Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Fitness Thread*

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ive been bench pressing for the first time in my life the last week or two, i max out at 105 lol
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Meh...it takes a while to build up strength and technique
    Keep working on it
    Work your triceps and lats to improve your benchpress too
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    NolaMetal said:

ive been bench pressing for the first time in my life the last week or two, i max out at 105 lol

Gotta start somewhere dude. Keep at it, eat a decent diet, and keep your form perfect, everything else will take care of itself.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    Jobe said:

NolaMetal said:

Gotta start somewhere dude. Keep at it, eat a decent diet, and keep your form perfect, everything else will take care of itself.
    FIrst time I went to the gym, three and a half years ago, I got on the Smith machine, and pushed thirty pounds.... Now I push more free weight than all the guys I know, most of whom are at least twice my size. It's all about dedication to lifting. And making sure you eat right :)
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Magson13 said:

Jobe said:

NolaMetal said:

FIrst time I went to the gym, three and a half years ago, I got on the Smith machine, and pushed thirty pounds.... Now I push more free weight than all the guys I know, most of whom are at least twice my size. It's all about dedication to lifting. And making sure you eat right :)
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    My buddy gave me a tub of Jack3d to try out. Gonna use it Wednesday night for my workout. From reading the reviews of it online, it's super intense.... I'm probably only gonna do half a scoop Wednesday night to kick it off. Apparently it's banned in England, too.... Definitely gonna have to be careful haha
    Half a scoop of Jack3d was ok, gonna have to use a full scoop next time though, to get the full effect.

Warm up- Elliptical, slowly built heartrate up to 160 over ten minutes

Circuit 1:
    Chest press- 75 lbs, 10/10/8/7
    Shrugs- 75 lbs, 10/11/8/6

Circuit 2:
    Bicep curls- 50 lbs, 5/6/7/5
    Standing tricep extensions- 30 lbs, 5/5/5/5
    Side delt lifts- 25 lbs, 5/6/6/5

Circuit 3:
    Bent over row- 65 lbs, 5/6/7/6
    Shoulder press- 40 lbs, 6..... 45 lbs, 5/6/6
    Scanner- 30 lbs, 4/3/4/3

Circuit 4:
    Chest fly- 55 lbs, 5/6/5/5
    Reverse fly- 25 lbs, 6/6/6/6
    Forward delt lifts- 25 lbs, 4/5/5/4

Circuit 5:
    Zatterman curls- 25 lbs, 4/5/4/4
    Wheel twist- 25 lbs, 4/4/4/4
    Wrist twists- 25 lbs, 8/9/8/7

Circuit 6:
    Across body bicep curls- 30 lbs, 5/5/5/5
    Bent over tricep extensions- 25 lbs, 3/3/3/3
    Shrugs- 55 lbs, 6/6/6/6

Cool down- Basic yoga stretches, ten minutes
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Magson13 said:

My buddy gave me a tub of Jack3d to try out. Gonna use it Wednesday night for my workout. From reading the reviews of it online, it's super intense.... I'm probably only gonna do half a scoop Wednesday night to kick it off. Apparently it's banned in England, too.... Definitely gonna have to be careful haha

Lol that shit was banned everywhere if you have the OG one and not the Micro. The DMAA in it was giving people heart attacks and strokes.
    Well god damn. It's not the micro one.... So if I all of a sudden stop posting on here, you'll know why. Haha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt1BoPhsw_A

This looks fun. Not "laugh and have a party" fun, but like it would be something you were glad you did once it was over fun.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Eh, I do all of that (minus the water....) for warmups for Judo.... Good endurance, going for eleven hours, but I'd definitely pass on it
    Runners, check out @ 1.59:50...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7KcIjmwJ5c
    :-?

You actually listened to that for 3 hours?

I listen to them all the time while I'm working in the plant because it makes work go by fast as fuck,
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2013
    That's always a good feel. <:-P
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah, weight loss has slowed a lot. Went from 280 to 275 in about a week and a half. Anoying as fuck because it feels like it doesn't match the amount of effort I'm putting in but it is what it is.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Xenocide said:

Yeah, weight loss has slowed a lot. Went from 280 to 275 in about a week and a half. Anoying as fuck because it feels like it doesn't match the amount of effort I'm putting in but it is what it is.

That will happen..I have been woring out pretty hard lately. I weigh 185...would like to get down to 175.

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Xenocide said:

-_- Son. What the fuck you think? You're gonna work out for a month and lose 50 Lbs. of fat? The most you'll reastically lose at the fastest pace is 2 Lbs. a week, sometimes 3. So, "only" 5 Lbs. for a week and a half is actually good.