Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Man! The rest are allllllll sheep!

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited February 2012
    im jussayin if i was a girl i would make a serious push for adoption, imo i think its a womans moral obligation but thats just me
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2012
    I know a girl who had an abortion at a young age (like late teens), and although there was a lot of logic behind the choice, she regretted her decision for the rest of her life. She would literally wake up at night crying over the child she believed she murdered... and she'd cry to her little children asking them for forgiveness over her killing their brother/sister.

I know what I just wrote is an extreme case, and not everyone would feel like that girl did. This is the main reason why I am politically pro-choice but personally pro-life. If I got a girl prego, I never want her to go through what that other person I know did. I'd literally beg her to let me have the child 100% as opposed to abortion. And I would be sad for the lost life, and I would be very hopeful that this didnt permanently scar herself, if she chose to have an abortion.
    i agree 100 percent wake
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2012
    I just don't see the moral problem with abortion as long as contraception is an accepted and practiced option for sex.

It's very easy for the man to restrict the women's decision, and it shouldn't be this way. If it's compulsory that women have to bear the child, then it should be equally compulsory that men see the woman through that. If there's one sex not living up to their side of the deal across the board, it's men, and because men will not live up to their side of the deal, women should be the ones to make the decision individually.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    If I had not seen the hurt/tears in this girl's face, 15 years after she made this choice... I don't know if I would have the same opinion. As a guy I am pretty disconnected from the weight of this decision. My feelings on this are driven only by the pain I have seen this choice can lead too.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think 1.2 million abortions a year is a fairly reasonable number for the population to still grow, I don't look at the abortion problem as a population control issue.
    If I had not seen the hurt/tears in this girl's face, 15 years after she made this choice... I don't know if I would have the same opinion. As a guy I am pretty disconnected from the weight of this decision. My feelings on this are driven only by the pain I have seen this choice can lead too.
    Individual choices are what they are, but that doesn't change what the legal approach to the issue should be. I personally would stress to my girlfriend in the event of pregnancy that I want her to do what she wants to do, because I think we're capable of raising a child, although I don't think it's the most ideal decision for us.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I just don't see the moral problem with abortion as long as contraception is an accepted and practiced option for sex.
    The moral dilemma comes from when you consider a life beginning, and that is different for every person. Not even doctors have put an age on when they believe human life is alive enough in human form. Most people have accepted that an unfertilized egg is not human life, and so contraception to prevent the fertilization of the egg doesnt impact the moral dilemma of when life begins.

I probably personally wouldnt consider a fetus alive until birth. I realize that is probably pretty late to be considering it life.... However my personal views on abortion is influenced heavily by this girl I knew who had one, and the choice emotionally scared her for the rest of her life. I basically put aside what I would think (being a guy that is disconnected from the situation), and put more weight on the emotional scars I know it can cause.
    Individual choices are what they are, but that doesn't change what the legal approach to the issue should be. I personally would stress to my girlfriend in the event of pregnancy that I want her to do what she wants to do, because I think we're capable of raising a child, although I don't think it's the most ideal decision for us.
    I am 100% politically pro-choice. I was merely explaining why I am personally pro-life, especially when the specific situation involves me personally. I understand that my views on the subject are null and void even if I am the father of the fetus, however I would stress to the girl that I believe she should have the child and I would care for it if she did not want too. If she chose abortion even over my objection, I would accept her decision.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What about these sluts that go around sleeping unprotected with everyone and have 2,3,4,5 abortions... there should be some kind of rule against being a whore and getting an abortion just cause you can, right?
    I dont think so... that's her choice.
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    Just so we are clear I'm pro-choice.
    You say the woman has everything to bear with carrying the child, that's bullshit! Have you ever been around a pregnant woman for any long period of time? That's pain and torture.
    I don't it should be used as birth control, if you have more than like 4 you should get your tubes tied.

It's very sexist of you to discredit the role of the male in the situation. I understand that many guys are just little boys and can't raise a child, I know tons, but that's not me at all. I would take care of my responsibility. Luckily my x understood this and it was a joint decision so all the weight of it wasn't on her. We talked about it and weighed our options and I still stand by it. The mother could always sign the rights away to the father and same with the father. Try to look at it from the guys side. Some guys really want a child and if they were told they were going to have one then not how do you think that would feel. Guys do have feelings.

I don't really agree with adoption. I have a friend who him and a girl were adopted as children, they are in a great family, have educations and good jobs and it worked out very well for them. That is not always the case. Also he always had abandonment issues and other issues. I think if your gonna carry it for 9 months you or the dad need to just keep it. Why not abort it than risk it having a really shitty life. Never understood that.
    What if the girl had a one night stand with the guy... and later she felt very uneasy about him. Like she is sure he would rape or abuse the child. Wouldn't it be better in that case for her to abort if she didnt want the child?
    I dont think so... that's her choice.
    thats just crazy to me. I know a few girls who had abortions and they say up in there on a saturday its fucking jam packed and girls be talking about this is my (multiple) time getting one. I mean, if youre gonna fuck unprotected i dont think it's right to be able to just have an abortion. I totally understand the rape and that aspect and the one time mistake type thing, but to fucking do it over and over again is crazy. I guess its just one way or the other though. I cant see them making a limit type law, it sounds stupid anyway. I just personally dont think its right for chicks to get abortions just because they dont want to use protection, dont feel like going through the birth process and adoption, or are just lazy and dont want a kid. its fucked up.
    And the solution to these sluts is to make them have a child they dont want? I feel sorry for the baby.
    dayna sounds like she is going to be a nightmare when shes pregnant lol good luck brad
    And the solution to these sluts is to make them have a child they dont want? I feel sorry for the baby.
    nah, i dont know what the solution is man, like i said, a law to limit abortions is ridiculous. Theres adoption option, but i am pro choice, i think a woman should have the right to abort a baby. I'm just not pro mutliple slutty abortions i guess, it just digusts me, wear a fucking condom, take a fucking pill.....
    If youre waiting till youre financially and emotionally ready, you'll never have one.

thats not an insult to you dayna, i feel that way myself, thats why i havent had a kid yet...
    Brad shoulda inpregnated you a while ago! :>