Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The road to moderation

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    you dont have a place to provide ACCURATE input considering youre still pretty new here
    i dont understand why this needs to be discussed NOW before anything happened at all rather than when time or mike divulge the plan
    my input was actually ASKED for, was yours?
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2011
    Jesus Christ. Will someone slap this self absorbed cunt please? You're not special. You're not any more important then another other person on this site. And your holier then thou attitude is obnoxious.

I have every bit the right to provide input how this topic. If you don't want me to provide input, suck a little dick and get me booted. I felt this topic was very appropriate considering everyone is throwing in their 2 cents on who should be moderator. My ONLY point has been that we should discuss as a group what a moderator IS before it is decided who they should be.
    Post edited by WakeOfAshes on
    youre missing my point, why NOW when nothing is out in the open so you can rile people up rather than when something actually happens
    imageimage
    edited April 2011
    because later might be too late. If this discussion should happen later then I am cool with that, But I think this discussion should happen, and it should happen days before decisions on moderation are changed. Perhaps it is best to keep the same mods? perhaps it is best to change it up? How are we supposed to know what the best course forward is unless we discuss as a group what we want from the role of a moderator.
    the mods have it handled
    imageimage
    the mods have it handled
    my point exactly. It shouldnt be handled by the few if you want a healthy board. WE as a group should come to a conscious on what WE want from a moderator. Not what Mike thinks. Not what Tim thinks. That is how all this bullshit happened in the first place.

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    who in their right mind would want to mod this board anyways.....
    im sure they are organizing it in a way where they will hear everyones take you just need to calm your tits
    imageimage
    And maybe Tim or Mike or someone else has really great thoughts on how we can minimize this bullshit in the future. But talking about it with the group since it affects then directly is going to lead to a healthy board.
    I think you do an alright job.
    yes by all means talk about it, BUT NOT RIGHT NOW
    imageimage
    im sure they are organizing it in a way where they will hear everyones take you just need to calm your tits
    perhaps if you showed me how calm yours were, then I'd have some one to follow [-O<
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    As someone else said its all about the so called "power"
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    wake trys to start a civil discussion and Bianca and Dayna blow a gasket... 8-|
  • TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
    But talking about it with the group since it affects then directly is going to lead to a healthy board.
    All of these, at the same time.

My personal opinion on this thread is that a bit of discussion about how moderation could work is not bad, but stuff where people are actually coming in and going "I think X should be a mod." is pretty useless, and actually leads to problems.

A better way of handling it would be: "I think moderation is all about ____. To do that, we need someone/people who have X,Y,Z qualities." That's useful and informative. Blurting out names just causes pointless fighting for no reason.

my 2c
    there are some who call me... tim?
    wake trys to start a civil discussion and Bianca and Dayna blow a gasket... 8-|
    oh shit, shane's on my side again. what's wrong with the world? :-))
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    As someone else said its all about the so called "power"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

All of these, at the same time.

My personal opinion on this thread is that a bit of discussion about how moderation could work is not bad, but stuff where people are actually coming in and going "I think X should be a mod." is pretty useless, and actually leads to problems.

A better way of handling it would be: "I think moderation is all about ____. To do that, we need someone/people who have X,Y,Z qualities." That's useful and informative. Blurting out names just causes pointless fighting for no reason.

my 2c
    EXACTLY. Tim knows what's up. I made it pretty clear in my first post that was the point of this thread... not to name names, because that is meaningless at this point. But to come to a consensus on what it should be.... and so when the time comes to name names, those names will know if they are really up for the job.
  • TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic