Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bin Laden Dead!!!! America, Fuck Yeah!!!

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Arlo, maybe its because of the fact that our government is a piece of shit organization that lies to us on a daily basis with a fucking smile on their face. I offer our govt 0 percent of my trust. but honestly if they release the picture people will still believe it to be shopped or whatever so i guess im okay with just not releasing it..
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Of course his family would say that though...
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nothing will ever silence people all together, we know that. From what I've heard, the majority of the country and people I saw on NY news at ground zero, family memebers holding pictures of their dead loved ones asking to see the picture. I dont think it has anything to do with curiosity of seeing a corpse, people just want to see the person who took away 3,000 lives dead. I cant blame them. I dont think it has anything to do wtih being happy about it, obviously nothing about this situation will ever make anyone happy, I just dont see how it makes us and better or worse just for releasing a picture of someone who is dead. I just donnot see the big deal at all. Dragging it out makes it worse cause we all know eventually it will get released, they should stop fucking around and just do it now.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this part of his family has always been vocals against his actions.

the family of OBL can seriously STFU
    Nothing will ever silence people all together, we know that. From what I've heard, the majority of the country and people I saw on NY news at ground zero, family memebers holding pictures of their dead loved ones asking to see the picture. I dont think it has anything to do with curiosity of seeing a corpse, people just want to see the person who took away 3,000 lives dead. I cant blame them. I dont think it has anything to do wtih being happy about it, obviously nothing about this situation will ever make anyone happy, I just dont see how it makes us and better or worse just for releasing a picture of someone who is dead. I just donnot see the big deal at all. Dragging it out makes it worse cause we all know eventually it will get released, they should stop fucking around and just do it now.
    The government isn't "dragging it out"' though, they simply made a statement that they wouldn't release the photo. Isn't it everyone clamoring for the photo the ones who are "dragging it out"?

There are reasons it isn't being released, it's a moot point saying that families of the 9/11 victims want it released. They just don't have the authority to do that. I just think it won't actually do any good in releasing them and may do more harm than anything in the long run. I believe it's better not to give other countries a chance to make us out to be some trophy hunting nation if we were to release a photo of the guy we killed. He's dead, it's over.

Well yes but they ask why he wasn't arrested and tried in court. This was a kill mission, plain and simple. We can't expect the SEALS to give him time to surrender during such an intense mission.

Well yes but they ask why he wasn't arrested and tried in court. This was a kill mission, plain and simple. We can't expect the SEALS to give him time to surrender during such an intense mission.
    the question is valid. It has been admitted that when they found OBL, he was unarmed. Why was he not just taken into custody? Is it not preferable for him to be taken alive and tried for his crimes? If the SEALS were in imminent danger, then I have no problem with their actions.....

Still reading between the lines, the family suggested that since there was no body, they suspect he was taken alive. Doesn't this seem like a plausible scenario? Pretty sure someone who is "dead" does not have the right to a fair trial.

edited May 2011

the question is valid. It has been admitted that when they found OBL, he was unarmed. Why was he not just taken into custody? Is it not preferable for him to be taken alive and tried for his crimes? If the SEALS were in imminent danger, then I have no problem with their actions.....

Still reading between the lines, the family suggested that since there was no body, they suspect he was taken alive. Doesn't this seem like a plausible scenario? Pretty sure someone who is "dead" does not have the right to a fair trial.

I'm sorry but I just can't buy that second part at all. I'm not even getting into conspiracy theories. They have a valid reason why he was buried at sea, and why he was buried so quickly.

As for the first part, sure of course it would be nice to take him alive, but I don't blame them in wanting to just get in there, get him, take as much info as they can, and get out.
    "different example whereby right to have a fair trial, and presumption of innocence until proven guilty by a court of law has been sacrificed on"

he already admitted to the crime so that was thrown out a long ass time ago.
    as a civilized society, he should still have been afforded that right. I am not trying to claim that I know how those SEALS should have acted. If they felt their lives were in imminent danger from OBL, then I do support them taking his life. However, it would have been better had he been taken alive.

and maybe he was.
    The government isn't "dragging it out"' though, they simply made a statement that they wouldn't release the photo. Isn't it everyone clamoring for the photo the ones who are "dragging it out"?

