Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

bible/gov bashing for shane

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i think its ridiculous to count out the possibility that aliens have already came here

its a little harder to believe they are like monitoring or interfering on a consistent basis with our livelyhoods
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

the sumerian texts state that aliens came here to mine gold because it was vital to their survival. they had depleted their atmosphere with their technology and the only thing that could fix it is gold. gold being a rare element on earth is believed to be even more rare outside of earth. what makes this amazing is that these are some of the oldest known accounts recorded and their talking about shit like atmospheres when these people should have very little knowledge
    I'm reading about the gold thing and apparently that's something one guy made up.

http://sitchiniswrong.com/letter/letter.htm

"Modern archaeologists and experts in the ancient Sumerian culture and language reject every one of these claims insisting Sitchin had simply invented a non-existent Sumerian mythology, that the texts and tablets which Sitchin described do not actually exist, and that the texts of ancient Sumer, Akkad, and Ugarit do not contain any of these stories or even variations on them.[12][13] It has also been pointed out that many of Sitchin's translations of Sumerian and Mesopotamian words are not consistent with Mesopotamian cuneiform bilingual dictionaries, produced by ancient Akkadian scribes."
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't think they're interfering or monitoring us on a consistant basis. But I think they've steered us in certain direction, educated us on certain things, and paved the way for all kinds of technology. I do think it's possible the check up on how things are going every so and so years. That could range from a few decades, hundreds, or thousands of years at a time
    imageimage
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip

the sumerian texts state that aliens came here to mine gold because it was vital to their survival. they had depleted their atmosphere with their technology and the only thing that could fix it is gold. gold being a rare element on earth is believed to be even more rare outside of earth. what makes this amazing is that these are some of the oldest known accounts recorded and their talking about shit like atmospheres when these people should have very little knowledge
    I'm reading about the gold thing and apparently that's something one guy made up.

http://sitchiniswrong.com/letter/letter.htm

"Modern archaeologists and experts in the ancient Sumerian culture and language reject every one of these claims insisting Sitchin had simply invented a non-existent Sumerian mythology, that the texts and tablets which Sitchin described do not actually exist, and that the texts of ancient Sumer, Akkad, and Ugarit do not contain any of these stories or even variations on them.[12][13] It has also been pointed out that many of Sitchin's translations of Sumerian and Mesopotamian words are not consistent with Mesopotamian cuneiform bilingual dictionaries, produced by ancient Akkadian scribes."
    well damn
    Personally I don't see why we need a god or aliens to of helped humans become the race they are today. Why can't life just be amazing because of how we developed over time? I mean, how else would of those aliens who supposedly created us of gotten here anyway?
    I don't think they're interfering or monitoring us on a consistant basis. But I think they've steered us in certain direction, educated us on certain things, and paved the way for all kinds of technology. I do think it's possible the check up on how things are going every so and so years. That could range from a few decades, hundreds, or thousands of years at a time
    def possible but like i said probably not overly likely
    That still doesn't explain how some ancient civilizations could cut stone so perfectly and if you run your finger across it to this day you can cut yourself. It also doesn't explain how one tribe in Africa (i think it's in africa..if not then it's in south america or some crap I don't exactly remember) new about a cluster of stars and their orbit when no one could see it. They say they were told about these stars and their orbit by their gods that came down from the sky. This happened thousands of years ago. If I could remember the exact year and name of the civilization I'd day. And those stars were finally seen with some kind of telescope in the 1970's
    imageimage
    That still doesn't explain how some ancient civilizations could cut stone so perfectly and if you run your finger across it to this day you can cut yourself. It also doesn't explain how one tribe in Africa (i think it's in africa..if not then it's in south america or some crap I don't exactly remember) new about a cluster of stars and their orbit when no one could see it. They say they were told about these stars and their orbit by their gods that came down from the sky. This happened thousands of years ago. If I could remember the exact year and name of the civilization I'd day. And those stars were finally seen with some kind of telescope in the 1970's
    the people your referring to that knew about Sirius were called the Dogon people
    I don't think you can rule out that we just haven't found the tools those ancient societies used to cut the stone. There is a lot of artifacts we will never find from these civilizations.

And the stars thing makes no sense. Instead of like, teaching them how to make electrical things, or cure a disease, or some piece of useful information aliens just found a random group of stars and told these people about it? Wtf is the point?
    There you go. It was also discovered they got the correct orbit of all the stars in that cluster
    imageimage
    the aliens said that ALL life came from one particular star in that constellation. a star that we didnt even know was their until like the 1950s
    It wasn't a random group of stars, that's where they said they came from. It could have been a lie but who gives a shit? To say aliens never came here is nuts to me. I also think to say that they didn't help us out with anything is farfetched. Ever think we haven't found those tools they used to build and stone because it isn't here anymore?
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    do i think that added 'special powers' to jesus over the years? yes
    where there other self proclaimed 'prophets' or 'men of god' at the time? many
    do i think additional attributes of other godly past figures could have been added to enhance jesus' story? def possible

but then man existed plain an simple, if u dont wanna believe it ur being biased to fit your own needs
    This.

I kinda like to think of Jesus a little bit how I watch David Blaine today. Do I or anyone think David is God? Fuck no. This is 2012, we dont believe in modern day reincarnations of Gods. But what if David existed back then? Can you imagine the legends that would have been handed down? I watch David now a days and think "How the fuck did he do that???"
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    God was ancient mans explanation for the unexplainable

example, they had no way of knowing lighting was charged particles in the atmosphere, to give an explanation to it they said it was the gods being angry.
    God was ancient mans explanation for the unexplainable

example, they had no way of knowing lighting was charged particles in the atmosphere, to give an explanation to it they said it was the gods being angry.
    Ohai Zeus

imageimage
    do i think that added 'special powers' to jesus over the years? yes
    where there other self proclaimed 'prophets' or 'men of god' at the time? many
    do i think additional attributes of other godly past figures could have been added to enhance jesus' story? def possible

but then man existed plain an simple, if u dont wanna believe it ur being biased to fit your own needs
    This.

I kinda like to think of Jesus a little bit how I watch David Blaine today. Do I or anyone think David is God? Fuck no. This is 2012, we dont believe in modern day reincarnations of Gods. But what if David existed back then? Can you imagine the legends that would have been handed down? I watch David now a days and think "How the fuck did he do that???"
    David blain is seriosuly a beast... i dont even think jesus was anything even close to that tho..i think he was more like a ghandi figure and that all his special powers shit was all added on by men at later dates.. i dont necessarily even think it was his apostles that did it but people even later on when they had those 'council' type shit when they really got the religion by the balls... they had to have some special power type thingys tho pretty early on cuz the christian church was founded not to long after jesus' death by peter.. so idk maybe the apostles did speak of his miracles.. it would be very interesting to find out
    I'm reading about all of these things and right now about the Dogon people. They actually could see one of the stars next to Sirius but it only orbited once every 60 years. The closer it was the brighter it got. The other star, which was invisible to the human eye, was "discovered" by Friedrich Bessel in 1844 based on mathematical calculations. All of the people observing and studying the Dogon people about their astrology knowledge began doing so in the 1930s. White people had already come encounter with this tribe as well as many others.

The more I read about all of these things the more it seems like people just exaggerate the truth to make a good story, or are trying to make something up about something they can't explain yet through science, just like religion.
    edited February 2012
    Oh whatever. Believe what you want to and believe aliens never came here at all
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Oh whatever.
    lol