Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The road to moderation

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hanks is a good actor imo
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

Yea but some will see that as them not being able to voice their opinion.
    totally understandable. but what are the alternative options? Take the BT-Erik thing.... How could have have been avoided? The mods made a new general rule without calling anyone out, but Erik took it personally... freaked out... got banned... whole board went crazy. How do we avoid that in the future?
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    The movie that he did that I most liked was Big. That was about it.

Ummm.... Cast Away??? That movie was brilliant.

:-)) someone's trolling. haha. I actually almost killed myself during that movie. two hours of listening to hanks talk to himself is something no person should have to endure.
    I liked BIG, but thought they could have got someone else better for the role.

Yea but some will see that as them not being able to voice their opinion.
    totally understandable. but what are the alternative options? Take the BT-Erik thing.... How could have have been avoided? The mods made a new general rule without calling anyone out, but Erik took it personally... freaked out... got banned... whole board went crazy. How do we avoid that in the future?
    Take away personal attacks or attacks against family. Take away spamming of "Youre a fuckign retard" or stuff like that. Make them have an actual genuine argument.
    I liked BIG, but thought they could have got someone else better for the role.
    I would of loved someone else but that's about the closest movie I came to actually liking a movie by him.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

:-)) someone's trolling. haha. I actually almost killed myself during that movie. two hours of listening to hanks talk to himself is something no person should have to endure.
    Definitely not trolling, it takes a skilled actor to be able to pull that off. Who didn't tear up when he lost Wilson?
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.

that was part of the new rule everyone flipped their shit abot
    yeah, i know... but there has to be some sort of appropriate action. What if someone is harassing another member to the point that the person is going to leave. Are we cool with that as a community? I'd like to think not, and that is my vote. So how can this situation be handled without a shit load of asshurt and freaking out?

Definitely not trolling, it takes a skilled actor to be able to pull that off. Who didn't tear up when he lost Wilson?
    A sane person. It's a fucking volleyball.
    BUT IT WAS HIS FRIEND!

A sane person. It's a fucking volleyball.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep

yeah, i know... but there has to be some sort of appropriate action. What if someone is harassing another member to the point that the person is going to leave. Are we cool with that as a community? I'd like to think not, and that is my vote. So how can this situation be handled without a shit load of asshurt and freaking out?
    depends on who's about to leave honestly as far as i'm concerned
    I'm sure we would all be a little loco of we were stuck on an island for 2 years.
    i'm spend my days making sand castles

Ok Shane, what if you start a efight w/ someone and they start saying shit about me to the point where I want to leave?
    I'm sure we would all be a little loco of we were stuck on an island for 2 years.
    Same as being married to a crazy person. Like Chris Titus said, "Crazy makes you crazy".

Ok Shane, what if you start a efight w/ someone and they start saying shit about me to the point where I want to leave?
    5 bucks to the first person that does this

5 bucks to the first person that does this
    You know what, I'm not fucking cooking dinner tonight. Take it where it hurts bitch!