There are reasons it isn't being released, it's a moot point saying that families of the 9/11 victims want it released. They just don't have the authority to do that. I just think it won't actually do any good in releasing them and may do more harm than anything in the long run. I believe it's better not to give other countries a chance to make us out to be some trophy hunting nation if we were to release a photo of the guy we killed. He's dead, it's over.
    The government is eventually going to release the photo. Weather its now or 10 years the photos are going to come out one day. So yeah, they are dragging it out.

The majority of the country would like to see the photos. Thinking it will do anymore harm then good is besides the point. If they wanted to keep it from possibly causing harm, then they should have just kept his death secret all along. I mean the entire country pretty much celebrated his death, OBL supporters are going to try and do what theyre gonna do anyway. And I still dont velieve it has anything to do with the photo being a trophy. He's the one who murdered 3,000 people. They should just release it. I still see no issue in releasing it now rather then 10 years and 100's of court battles later till they finally release it. Obama prolly just waiting to release it right before the election...

Listen Arlo, I explained everything I fealt in my previous posts. This will just be another never ending back and forth debate, so lets just agree to disagree.
    edited May 2011
    fuck that bullshit. no trial for fucktards. we gave hussein a trial and look at the bullshit that ensued from that? shoot him in his fucking head and be done with it.

I'm not even getting into conspiracy theories. They have a valid reason why he was buried at sea, and why he was buried so quickly.
    I agree the reason for the sea burial had some basis. I do however think this alternate conspiracy scenario is also very plausible. OBL has much more value alive then dead. If he was unarmed, why did the SEALS not take him alive?
    "different example whereby right to have a fair trial, and presumption of innocence until proven guilty by a court of law has been sacrificed on"

he already admitted to the crime so that was thrown out a long ass time ago.
    as a civilized society, he should still have been afforded that right. I am not trying to claim that I know how those SEALS should have acted. If they felt their lives were in imminent danger from OBL, then I do support them taking his life. However, it would have been better had he been taken alive.

and maybe he was.
    dood, if they were rolling up in there, lets not forget they had a helicopter malfunction which crashed, I bet the orders were shoot to kill. I mean if I was them I wouldnt risk my life trying to take him alive, yeah, it might have been the better scenerio, but I'm just glad he's dead. We dont know what happened over there, it could all be bullshit, we just know what we were fed.

The pictures would solve everything.
    hopefully he is alive and our GOVT is beating the shit out of him on a daily basis
    The government is eventually going to release the photo. Weather its now or 10 years the photos are going to come out one day. So yeah, they are dragging it out.

The majority of the country would like to see the photos. Thinking it will do anymore harm then good is besides the point. If they wanted to keep it from possibly causing harm, then they should have just kept his death secret all along. I mean the entire country pretty much celebrated his death, OBL supporters are going to try and do what theyre gonna do anyway. And I still dont velieve it has anything to do with the photo being a trophy. He's the one who murdered 3,000 people. They should just release it. I still see no issue in releasing it now rather then 10 years and 100's of court battles later till they finally release it. Obama prolly just waiting to release it right before the election...

Listen Arlo, I explained everything I fealt in my previous posts. This will just be another never ending back and forth debate, so lets just agree to disagree.
    Obama is waiting for his election? Come on George...

Thinking it will do more harm than good is exactly the point though, I don't think you have put much critical thought as to what all goes in with a possible release of a photo like that. I don't care if 99% of the country wants to see the photos btw, it's another moot point. I know you said agree to disagree, but I can't help but comment on those points. I like conversation anyway.
    However, it would have been better had he been taken alive.

and maybe he was.
    Absolutely not.

if anything, this photo should be privately released to the family. If he was my brother, I would want that picture.
    and for all the seals know he could have been strapped with a bomb to detonate if they got to close to him.
    no fucking way would I risk my life to take a fuckin terrorist alive.
    true. we don't know what the SEALS were thinking. they were probably justified in their actions.
    still awesome hes dead tho