Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Parents Keep Child's Gender A Secret.

Comments

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    how young were they? if they say anything younger then 4 it would most likely be bullshit cause who the hell remembers stuff that young?
    It's as long as they can remember, which is probably about 4, 5, or 6.

and what kind of studies? do they run tests on babies then continually test them as they grow up?
    They do brain scans, studies on a random sampling of people for over the course of literally decades, etc.

so people study these things and they look for answers as to why people think that or feel that way and they find abnormalities in their brains but they doesnt prove anything IMO.
    Why do you study diseases? Why do we study anything about the human body? To learn more about it. This particular subject is still a relatively new thing people are looking at, and that is why people don't take it seriously.

people who are extremely depressed have a "chemical imbalance" in their brains and a lot scientists and pyschiatrists say thats why they're depressed but i dont buy it. i think the chemical imbalance is caused by depression not the other way around. they make it sound like there is something wrong with people who are depressed or that depression is something that they're born with and have to live with for the rest of their lives. i say think thats bullshit. depression is 100% curable without medicine.
    That doesn't make any sense at all. Depression is a word that means two completely different things, which some people don't seem to understand. The first definition is a feeling of being sad. The second is the DISEASE. Stress can contribute on how you handle your depression, but how is it that some people have basically the perfect life, but still want to kill themselves?

For years I have struggled with severe depression. After I got on medication to fix the chemical imbalance of my serotonin levels in my brain, I have never been happier. I am finally a normal, well-adjusted human being. I love having my body finally functioning normally instead of it causing me extreme fatigue constantly because it is literally trying to shut itself down.

depression is caused by extreme amounts of stress and stress is just a lot of worrying. therefore if people learn to let go of their issues and not worry about them they would be fine, and they wouldn't have a chemical imbalance in their brain anymore.
    That is so not how it works, lol.

and when people say "i've always known" or something like that which is BS IMO. i'll give you an example of what i mean and this is 100% a true story. i met this girl like 5 years ago who was a lesbian and when asked when she knew she was a lesbian she responded "at a very young age. i used make my barbies kiss each other when i was a kid, it was so obvious (to her that she was a lesbian)." or something like that, i dont remember her exact words. and i see that as rediculous because every kid does stupid shit like that, it doesn't mean anything. point is dont always believe what people tell you. they probably believe what they're saying but that still doesnt make it true.
    Playing as a kid doesn't cause you to be gay. You are born gay. Do I need to pull up some links to explain how this works?

And how you play as a kid DOES mean something. How you interact with things says a lot about a person.

Btw, Skully, how educated are you on psychology in general? These are the basic things they teach you in the introduction class, lol.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Remind me to never take skullys opinion as credible in any way
    imageimage
    It just makes me really upset that some people don't know these things. D:
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    there is no scientific proof that all gay people are born gay.....i personally believe most people are born a certain way but i also think some people develop gay feelings over time
    It just makes me really upset that some people don't know these things. D:
    Samsies
    Especially when you're providing examples and credible proof that many people already know
    I think he just doesn't wanna accept it which is sad and ignorant
    imageimage
    there is no scientific proof that all gay people are born gay.....i personally believe most people are born a certain way but i also think some people develop gay feelings over time
    How does one "develop gay feelings over time"? D:
    just like you develop sexual fetishes over time.... when your born it isnt gentics that you would like s & m....but you realize as you develop your sexuality that you may be into certain things that you didnt realzie before...thats how most people imo become bi..
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    just like you develop sexual fetishes over time.... when your born it isnt gentics that you would like s & m....but you realize as you develop your sexuality that you may be into certain things that you didnt realzie before...thats how most people imo become bi..
    Well..when I was little I knew by age 5 or 6 I was attracted to guys and girls. Also, sexual fetishes are completely different then being gay or feeling like you were born into the wrong gender
    imageimage
    i dont see the difference..... its all in your sexuality..
    just like if i get older i can realize that i like short girls over real tall girls...you tellin me thats genetics and not just me figuring out what i like??
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think I completely disagree with Nola. I don't think society or TV or anything influenced how I feel about women. It was a natural, born with it attraction for me. Any fetish's that I might have, I feel are a natural result of being more knowledgeable about sex. But I feel those tenancies were always there, just not fully realized because I was still learning.
    edited May 2011
    Homosexuality used to be considered a fetish. Now that we know how it is caused, it is no longer listed as one.

Sexuality has a huuuuuge and wide range. I think there needs to be much more, like in the hundreds, points on the Kinsey scale which only has 0-6. And environmental influences have been proven to have no effect on a person's sexuality.

Edit: What Wake said. :3
    edited May 2011
    when did i say society influences you?? im just sayin i dont feel like if you have a thing for feet that you were born with that and your discovered your "natural" feelings.. you prob just learn to like it

so lets take something not sexual...is it in my dna that i was gonna like bbq wings? or did i just learn that i enjoy it ??
    I do not know anything about dna when it comes to the way someone tastes. However, I would think that your dna is made up to like certain tastes.

I would also think that sexuality is a completely different subject which is a whole lot more complex than liking wings, lol.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    come on. from the time I hit puberty, some things cause my dick to move and some things don't. I don't think you can really compare that to food tastes.
    I think your preferences of food has to do with your taste buds which are formed by DNA maybe? Idk
    imageimage
    i dont see how its more complex...... your brain connects with your body and tells you how you fell about something...

if your brain says your sexually excited your dick goes up

if your brain says the taste of the chicken is good then you enjoy it and feel fulfilled

its all connected to how your brain reacts to things

and why do i prefer basketball to baseball was that in my dna?? why is sexuality so different from everything else in life which you figure out over time the things you prefer over others?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I think I completely disagree with Nola. I don't think society or TV or anything influenced how I feel about women. It was a natural, born with it attraction for me. Any fetish's that I might have, I feel are a natural result of being more knowledgeable about sex. But I feel those tenancies were always there, just not fully realized because I was still learning.
    This right here. What sex you're attracted to and what gender you feel you are, are what you're born with. There's no "learning" about it later through whatever. If you're gay, then you were going to be gay no matter what you seen when growing up. Same with if you're a boy trapped in a females body. Not many people understand this and it's sad.
    when did i say society influences you?? im just sayin i dont feel like if you have a thing for feet that you were born with that and your discovered your "natural" feelings.. you prob just learn to like it

so lets take something not sexual...is it in my dna that i was gonna like bbq wings? or did i just learn that i enjoy it ??
    What you're talking about with "fetishes" is completely different. You discover fetishes while what's being talked about is how you are
    imageimage
    but your just syaing that to fit into your description..why is being gay how you were born but fetishes are how you learn?? so being gay is the only thing n lfe that your born to already and everything else you make up your own mind on?? i find that really hard to believe......i mean i think you can be born gay but i also think people can develop being more gay than when they first started out bsaed on what they figured out they like sexually