Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    that article was junk
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That article was awful. no facts, no basis of reality.... Just your typically bullshit scare tactics. He should learn to write- When you start out your article with lies easily proven false or with very unresearched opinions that are not accurate, you discredit any legit point you might make.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    all political opinion articles are junk. the sentiment is accurate though. i'm not the only one that feels that way about paul.
    edited January 2012
    his argument against libertarianism:

its hocus pocus

his argument against the economy:

the economy would be devastated under his power

wow how many years of schooling did it take you to form such a rich and thought out opinion, not to mention its been explained a MILLION times how his PERSONAL beliefs on abortion are not going to be affected by his presidency jesus christ
    at least when satan talked about why he diproved of ron paul he at least provied this magical thing called a counter arguement...instead of just calling paul a crackpot in twelve different ways he provided a specific example on why one of his policy might not work..thats how u change people opinions
    politics is like that though. almost none of it is based in fact, just what people believe. i can spew facts all day long, but just get jokes in return. paul has to convince a *majority* of americans that what he wants to do is in everyone's best interest and that will *never* happen. he will get destroyed by the 2 parties who just want to line their own pockets and they will play him as a stooge just like they have obama.
    and im saying that could very well be the case, but i think i would rather give someone new a chance at failing then continue to fail with the same person
    edited January 2012
    at least when satan talked about why he diproved of ron paul he at least provied this magical thing called a counter arguement...instead of just calling paul a crackpot in twelve different ways he provided a specific example on why one of his policy might not work..thats how u change people opinions
    exactly. Satan provided a much better argument for why he doesnt support Paul; one that wasn't basically name calling and being naive.

Lately I have been trying to think of a good argument to win Satan over. I'm close to getting one, but it's just not totally there at the moment. The general idea of it is this - You admit the current system itself is fucked up, however you think Pauls extreme viewpoints would devastate the nation... correct (at least basically)? Well Lets assume you are right, however we vote Paul into office- Do you honestly believe the damage he could do in 4 years would completely erase 150 years of a major fucked up system? Because if Paul is dead wrong on his policy, in 4 years he will be voted out. If they are seriously wrong, he could be impeached in less. So What sort of message are we sending to government when we elect someone like Paul? That we are fed up with the bullshit, and want god damn change. Electing Romney or electing Obama is a vote for no change. A vote for keeping things in their current fucked up state where we are bankrupting our nation at your childs expense. That we are forcing people into economic slavery. That we are robbing them with our corrupt medical system and corrupt court system. That it is okay to continue the war on drugs. So I ask you this - You think Paul can fuck it up? It's already fucked up... How much could he really fuck up in 4 years (maybe less)?
    politics is like that though. almost none of it is based in fact, just what people believe. i can spew facts all day long, but just get jokes in return. paul has to convince a *majority* of americans that what he wants to do is in everyone's best interest and that will *never* happen. he will get destroyed by the 2 parties who just want to line their own pockets and they will play him as a stooge just like they have obama.
    Paul would be different then Obama. Obama may have had good intentions but he was always a party man. Always had special interests in his pocket. Obama was never about change... He was about using the dissension for change in the USA to help get him elected. Paul is not like Obama. Paul does not have special interests in his pocket. Paul has a 25 year history of being completely consistent to his political philosophy.

You'll never have a candidate that has as long of a proven track record as Paul. It aint happening for at least another 25 years.
    well said wake, i usually have the same view as wake so i try to just wait it out and let him say it so i dont have to type it all lol
    i think that it is really naive to think that electing anyone as president will make any change. it's just not that easy. the changes need to be made at a fundamental level because we're on the verge of self-destructing. i admire the idealism of ron paul's fans, but there is so much more that needs to be done before bringing in a president like him. for one thing, washington does not fear us. they just manipulate us to their own advantage. if paul were elected, he'd probably end up leaving office in 4 years with nothing done because the washington machine will chew him up and spit him out. jimmy carter is actually a very good reference point for what i'm talking about. he came in after ford in the aftermath of the nixon-vietnam years as the light of hope. one of the main things he did that pissed off the elite was cut off funding to royalty in middle eastern countries that most agreed were attached to terrorist organizations. this is something that the people of the united states *wanted* very much to happen. it's hard to explain to joe shmo why we can't send his kid to well-funded schools, but we can pay filthy rich shieks. so, carter stopped that, and in retaliation there was a flurry of terrorist activity and fluctuating oil prices that ended up leading to the election of ronald reagan. the establishment had no problem paying these shieks, so when carter cut their funding, washington caricatured him as this wimp in order to impress the idea upon people that he wasn't working for the good of the country...even though he was doing the honorable thing according to the will of his constituants. now, 30 years later, he's *still* viewed as this big pussy that fucked up horribly. this could very, very easily happen to ron paul because we, as a society, are so easily swayed with lies. until we learn to think for ourselves, the machine will continue to control us and in effect our politics.
    Check who donates to the cannidates

