Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

bible/gov bashing for shane

Comments

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    so how long do you think before Christianity becomes just another mythology?? 100 years??
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Dude, aliens would take one look at our species and go "LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!"
    i think they'd be more likely to take us in as pets, treating us the same way we treat chimps and dolphins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpkmtweNQ-U
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

i've read that before, along with others on the same topic. i still don't believe jesus was anything more than a common name.
    I'm not saying I couldn't be wrong though, lol. It's honestly not a big deal to me whether or not he existed. His name could of not even been Jesus. I don't know, and I don't claim to be an expert on the subject. If there is proof of something (especially something like this that is even backed up by non-religious historians) I don't see why I shouldn't believe it. Just because I think this dude existed doesn't mean I believe all the bullshit that goes along with it.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    so how long do you think before Christianity becomes just another mythology?? 100 years??
    I'd think it will be a while longer than that. I don't know if there is any good way to predict it though.
    edited February 2012
    yes but dont you think it would be enough evidence to prove that all of earths religions are in fact a bunch of bullshit made by man (or a group of men) to control the masses
    Personally I think you can disprove religion now. Especially about how religion is used to control the masses. Look at quotes from the founding fathers. Look at the chronological evidence of each religion of when it came into existence.

I do see what you're getting at. But seriously, you know that even if aliens came and were like "Uh, yeah, there is no god" religious nut jobs wouldn't believe it.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    i really do wish we make contact with aliens in our life time so all these religious texts can be proved to be garbage
    I think we already have made "contact" but people today just write it off or don't believe it's happened. In fact I would not be surprised if they screwed with dna and sped up the process of life which made us the intelligent people we are today. But through the intelligence there's a lot of stupidity lol
    imageimage
    i really do wish we make contact with aliens in our life time so all these religious texts can be proved to be garbage
    I think we already have made "contact" but people today just write it off or don't believe it's happened. In fact I would not be surprised if they screwed with dna and sped up the process of life which made us the intelligent people we are today.
    Absolutely not.
    Believe what you want, I believe "contact" has happened before
    imageimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

i've read that before, along with others on the same topic. i still don't believe jesus was anything more than a common name.
    I'm not saying I couldn't be wrong though, lol. It's honestly not a big deal to me whether or not he existed. His name could of not even been Jesus. I don't know, and I don't claim to be an expert on the subject. If there is proof of something (especially something like this that is even backed up by non-religious historians) I don't see why I shouldn't believe it. Just because I think this dude existed doesn't mean I believe all the bullshit that goes along with it.
    i'm not really arguing with you and i see your point. this is more of the debate that i continually have with bible-thumpers. i really don't believe he existed though. i think storytellers mixed together a bunch of separate myths (again, mostly osiris) into one being and slapped a name on him. i've read a lot that points to that being the case. i don't see him as being different from any other dispelled deity from other cultures such as odin or zeus.

i think they'd be more likely to take us in as pets, treating us the same way we treat chimps and dolphins
    Maybe. I like to think aliens would be kind, and on their planet they would have an utopia. The more advanced a society gets, the better the people get. I would think that would apply to other life forms as well.

Perhaps I'm just being too optimistic about it and read too much science fiction about how the human race would be the ones to be the invaders.
    It's kind of hard to even know what you're talking about there, especially when you have the word "contact" in quotation marks. What exactly is that supposed to infer?

