another venue.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I dunno. I don't disagree, so I jayfaced. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    ill review shinedown after i see them 2morrow.
    Enjoy. :D
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    WINDS OF PLAGUE'S DECEMBER DECIMATION TOUR
    Featuring AFTER THE BURIAL, CARNIFEX, WAR OF AGES and UABB
    11/26/10 (Kickoff date) @ The Clubhouse

By far one of the most energetic tours of the year. My feet and neck hurt like hell from jumping and headbanging so much. Every band fucking killed it. I had an awesome time, despite the overflowing amount of scene kids and douchebags.

Local opener - Faggy ass band with faggy looking guys who did the crabcore motions with every beat. Every song was the exact same. I swear their final song was at least ten fucking minutes long and had at least seven breakdowns. 1/10

UPON A BURNING BODY - First time seeing them. They actually put on a very good show. Fortunately, they didn't play their cover of Five Minutes Alone. 7/10

WAR OF AGES - Loved em. Second time seeing them and they didn't disappoint... except for the fact that they didn't play Stand Your Ground (my favorite song). I was front and center and extremely into them. At one point, their singer goes "Alright so we have a few songs left for you guys...although I'll tell you... we could go on all night" and I just yell "FUCK YEAH!" and he goes "hah... this guy right here... he's ...he's ...yeah." 9/10

CARNIFEX - I expected a lot and got nothing less. They opened with Hell Chose Me, which I will never forget. The crowd was very into them through the song and then he goes "I DIDN'T CHOOSE HELL................... HELL...CHOSE..."

The place explodes. Pits everywhere. "......MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" Really cool stuff. 8/10

AFTER THE BURIAL - I didn't really expect a whole lot from them since I didn't like them a lot on album. However, they brought the whole place down. I can't remember the last tie I jumped more at a show. I also caught a pick at the end which was sweet.

WINDS OF PLAGUE - Phenomenal. I don;t know how else to describe it. They had a very brief intro, and then Johnny comes out. The intro gets increasingly liuder, and suddenly...

"DECIMATE THE!!!!!!!!" I headbanged harder then I ever have before... absolutely nuts.

They played a new song as well as some familiar favorites (10 songs in all). And then it happened.

"So now we're going to play a song that we haven't before...or at least in a very long time."
    (Huh... I wonder if it's..... nahh)
    "This one is called BROTHERHOOD!!!!!!!"
    (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Holy fucking shit... my favorite WOP song. Needless to say, I lost my mind. 10/10

Overall, incredible time. I got the setlist and had it signed by all six members at the end. I also picked up an AtB poster and this awesome shirt:
    I love winning with women
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    winds of plague is a phenomenal live band. they have yet to disappoint all 4 times i've seen them
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers

"So now We're going to play a Song that we haven't Before...or at least in a very long Time."
    (Huh... I wonder if it's..... no way bro I haven't been drinking my 4loko that much)
    "This one is called BROTHERHOOD!!!!!!!"
    (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT... my Favorite WOP song. Needless to say, I lost My mind. 11/10
    Fixed.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    edited November 2010
    Might as well have been an Erik review.

Shinedown 11/26/10

This was the first time I’ve ever seen Shinedown. Finally getting to see them was great
    My show was at a decent size place around where; I live called the Alder Theater.
    The opening act the bear was idk decent nothing amazing. After that Will Hodge came out I heard he was country before the show. And I fucking hate country. But he was pretty good his voice was pretty fucking good. I think shinedown could have had. Better openers then a country artist. This show was pretty weird because everybody was sitting down. Until Shinedown told everybody to get up haha, which still was only for a couple songs, I know for one I will never forget this show. Shinedown were one of the best live bands I’ve ever seen. It was so cool that Brent told everyone about why the songs were written you never hear shit that like at concerts. The setlist was great to I really enjoyed it. The best part was at the end of the show they said they weren’t taking a break but going to write one hell of a new album.
    ^Sounds like you had fun. Wish you had a rowdier crowd though. No one was sitting in AC for the entire thing. Which covers did they do other than Simple Man and With A Little Help from My Friends? (if they did them)
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Shinedown did the Foo Fighters Cover thats about it.
    Oh okay. I was wondering if they added a different one than just "Times Like These." Still cool though. Did they do "Devour" without the guitars?
    Yeah that was crazy. That song is so much better done that way.
    Yeah, I can't decide which version I like better live actually, because the usual version kicks your ass, but the new version is just so....awesome.
    i can't wait to see them again, but next time they need better support.
    Normally their support is stellar, but this tour...the show was made up of Shinedown fans only, not people that came to see the headliner than just stayed for Shinedown to justify buying a ticket. But yes, the openers could have been better but at least they're promoting their roadie.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    without guitars??
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    edited November 2010
    They substituted the guitars with piano (played by Eric Bass), worldly instruments (played by the Bear), and extra drums (played by Zach Meyers).