Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Another danger to society

Comments

• Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    Ok, so if no one should have to pay fo ranything for anyone else does that mean everyone should have to go serve some military time instead of having only a certain amount die for our country and our freedom?
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    shane, why don't you skip a few shows and buy your wife some insurance?

You guys can't afford insurance but you go to four times as many shows as I do. I'm confused. Could you afford it if you stayed home and did the responsible thing?
    Umm because no insurance will take me at all considering the amount it will cost them to get me to walk again.
    How is that my problem though? Why should I help pay? I'm confused still.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    you have to agree with this one alec. we need to break the for profit healthcare system, until we make it a public service and not a business things will never get better. i'm not saying free but cap astronomical provider fees and cap the billions in pure profit the insurance companies make and things will bet better. the insurance companies should be forced to run at bare minimum profit levels not be able to pick and choose who they cover
    shane, why don't you skip a few shows and buy your wife some insurance?

You guys can't afford insurance but you go to four times as many shows as I do. I'm confused. Could you afford it if you stayed home and did the responsible thing?
    i've spent 60 bucks in shows this year, i've done some looking and the absolute cheapest insurance she could get is about 160 a month and it was fucking terrible.
    I'm stating there should be a way that every American who has done their fair share of work (again, I worked 2 jobs since I was 18 till I got fired from one cause of crutches) should have an equal RIGHT of a healthy lifestyle.
    I don't understand how the government can find a way to have every citizen have an equal chance at education as well as college assistance but can't find a way to have an equal chance at healthy living.
    I agree with you, Judy. I don't think it should come from the labors of others though.
    Shane, I also agree with some of what you say. We already have to pick up quite a few "uninsurable" people from the pool as it's been law here in Illinois for quite a while. The problem lies with the third party administrators who actually handle the claims. Not enough of them negotiate better rates from the service providers.
    The service providers charge so much because of all the junk nonsense lawsuits they have had to fight over the years. Now that's not to say all suits are frivolous because some are legit suits. Until this country stops blaming everyone else for their own misconduct then nothing will ever change. America is a very letigious society. (they love to sue)
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    christ? i guess the cops have nothing better to do in Oklahoma. 30 years? 10 years? to a mother and grandmother for a dime of trees? I hope the prosecuters office is proud of this victory <_>
    This. This country obbiously has nothing better to do...and with weed of all "drugs". What really pisses me off is this chick got 10 years for 20 bucks worth of weed. But yet a guy broke every bone in a baby's body and only got 5 years max.

Wtf is wrong with this picture?
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wake, ask UPfreebird about the process for getting and keeping a medical card. He's got a caregiver's card and I believe his wife has a medical card. He knows the system in Michigan and could more intelligently comment on it than I could.
    I really only have friends who got one in CA... they told me it was a joke. And that doesnt surprise me as CA is one of the more progressive states

I really don't care about its difficulty personally. I dont really ever have any plans to smoke weed in the future. Its been probably close to a decade since I last smoked pot. I do however fully support legalizing not only cannabis but all drugs. I want the drug war over, so drugs will stop being so glamorized. But there is no way that is happening.... the US gov makes a fortune on the drug war. Why would they want to stop such a good money maker.
    I agree with you, Judy. I don't think it should come from the labors of others though.
    Shane, I also agree with some of what you say. We already have to pick up quite a few "uninsurable" people from the pool as it's been law here in Illinois for quite a while. The problem lies with the third party administrators who actually handle the claims. Not enough of them negotiate better rates from the service providers.
    The service providers charge so much because of all the junk nonsense lawsuits they have had to fight over the years. Now that's not to say all suits are frivolous because some are legit suits. Until this country stops blaming everyone else for their own misconduct then nothing will ever change. America is a very letigious society. (they love to sue)
    i agree with some of what you said. there is no easy answer to this problem, but ignoring it, like the Republicans wanted to do all along, is not going to make anything better for anybody. this is a very flawed legislation but its the first of its kinda since ( correct me if i'm wrong ) since nixon passed Comprehensive Health Insurance act almsot 40 years ago. every pres has talked the talk but obama actually walked it. regardless of if you agree with it you have to give him credit.
    Obama got swagga
    imageimage
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    It is disappointing to me that scum like this woman are allowed to carry on with their disgusting drug-dealing practices at all.
    ._.
    I don't think the Republicans ignored anything. I think ALL of them ignored it for so long that it's become a problem that won't be solved. It's far too easy to get caught up in the finger pointing and forget about the issue and I think that's what both parties have done. I don't like Obama but enough of this country did to elect him. He needs to fulfill the promises he made to those who voted for him. He hasn't done so yet. Jobs haven't appeared, the economy is still in the crapper, and people still don't have health coverages. We are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. We are about to add Libya to that list. It seems like more of the same old same old to me.
    I don't think the Republicans ignored anything. I think ALL of them ignored it for so long that it's become a problem that won't be solved. It's far too easy to get caught up in the finger pointing and forget about the issue and I think that's what both parties have done. I don't like Obama but enough of this country did to elect him. He needs to fulfill the promises he made to those who voted for him. He hasn't done so yet. Jobs haven't appeared, the economy is still in the crapper, and people still don't have health coverages. We are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. We are about to add Libya to that list. It seems like more of the same old same old to me.
    We need to get our heads out of everybody's business, imo. Do you really need to go to Libya? Really? And as for the economy, jobs, ect...that's going to take a really long time to fix. I think a lot of people today are very impatient and want things to happen as fast as possible, which causes issues...especially with things this big. Also...it always seems like when something goes in the right direction, someone in the government has to stop or halt shit with a reason why it won't work, will cost too much, or will take too long so it isn't worth it or some bs <_>
    imageimage
    It appears that obama is begging the other leaders of this Libya coalition to take cahrge and they are saying no that they want the US to lead the effort. I hope we stay out of it but that ship has sailed I'm afraid.
    "they are saying no that they want the US to lead the effort"

Sounds like they don't want to deal with it...and of course we just have to do it
    imageimage
    It appears that obama is begging the other leaders of this Libya coalition to take cahrge and they are saying no that they want the US to lead the effort. I hope we stay out of it but that ship has sailed I'm afraid.
    i may be wrong but we are the only military superpower left, and the only ones with the know how to run a multi national campaign. im not surprised they are begging us to take charge
    Why can't we just let the countries fall to shit and take care of our own? Why spend billions on others and let the people here go through shit?