i'm not really arguing with you and i see your point. this is more of the debate that i continually have with bible-thumpers. i really don't believe he existed though. i think storytellers mixed together a bunch of separate myths (again, mostly osiris) into one being and slapped a name on him. i've read a lot that points to that being the case. i don't see him as being different from any other dispelled deity from other cultures such as odin or zeus.
    Oh dude, I totally understand. And as I said earlier, it's not the exact Jesus from the Bible I believe, but that there was some dude they just attached all these ridiculous stories to. I don't even admit to super religious people I think Jesus existed because they wouldn't understand what exactly I believe and they would try to see that as a way to try and convert me or some shit.
    It's kind of hard to even know what you're talking about there, especially when you have the word "contact" in quotation marks. What exactly is that supposed to infer?
    It's so I don't have to explain all the different possible ways contact has happened. I don't like god created life. I think life happened because the conditions were right and continued to be in a way to support life. Nothing is for sure which is why people believe all kinds of different things when it comes to life, gods, beliefs, aliens ect. I just believe aliens have been here before and have helped out or tampered with things because there are some things in the past that still cannot be explained to this day
    imageimage
    Why would aliens, who are thousands upon thousands of years ahead of us in technology, waste their time on US? For shits and giggles? What makes us so special? We're still an extremely primitive society, especially when compared to them. They probably have thoughts and abstract ideas that we would never be able to comprehend. They could of taken a tiny glimpse of our planet, but then wrote it off as the hundreds of other planets that are similar to the ones they have already encountered.

And that's even IF they have even seen earth. There are so many different galaxies and planets out there. There is very little chance of anything else finding us.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

Oh dude, I totally understand. And as I said earlier, it's not the exact Jesus from the Bible I believe, but that there was some dude they just attached all these ridiculous stories to. I don't even admit to super religious people I think Jesus existed because they wouldn't understand what exactly I believe and they would try to see that as a way to try and convert me or some shit.
    there is pretty concrete evidence that a man named jesus the Nazarene existed. most of the stuff i have read have been contrary to what satan is saying
    Ah, alright. I need to get more learnings in then.
    I think we already have made "contact" but people today just write it off or don't believe it's happened. In fact I would not be surprised if they screwed with dna and sped up the process of life which made us the intelligent people we are today. But through the intelligence there's a lot of stupidity lol
    so pretty much the theory that the Annunaki made humans as we are today. which seems crazy at first but the more i've studied the ancient sumerian people the more that theory actually holds weight
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    do i think that added 'special powers' to jesus over the years? yes
    where there other self proclaimed 'prophets' or 'men of god' at the time? many
    do i think additional attributes of other godly past figures could have been added to enhance jesus' story? def possible

but then man existed plain an simple, if u dont wanna believe it ur being biased to fit your own needs
    "Why would aliens, who are thousands upon thousands of years ahead of us in technology, waste their time on US? For shits and giggles? What makes us so special? We're still an extremely primitive society, especially when compared to them. They probably have thoughts and abstract ideas that we would never be able to comprehend. They could of taken a tiny glimpse of our planet, but then wrote it off as the hundreds of other planets that are similar to the ones they have already encountered.

And that's even IF they have even seen earth. There are so many different galaxies and planets out there. There is very little chance of anything else finding us."

the sumerian texts state that aliens came here to mine gold because it was vital to their survival. they had depleted their atmosphere with their technology and the only thing that could fix it is gold. gold being a rare element on earth is believed to be even more rare outside of earth. what makes this amazing is that these are some of the oldest known accounts recorded and their talking about shit like atmospheres when these people should have very little knowledge
    Why would aliens, who are thousands upon thousands of years ahead of us in technology, waste their time on US? For shits and giggles? What makes us so special? We're still an extremely primitive society, especially when compared to them. They probably have thoughts and abstract ideas that we would never be able to comprehend. They could of taken a tiny glimpse of our planet, but then wrote it off as the hundreds of other planets that are similar to the ones they have already encountered.

And that's even IF they have even seen earth. There are so many different galaxies and planets out there. There is very little chance of anything else finding us.
    And that's always the same argument I hear. Why not us? What makes us think we wouldn't be worth their time or that we're too good for them? We could be a decendant of theirs. We could have been created in their image as an experimental race which would explain the whole "gods came from the stars/sky" shit that's in a lot of religions along with ancient religions. There are some things people hundreds and thousands of years ago could not have come up with in their own. Also, what makes us think they wouldn't be able to find this planet? If they're so advanced like we claim they are they could very well have a map of the universe they have explored and made a map of it like we have our world mapped. We still haven't explored everything on this Earth ourselves because we don't have the correct technology and ways to do it yet. I just can't go with the "oh why would they come here out of all places" because there can be many reason they'd come here and they can do it however they want to with how advanced they probably are

imageimage