Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bin Laden Dead!!!! America, Fuck Yeah!!!

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i was in gym class outside playing softball and one of the other teachers came and got me
    i was walking down the hallway and met my sister halfway to the office and she didnt even know what was going on
    we thought it was my great grandpa because he was in the hospital at the time but there were sitloads of parents in the office and my mom didnt say anything until we got to my nanas house and we watched it from there
    my dad works in the city and was near there so my mom cried until he came through the door
    i was too young to really feel the gravity of what had happened so i was just on the floor eating my tuna sandwhich
    imageimage
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    On 9/11 I was in school wondering why the fuck we couldn't go outside. I was pissed.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I was in 11th grade. I walked into class and the teacher had it on the TV in the classroom saying "a plane accidently hit the world trade center" then BOOM the other one flew right into it. I saw the 2nd plane hit on live TV. They sent us home about an hr later and I just smoked pot and watched it on TV all night. Still unbelievable.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I was in 4th grade when the towers fell. It was like my 6th day of school at a new school. About an hour into school I got called down to the office because I was going home. But I had no idea why. My mom picked me and my brother up and didn't say anything to us until we were in the car. They then told me what happened, and that my uncle, who worked in tower 5 I think, was missing. So I pretty much lost it.

I went home, saw videos over and over again of what happened and it just made me even more upset. So my parents sent me upstairs to go watch ESPN or cartoons. Well that didn't work because the channels that didn't have footage of the Towers had video of the Pentagon instead.

Thankfully, around 3PM my uncle called my aunt to say he was okay. His friend wasn't so lucky.

I live on Long Island, so whenever we would drive off the Island I would always see the Towers and my parents would point them out.

The weirdest part was 1.5 weeks later. We were heading to Dover, DE for a NASCAR race. It was the 1st major sporting event after the attacks. Well when we drove off the Island we could still see all the smoke from the fires that were still burning, and the dust that was still sitting in the air.

It's still strange driving past the City and looking at the downtown and not seeing the towers, even 10 years later.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    wow youre relatively young..
    imageimage
    wow youre relatively young..
    I'll be only 19 on Sunday.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    I had just woken up and was eating breakfast when i first saw the news about it

i was waiting with my little sister at the (school) bus stop and when i came back to the house to get ready to go to school.... was when the 2nd tower fell.
    I know my mom was at work. She just got there, went to the cafeteria to get breakfast, and the TV's in the cafeteria had it on. She said everybody thought a plane flew into the 1st tower and it was an accident. Everybody thought it was just an accident until the 2nd plane came roaring in, turned onto its side and nailed the 2nd tower. She said there were screams, a couple people collapsed, but most just stood there speechless. They knew that it was an attack, but they just couldn't process it.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    LMFAO
    hahahahha i almost fell out of chair hahaha.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I was in 4th grade too. Everything seemed to get real weird, like my teacher kept going out of the class room which wasn't normal. Then I went to science class the next room over and the teachers weren't letting us know what was going on because we were just kids, but everyone was talking and spreading rumors about what was going on. I specifically remember looking out the window (because that's where my seat was) and seeing a plane fly by, now if this was Flight 93 I don't know, but I'm sure it's possible it was. Then over the announcements they just kept calling people down for early dismissals and I just remember I was so pissed because no one came to get me all day. D:
    imageimage
    I was in 4th grade too. Everything seemed to get real weird, like my teacher kept going out of the class room which wasn't normal. Then I went to science class the next room over and the teachers weren't letting us know what was going on because we were just kids, but everyone was talking and spreading rumors about what was going on. I specifically remember looking out the window (because that's where my seat was) and seeing a plane fly by, now if this was Flight 93 I don't know, but I'm sure it's possible it was. Then over the announcements they just kept calling people down for early dismissals and I just remember I was so pissed because no one came to get me all day. D:
    was it not normal for planes to fly by your school?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I was in 2nd grade. I more than likely didn't understand what was going on.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    edited May 2011
    It wasn't normal for them to be so low as to where I could see them out the window. I live along the route Flight 93 took before it crashed, so y'never know.
    imageimage
    It wasn't normal for them to be so low as to where I could see them out the window. I live along the route Flight 93 took before it crashed, so y'never know.
    ohhh okay. Yeah i guess it is possible then. That would be weird.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited May 2011

It is what the D's say that pisses me off, if Bush were in office he wouldn't be saying that I should sell my truck and drive a hybrid. He would be working to lower gas prices and do everything in his power to make it happen where Obama doesn't care and is actually doing everything he can to make sure gas prices rise.
    Right. Bush would be giving a speech about how we need to make gas prices lower and how he was going to work with the oil companies to get it done. He'd then talk to them, tell them they get a huge tax payer funded tax break if they lower prices by a dime for 2 weeks, and slipped him a few hundred million in his private off shore account. The oil companies would make BANK off you with Bush's help, Bush would make Bank, and you are the sucker left waving the flag for the dude that just fucked you. yay republicans.
    this, The oil companies are ass fucking this country with a 16 inch dildo and Republicans want to give them billion dollar tax breaks all the while throwing tax payer money at them through subsidies

in the last decade the big 5 oil companies have reported 1TRILLION in profits yet they Still get tax payer money, that is fucking disgusting
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited May 2011
    once again you people fail, u realize the president has almost no effect on the price of gas right. i would love for primus to explain how george bush personally fought to lower gas prices. go ahead im listening..
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    once again you people fail, u realize the president has almost no effect on the price of gas right. i would love for primus to explain how george bush personally fought to lower gas prices. go ahead im listening..
    the president "could indirectly" affect gas prices. he could introduce legislation to congress to regulate the prices, drill in alaska, ect...
    very indirectly, and the regulation of gas prices is never going to happen regardless of the president, sux but true
    its still wayy more congress' abilities to solve these problems over the president