Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bin Laden Dead!!!! America, Fuck Yeah!!!

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    true but its hard to know the real reason behind any person of offices stance......all i can say is based on what i read it would appear to be that he was more on the abloitionist side of view at the time than the slavery side, regardless of any preserving the union type agenda
    I believe it is really hard to know Lincolns true stance on this issue. There are many conflicting writings...

William Lloyd Garrison, one of the most prominent of all abolitionists, concluded that Lincoln "had not a drop of anti-slavery blood in his veins."-Pulitzer prize-winning Lincoln biographer David Donald, Lincoln Reconsidered

I personally don't take that comment to mean that he was necessary pro-slavery. It could just mean he was like "Zero Fucks given about slavery"
    Sorry for not replying to you, lol. I agree with you, I'm just saying that a lot of people tend to believe that Lincoln had very different ideas when it comes to slavery from other people of that time when in fact that wasn't true. Like when people compared to Obama to Lincoln, I would say he's more like FDR.

dont get me started on FDR :-D
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Sorry for not replying to you, lol. I agree with you, I'm just saying that a lot of people tend to believe that Lincoln had very different ideas when it comes to slavery from other people of that time when in fact that wasn't true. Like when people compared to Obama to Lincoln, I would say he's more like FDR.

dont get me started on FDR :-D
    I would guess you know much more about FDR than what I've been taught, lol.

I suppose I should of rephrased what I said, haha.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375

And Wake, you have a very good point on Lincoln. By today's standards he would be considered a racist, lol. He didn't give a shit about black people.
    probably not. ;) If I had to guess, I believe Lincoln probably would be personally against slavery. However it was not something that was high on his importance list as we are taught to believe. It was absolutely a tool he leveraged to drive his agenda. Which was keeping the states together and a strong central gov
    See this is what I agree with. I respect Lincoln for keeping the country together. I know he only wanted to abolish slavery to help him. I also know the Emancipation Proclamation didn't do anything. That was all for show. You can't free slaves in a land that isn't a part of your country anymore.
    I'll just say he deserves a gigantic "FUCK YOUZZZZZZZ!!!" for making gold ownership illegal... WTF?!?! And removing the gold standard to our currency. Not only that the forced slavery, and the provoking the japs to bomb perl harbor so he could get the peoples support to jump into WW2.

FDR probably fucked our country up more then nay other president. We are still to this day feeling the pain of his legacy. You could write books upon books of this guys fuck ups.

I often say I think I hate Lincoln more because he really was the first of the strong central gov movement. and I really believe that had Lincoln not been president then perhaps we could have kept the country going the way the founding fathers intended, then someone like FDR probably would have never been elected.

Really though... FDR is probably most responsible for all the pains we see on a daily basis.

See this is what I agree with. I respect Lincoln for keeping the country together. I know he only wanted to abolish slavery to help him. I also know the Emancipation Proclamation didn't do anything. That was all for show. You can't free slaves in a land that isn't a part of your country anymore.
    the price was too great IMHO. I can understand him wanting to keep things together, but the crimes he committed to do that was too painful and aren't justified by the end result.

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'll just say he deserves a gigantic "FUCK YOUZZZZZZZ!!!" for making gold ownership illegal... WTF?!?! And removing the gold standard to our currency. Not only that the forced slavery, and the provoking the japs to bomb perl harbor so he could get the peoples support to jump into WW2.

FDR probably fucked our country up more then nay other president. We are still to this day feeling the pain of his legacy. You could write books upon books of this guys fuck ups.

I often say I think I hate Lincoln more because he really was the first of the strong central gov movement. and I really believe that had Lincoln not been president then perhaps we could have kept the country going the way the founding fathers intended, then someone like FDR probably would have never been elected.

Really though... FDR is probably most responsible for all the pains we see on a daily basis.
    What is your interpretation of what the founding fathers intended?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    From Jefferson's writings, I believe the intent of the founding fathers was that a government's only role was to protect the citizens unalienable right to their own life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness (aka property, or outputs of labor). The founding fathers were against heavy taxation without representation, and were in support of the people having a say in their government. I understand it was much easier to run a government in this fashion with the populations what they were then, but I think if Jefferson was alive today he would be in support of greater state or local rights, with a much lower federal control. basically.

TL;DR - Local Gov > Federal Gov, because the people have a voice.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Lol, ignorance runs in the family, eh?
    Where have you learned about Lincoln?
    his mommy
    hes homeschooled, remember?
    imageimage
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    his mommy
    Me and Arlo learn stuff from our mommy all the time. She's a historian. :-))

I wouldn't blame the home school thing though. I think Erik is getting the exact same education all of us had, which the system has a LOT of flaws, especially when it comes to history.
    id rather take facts from an historian than someone who is just going through the motions with no credible backing of what shes teaching
    i ghighly doubt a homeschool education could suffice for a normal one, but thats just me
    imageimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    his mommy
    Lol, keep dangling off my nuts you stupid whore. It's funny, 'cause I'm homeschooled, and 10x smarter than you could hope to be, I'm 15, and I can say you have a lot of fucking growing up to do.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    so erik and bianca dont get along anymore?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Was a new stealth helicopter used in the raid on the rag-head?

http://i.stuff.co.nz/world/osama-bin-laden/4967800/Osama-Bin-Laden-raid-chopper-mystery

thats awesome.... i love the hi-tech secrets of the military
    fucking badass
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    8-|
    do you have any relevent facts to prove that?
    no, i dont think you do
    i know throwing random insults is your thing but people would actually have a debate about a topic if you went with a more factual approach
    imageimage
    8-|
    fuck
    im not home so i dont have the 'youmustbenew' pic
    imageimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Another thing, my Mom has nothing to do with it dumbass, she pays for it, that's it. It's done through an organization, IE; REAL teachers. It's not just some obscure home-ran unofficial company. Educate yourself on the shit you want to bash me for.
    homeschool =/= normal schooling

/thread
    imageimage