Ron Paul : top 3

1. US Army $24,503
    2. US Air Force $23,335
    3. US Navy $17,432

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?cycle=2012&id=N00005906

Romney - top 3

1. Goldman Sachs $367,200
    2. Credit Suisse Group $203,750
    3. Morgan Stanley $199,800

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?cycle=2012&id=N00000286

Geee.... I wonder who Romney owes favors too.
    no surprise there. and guess who's gonna be the first to character assassinate paul if he makes it much further...
    well said also satan..
    edited January 2012
    i think that it is really naive to think that electing anyone as president will make any change. it's just not that easy. the changes need to be made at a fundamental level because we're on the verge of self-destructing. i admire the idealism of ron paul's fans, but there is so much more that needs to be done before bringing in a president like him. for one thing, washington does not fear us. they just manipulate us to their own advantage. if paul were elected, he'd probably end up leaving office in 4 years with nothing done because the washington machine will chew him up and spit him out. jimmy carter is actually a very good reference point for what i'm talking about. he came in after ford in the aftermath of the nixon-vietnam years as the light of hope. one of the main things he did that pissed off the elite was cut off funding to royalty in middle eastern countries that most agreed were attached to terrorist organizations. this is something that the people of the united states *wanted* very much to happen. it's hard to explain to joe shmo why we can't send his kid to well-funded schools, but we can pay filthy rich shieks. so, carter stopped that, and in retaliation there was a flurry of terrorist activity and fluctuating oil prices that ended up leading to the election of ronald reagan. the establishment had no problem paying these shieks, so when carter cut their funding, washington caricatured him as this wimp in order to impress the idea upon people that he wasn't working for the good of the country...even though he was doing the honorable thing according to the will of his constituants. now, 30 years later, he's *still* viewed as this big pussy that fucked up horribly. this could very, very easily happen to ron paul because we, as a society, are so easily swayed with lies. until we learn to think for ourselves, the machine will continue to control us and in effect our politics.
    I dont see how you can say this, and say that the current system is fucked up, and NOT vote for Ron Paul. Look, I completely agree with you.... It is naive to think that electing anyone as president will make any change, because even electing Paul is electing him into an office that is 100% against him in congress and the Senate. However... That isnt a reason to not vote for him, because the alternative is we continue fucking things up more with shit like SOPA, DMCA, Patriot Act, etc. Even if electing him doesnt cause immediate change, it sends a STRONG message to washington that we are fed up with their god damn bullshit and we want CHANGE. I fully agree that our current system is so fucked that it is probably too late for anything other then torching it to the ground and starting new... However Ron Paul might send enough of a message that we dont need to do that.

I hate being a conspiracy theorist... but I really believe that if we do somehow get Ron Paul elected, he will be assassinated by our gov. The gov really has too much to lose to allow him into office.

If Ron Paul gets elected into office, I'll probably send him a letter letting him know that I believe he needs to pick one main topic to try and bring about change and spend 4 years trying to make sure that happens more then anything else. That topic should be one thing that will bring about the greatest change to our system.... That topic is Instant-runoff voting.
    edited January 2012
    no surprise there. and guess who's gonna be the first to character assassinate paul if he makes it much further...
    :)) I just got done writing the same thing, before reading this post that you said. Yes, I completely agree.

EDIT- I missed the word "character". nm.
    i don't agree with paul, that's why i'm not voting for him. i'm just not naive enough to think our politics is on the up and up.

and they won't assassinate him. it's ineffective. they'll just make him look silly so people will turn on him the way they've done obama.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    I read an article that Rand Paul is possibly preparing a Presidential run in 2016
    I read an article that Rand Paul is possibly preparing a Presidential run in 2016
    link?
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    link?
    i'll see if i can find it