Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    just saw this on tumblr
    i reblogged it

To all the voters out there, Please consider this excerpt I've just read!

“I think the media’s treatment of Ron Paul is exposing a far more serious problem than frankly any of the candidates are actually talking about. Ron Paul, as we all know is essentially lobby free. He has not given in to the powers that be. For this reason those powers have gone out of their way to destroy his candidacy. They either ignored him, or sponsored his competition, or as now, they are back to trying to ignore him. However, this is not a single network. This behavior and strategy is visible across vast media conglomerates. Everyone from CNN national television network, to your local radio stations seem to have “orders” to bury Ron Paul. Ostensibly this is because of his foreign policy. But in the end not even the foreign policy issue can explain this kind of reaction. These are public companies! These are owned by vast numbers of share holders yet they behave as if they are under the control of a few capos at the local bar! What Ron Paul is facing is a Media Mafia. I have no better term for them because it seems to me the source of their greatest power is not so much the lobbies, but their ability to control the National media. With it they are able to control just about everyone in congress and are able to MAKE PRESIDENTS TO ORDER!”

THIS BEING SAID — Please do your research, do not blindly vote for the candidate that the media focus on! If you’re curious, just youtube Ron Paul. The social issues are not something we really need to fret about right now, there are much bigger things at hand. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO REALLY, THOROUGHLY LOOK AT THE CANDIDATES PASTS.

HERE IS WHAT’S GOING ON IN OUR COUNTRY, RIGHT NOW, RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES.

http://youtu.be/sAztH_mkGwo
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Please, you guys make it sound like this is new.

The biggest problem with America isn't the politicians. It's the media.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    The whole media screwing Paul is pretty old. Been going on for a long time now.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i know! i was just contributing! jeeze!
    imageimage
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    its on the internet so it must be true!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yeah. you guys were totally right. Ron Paul totally won't take his personal views on women's health into politics at all <_>

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/10/06/338285/ron-paul-greater-access-to-birth-control-makes-a-mockery-of-christians/?mobile=nc
    yeah.... consistent. Birth Control is not a federal issue.
    how is it not when there have been talks about putting in mandates to eliminate co-pays on birth control? <_>
    The federal government has been overstepping their constitutional duty for a very long time. That in no way means that Birth Control is a federal issue, Nor does that mean it is okay for the elected officials to wipe their ass on the constitution.

Ron Paul is consistent about removing regulation from the federal government, and believes that the states themselves should have more governing power.

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    how is it not when there have been talks about putting in mandates to eliminate co-pays on birth control? <_>
    The federal government has been overstepping their constitutional duty for a very long time. That in no way means that Birth Control is a federal issue, Nor does that mean it is okay for the elected officials to wipe their ass on the constitution.

Ron Paul is consistent about removing regulation from the federal government, and believes that the states themselves should have more governing power.

The government's constitutional duty is to the people, not any health care company. Mandates to eliminate compays should be legal.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page

The government's constitutional duty is to the people, not any health care company. Mandates to eliminate compays should be legal.
    I dont disagree, but felt a little more should be added to make things more clear. The intent of the federal government was to protect a citizens right to LIFE, LIBERTY, and PROPERTY (or pursuit of happiness if you prefer those words). basically, the federal government should only be there for a select few reasons: to provide a monetary system and maintain value for that money, to protect us from those that would harm or control us (foreign and domestic), to protect each states sovereign rights from each other. For example, if one state decides to pollute their waterway to save money, and that pollution then affects the states down stream, then it is the federal government responsibility to protect the interests of the other states being wronged by that one state.

Anyways you cut it, it isnt the job of the federal government to mandate birth control. Do I think free birth control is a good idea for society? Yes. But that is an artifact of our fucked up medical system (a fucked up medical system that Obama made worse), and is not something that needs its own piece of legislation.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    is it just me, or are issues that have been handled for decades suddenly politically in vogue?

i guess they ran out of other bullshit to smokescreen us with
    Without a strong central government this country will fail.
    Ron Paul, and his followers, are foolish to think otherwise.
    History has proven your comment false. And with the fall of the cold war, the need for a strong central government is even less there.
    is it just me, or are issues that have been handled for decades suddenly politically in vogue?

i guess they ran out of other bullshit to smokescreen us with
    People typically have short memories, your just finally seeing the ruse. Do you think it is a coincidence that tax day is as far away from election day as it could be? people voting in November forget how pissed they were in April.
    I want to at least make one thing clear about what I say in this thread: I don't dislike you, Wake (or most other people I disagree with), for your political views.

only thing I will ever actually get pissed about is when someone says a women doesn't have a choice on what to do with their body.
    I appreciate that and want to add that there are very few on this site who would disagree with your second sentence. Even Ron Paul who is pro-life, does not believe it is the job of the federal government to regulate abortion. I am very similar to Paul in this respect. If I got a girl pregnant, the last thing I would want would be for her to have an abortion. However that is how I personally feel, and I recognize that others feel differently. So although I feel like that, I also feel very strongly that it is no place for the government to make that decision for us.
    Without a strong central government this country will fail.
    Ron Paul, and his followers, are foolish to think otherwise.
    History has proven your comment false. And with the fall of the cold war, the need for a strong central government is even less there.
    by strong, I don't mean like Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia.
    I didnt take it to mean that. I took it to mean you think we would fail as a country if our government was ran like it is now, instead of how it was ran 1776-1920ish. Before the FDR came along and really started the main workings for the government we have now.

And I would say it isnt what we have done from 1920-2012 that has made this country what it is... but what we did between 1776-1920ish that turned us into the superpower we are.

History has proven you wrong. The industrial revolution is what made us great, and it was done so during a time or very little federal government regulation. What our current government has done is bankrupt us and destroyed the future for our kids and their kids.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Partisan politics will prevail, as always. Ron Paul will have a good run doe, much better than what he accomplished in '08.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Partisan politics will prevail, as always. Ron Paul will have a good run doe, much better than what he accomplished in '08.
    pretty much, at least where nudging closer to actual change....in massachuseets independents/undeclared is now or 50 percent !!!
    thats ok you dont have to.....
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    pretty much, at least where nudging closer to actual change....in massachuseets independents/undeclared is now or 50 percent !!!
    it's the baby boomers that's holding the country back; and not to sound crass.... but give it another 2-3 elections (when they can no longer vote) and THEN we'll start to see some real change.
    exactly, to baby boomers the party affiliation is like there fav sports team, there not open to any sort of change, once the old die out i will be very excited to see new politics