Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    exactly, to baby boomers the party affiliation is like there fav sports team, there not open to any sort of change, once the old die out i will be very excited to see new politics
    I'm in supporting of killing them sooner if you guys are with me.
    party-pooper. [-(
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i always thought that voting should be more restricted than it is now..my theory is that only people 30 - 49 years of age should be allowed to vote..i have many reasons for this but i dont feel like explaining them all
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    wouldn't matter. most people above and below that age plateau don't vote anyway
    uhhh old people vote a shit ton whutchu talkin bout????
    is it just me, or are issues that have been handled for decades suddenly politically in vogue?

i guess they ran out of other bullshit to smokescreen us with
    People typically have short memories, your just finally seeing the ruse. Do you think it is a coincidence that tax day is as far away from election day as it could be? people voting in November forget how pissed they were in April.
    also, gas prices got down to $1.29/gal the week of the 2008 election. they've done nothing but rise since. i'm interested to see what they'll be in november of this year
    probably wont be any different.
    i'm getting really disillusioned with politics. i understand the hype around paul, but i think too many people get wrapped up in the fact that since his was is so much different, that it's the *right* way. i think we need to format the system because the viruses are the os now.
    i'm getting really disillusioned with politics. i understand the hype around paul, but i think too many people get wrapped up in the fact that since his was is so much different, that it's the *right* way. i think we need to format the system because the viruses are the os now.
    I agree 100%. And just see Paul as being the best way to start a format of the system. If it isnt Paul, then it is something like what happened in Egypt that needs to happen here, and we are at least 50 years away from something like that happening. It has to get much much worse here. Maybe 2035 if we are lucky.
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    IMO, who we elect to congress is more important because they're the ones doing all the major voting for us. The president is only a secondary thing to get things voted in to be approved or disapproved.

I know it's not as basic as that, but it's the most basic idea about it and there are so many people who don't understand that.
    I took 3 political science classes and that subject came up in each one and every time at least half the class would believe the president makes all the decisions.
    They are all just figureheads. They take blame in the media for thing lobbyist and corporations want passed.
  • RON PAUL! RON PAUL! RON PAUL!
    RON PAUL! RON PAUL! RON PAUL!
    I like this dude.
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    While I believe most politicians are full of shit I believe RP is different. I could be wrong, hey people though Obama was different. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    naw were not gonna wait and see cuz ron paul is not gonna win, unfortunately... like strat said hell put up a good fight in the end
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited January 2012
    Spartan city-states

some sort of unifier is always needed..... whether it be a Federal government, a cult-like leader of a dictator, a militia. etc.

last two usually are 3rd world results.... although it takes one loose screw to turn a fed. govt. into a single-branched tree.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    at the very least ron paul is going cause a shift in policy discussion. no longer can they ignore shit like the Federal reserve
    Without a strong central government this country will fail.
    Ron Paul, and his followers, are foolish to think otherwise.
    History has proven your comment false. And with the fall of the cold war, the need for a strong central government is even less there.
    Forgot to come back to this. History has proven me correct actually.
    Remember the Articles of Confederation? That was all about states' right and a weak central government. That failed horribly.
    Hold up - Your counter for not having a strong central government, is that our sitting president will institute forced slavery, and illegally invade other states killing Millions of people? Is that really what you are trying to claim? Cause genocide isnt a very good counter to not having a weak central government.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/the-fantastical-crackpot-_b_1200608.html

this article kinda sums up how i feel about paul. i consider paul more of a substantial candidate than this guy though.
    edited January 2012
    From Satan's article
    "and his libertarianism is pure hocus-pocus science fiction, evidenced by the fact that it's never been successfully implemented"
    False. He probably hasnt ever asked a libertarian where they think the philosophy has been successfully implemented. If they asked me I would have said

United States of America 1776-1850ish
    Secondly.... He is more electable then Romney. Bottom line is those that would vote for Romney over Obama, are the type that think Obama is the devil and will vote for anyone over Obama as long as they are wearing a cape that says REPUBLICAN. Not only that, there is a significant percentage of people who voted for Obama that would vote for Paul over Obama because they are independent leaning democrat. I personally might be closer to those people, and considered voting for Obama myself over the devil McCain, but didnt only because I know Obama was really no different. Finally there is the chunk of people who are actually supporting Paul now.

Not only is it false that Paul doesnt have a chance against Obama.... It is more likly the case that Paul is the republicians best shot at beating Obama because you get the non-thinking Republican majority, PLUS all the independents. It's those independents that have been deciding elections... not the stupid fuckers who vote party lines. In the race for Independents Paul clearly dominates obama by a count of 8-1.

I am a registered Republican, and I will not vote for Romney.