Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

bible/gov bashing for shane

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Im an atheist who has read the bible more then twice, and tend to agree with you. I still found it funny that this jackass cc'd those women supporting the bill.

And Shane is the type that likes to take random bible passages out of the OT as proof that God doesnt exist. I tend to not believe in God because I think the idea of a God is stupid.
    incorrect. i use passages out of the OT as proof the bible is horseshit. its a separate issue than my disbelief of god
    No comment about the reason why I made this thread? I thought you'd find that picture funny! :|
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    that pic had me dying, Its typical of the hypocrisy of bible thumpers. Use the bible as a high moral code but pick and choose what you what you don't like. the word of god is absolute as they say so you can't just ignore the bad parts
    edited February 2012
    that pic had me dying, Its typical of the hypocrisy of bible thumpers. Use the bible as a high moral code but pick and choose what you what you don't like. the word of god is absolute as they say so you can't just ignore the bad parts
    \m/ :)) :)) I thought you'd appreciate that. My favorite part is when he CC'd the female representatives because of the "women should not assume a role of authority". Comedic gold, which is probably lost on the people he sent it too. :)) :))
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    my high school principal was a deacon at a nationally televised church. he used school gatherings as prayer sessions, including graduations, and nobody would ever do anything about it. i was raised atheist, but since i liked metal everyone assumed that i was a satanist. people stuck little bullshit pamplets in my locker detailing how i was going to go to hell. my school was one of those cookie cutter types that you see on tv: mostly white, upper middle class, almost everyone looked and acted the same. i was one of maybe 20 non-christians at the school. those lovable, tolerant christians made sure that all of us were absolutely miserable. i remember being in a class with a muslim kid. some douches that sat around him conspired to trick him into looking at a picture of a nude woman from playboy. when he saw it, he began to cry. the christians laughed. the same exact kids that were members of the fellowship of christian athletes. that stained me. even now the most judgmental people i work with are all christian nazis. i have unfavorable opinions of other religious groups as well, but i have the christians in my face all day, pissing me off so i hate them the most. and for what? a bunch of fuckin' fairy tales
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    everyone assumed that i was a satanist
    Satan is not a satanist?

edited February 2012
    Asshole people are assholes. I don't really believe that scripture caused normal people to be assholes. They were probably assholes before, and continued being assholes after. Your story is about equal to someone seeing a Black kid stealing a bike, and then just deciding to hate all blacks because they are thief's. (note - I dont think my morally justified either)

I can relate though to being nauseated by the ignorance and superiority that some people assume when they are apart of a large organized religious institution though. It's annoying. World would probably be better off without churches.
    Asshole people are assholes. I don't really believe that scripture caused normal people to be assholes.
    but...scripture tells people *not* to be assholes. so, they're being hypocrites. and the entire community was like that and still is, so it's not an isolated incident. it's just like that down here.

i gotta say, the whole "witness" thing is a big problem with christians. by telling them that they need to spread the gospel, they end up being a bunch of annoying jackasses.
    edited February 2012

but...scripture tells people *not* to be assholes. so, they're being hypocrites. and the entire community was like that and still is, so it's not an isolated incident. it's just like that down here.

I don't disagree at all. If speaking in generalities, then yes the christian organization as a whole body very hypocritical. I don't think it is the organization itself that causes that though, but more that those sort of people are more drawn to an organization that feeds off that superiority complex.

It's kind of like if you decided to hold a special Olympics, you shouldnt be surprised when retards show up to compete. Likewise if you are going to start an organization that relies on throwing logic and reason out the window, then you shouldnt be surprised when the people that join are stupid hypocritical people. The organization itself didnt make them that way...

Hopefully im making some sort of sense here. I admit im arguing over split hairs here, and I actually do relate to why you have a negative impression of those people. Most of the time, you'll be spot on. Sometimes you wont be though.
    everyone assumed that i was a satanist
    Satan is not a satanist?

i chose satan as a joke, kinda. when they changed over from the old ozzfest forum to ozzspace, everyone had to sign up with fresh screen names. i can't think of anything more metal than satan. it just stuck. my sn before was "what would danzig do?"
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I smoke weed daily and found that to be hypocritical to the church.
    So I quit going to church for years and years.

I started back up this year tho.
    I figured God would take me as a stoner anyways.
    Plus screw the rest of the people and what they think.
    I'm not trying to be hypocritical at all.
    But I do believe in God, and I do smoke weed daily.

The church needs to either deal with it, or not let me come back.
    Let me get this straight... you love Jesus even though you're a racist...

You know Jesus wasn't white, right?
    I'm still confus.

I know you have expressed in the past how much you hate authority too. Yet you're a Christian. That is the authority on how to live your life.

WAT.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    So you're not into taking responsibility for your own actions then?
    Well, it depends on what "sins" you commit. If it's something like smoking weed, which isn't a sin (they probably did a lot of crazy drugs in those days anyway) then whatever. But things like stealing, lying, etc. bother me. I know so many people who do bad things but don't give a shit how it affects other people because Jesus will forgive them, and they think that's enough. They don't want to take responsibility.

It also terrifies me that people don't do bad things because Jesus or God says so. Or when they ask me why I have morals without a god. It means that you aren't a good person because it's right. You're doing it only because you want to reap a reward, or fear punishment.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i cant believe anyone still listens to a word up says lol
    That doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't give a shit if you lied to your S.O about that pair of pants that actually does make them look fat, but would be very concerned if you committed assault or murder, and would probably want to run as fast as he could away from you.

Again, your train of thought terrifies me. You think murder and something like doing drugs are on the same level, and you'd totally be forgiven and would get into heaven. It seems you don't care about anybody but yourself. You just want to reap the rewards and don't want to take responsibility for anything bad you do.
    i cant believe anyone still listens to a word up says lol
    I'm asking myself why I even bothered saying anything in the first place. A little part of me feels responsible for at least trying to knock some sense into people. :-S

Sometimes, I hate that little part of me.
    im the same way but UP is a troll lol