Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Another danger to society

Comments

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

All the guys I listed here are fucking skumbags and deserve death. however not all are "nut jobs". Get to understand their motivations and their thinking and you will see I am right.
    I honestly see what you're trying to get at, but in my opinion, anyone who thinks resorting to killing people as a means for change isn't right in the head. That is what animals do. Animals resort to violence because that is all they are programmed to do in means of changing the creatures around them.

And of course bin Laden isn't going to get to claim insanity. Most people don't think he is insane because he is so intelligent and well educated. As a society, the world hasn't dove into the human mind deeper than it needs to go just yet. We have a norm of what we define as crazy, and a calm collected, wealthy, and well educated person doesn't fit your average sociopath.

I'd love to keep discussing this, but I must leave for school, lol!

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Legally insane = nut job
    Obviously insane = nut job
    Appears insane = nut job

The way you put it, you are differentiating different levels of insane. I look at it differently. Either black or white. Either you are a nut job or not. No grey areas, that's for women.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    and alec add this one too

women = nutjobs
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011
    Alec, I think if you ever meet someone who is actually a "nut job" you will understand what I am getting at. If Bin Laden went to a social gathering you were at in disguise and you had a discussion with you, I doubt you would walk away from that discussion thinking "Jesus. there is something fucking off about that dude. I know who NOT to call for a baby sitter". I'm not saying you would like him or agree with what he said, but I do not believe you would think he was a "nut job" with mental issues.

A "nut job" is someone who notices his milk jug he just bought isnt the same color of clear plastic and so he chops off the checkers head with a shovel. A "nut job" is not some dude who despises his wife and then organizes her murder while he is "away on business". Both people are murders, but both aren't insane.
    A nut job is anyone who is less than sane and kills another person or group of people to further his warped twisted insane view of the world around him. Bin Laden qualifies for nut job. I would immediately know he was a nut job as soon as he opened his mouth and spoke.
    The example you listed is indeed a nut job but so is bin Laden. You are trying to qualify and quanitfy. I am not. A nut is a nut is a nut.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    a nut job to me is anyone who believes in imaginary people and base their entire life around said imaginary friend...
    a nut job to me is anyone who believes in imaginary people and base their entire life around said imaginary friend...
    Does that mean that my friend has to go away now?
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    The doctors usually classify insanity as the ability to differentiate right from wrong but in reality everyone has a different opinion on it.
    The doctors usually classify insanity as the ability to differentiate right from wrong but in reality everyone has a different opinion on it.
    Sure... This seems reasonable. And I believe Bin Laden knew this action was "wrong" but necessary. I would disagree with him completely on it being necessary and I believe there are better alternatives then what he concluded. Still, Bin laden knew his action was wrong.... that is clearly evident from the videos he posted in the aftermath.

Legally insane = nut job
    Appears insane = nut job

The way you put it, you are differentiating different levels of insane. I look at it differently. Either black or white. Either you are a nut job or not. No grey areas, that's for women.
    Oh no, I'm saying there's so many different types of people and you can't really have a specific type of person that qualifies as insane, because sometimes things aren't as they appear to seem. That's all. :)
    Legally insane = nut job
    Appears insane = nut job

Oh no, I'm saying there's so many different types of people and you can't really have a specific type of person that qualifies as insane, because sometimes things aren't as they appear to seem. That's all. :)

Sorry. That was directed at Wake.
    Oops, my mistake! Sorry!
    Sorry. That was directed at Wake.
    I took it as being directed towards me.
    check out this related Isreal Palestine story

http://www.imemc.org/article/61573?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

TLDR -Israel passes draft law requiring Palestinians to pay for their own home demolitions
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It was interesting reading this thread from a post-Bin Laden death point of view.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    It was interesting reading this thread from a post-Bin Laden death point of view.
    Did you agree with my assessment of Bin laden?
    1. All drugs need to be legalized, taxed, and regulated because no one is not doing drugs because they are illegal. People are going to do what people are going to do, and a stupid drug law isnt going to stop them from smoking crack. I dont use drugs, but I am sure I could score some coke in less then two hours if I wanted too. Instead of the war on drugs we can re-purpose that to education and recovery programs to get people the help they need.

2. true.

3. we should stop using oil now.

4. fuck Canada.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    1. All drugs need to be legalized, taxed, and regulated because no one is not doing drugs because they are illegal. People are going to do what people are going to do, and a stupid drug law isnt going to stop them from smoking crack. I dont use drugs, but I am sure I could score some coke in less then two hours if I wanted too. Instead of the war on drugs we can re-purpose that to education and recovery programs to get people the help they need.

2. true.

3. we should stop using oil now.

4. fuck Canada.

1. YES DRUGS SHOULD ALL BE LEGAL

2. ??

3. OIL IS GREAT AND WE HAVE MORE OF IT THEN WE KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH

4. FUCK CANADA IN THEIR STUPID ASS
    fucking steam cars ftw
    I think we should just use the sun and batteries.