Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

what makes you panic?

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    There's nothing out there that proves ghosts are real though
    Yeah same can be said about your god Santana.
    That's the saddest statement I've had the displeasure of reading today
    Well would you like to elaborate as to why? Both are man-made fanciful beings and I'd love any kind of evidence that would prove me wrong.
    The bible, the Torah, Jesus, disciples,...need I say more? Show me this ghost bible, this ghost creator/leader, and people who follow him and then we can talk. I'm not progressing any further because you can believe god isn't real all you want to. I shall believe in god however
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The bible was written by man, so it doesn't mean shit.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

Lol, I don't have any grudge with someone believing in what they what but I do find it extremely ironic that he would openly wonder how some people believe in ghosts (or any made up creature or being) without proper evidence to supprt it.
    I think it's weirder imo, to believe in made up creatures but think religion is so far out there.

One makes you acceptable to society, the other makes you look like Dale Gribble.
    Yes but to me I don't care how "socially acceptable" it is, if it's BS I'm going to call it out. Both are absolute lies, and I find it more important to question religion because it unfortunately plays such a big role all over the world. Ghosts however.....not nearly as much.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    edited March 2011

Lol, I don't have any grudge with someone believing in what they what but I do find it extremely ironic that he would openly wonder how some people believe in ghosts (or any made up creature or being) without proper evidence to supprt it.
    I think it's weirder imo, to believe in made up creatures but think religion is so far out there.

One makes you acceptable to society, the other makes you look like Dale Gribble.
    Yes but to me I don't care how "socially acceptable" it is, if it's BS I'm going to call it out. Both are absolute lies, and I find it more important to question religion because it unfortunately plays such a big role all over the world. Ghosts however.....not nearly as much.
    Just trying to make you laugh, man. :( I agree.

Edit: And at least religion does create a lot of charities and organizations and stuff to help people and motivates more to get involved. I don't care if they're doing it for Jesus, at least they're contributing to helping people.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    bwahahaha @ questioning the dude's faith
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Well would you like to elaborate as to why? Both are man-made fanciful beings and I'd love any kind of evidence that would prove me wrong.
    The bible, the Torah, Jesus, disciples,...need I say more? Show me this ghost bible, this ghost creator/leader, and people who follow him and then we can talk. I'm not progressing any further because you can believe god isn't real all you want to. I shall believe in god however
    Bible is written by man, is fiction, and men have changed it so much since the "original" it's now mega, extra fiction
    imageimage
    The bible was written by man, so it doesn't mean shit.
    Now thats just an ignorant statement if I haven't seen one.

You can believe religion is a lie all you want to but the other 2+ million of us will believe the truth
    "Bible is written by man, is fiction, and men have changed it so much since the "original" it's now mega, extra fiction"
    You may think it is fiction but it is otherwise. Prove to me that it has changed. Try proving that.
    Old testament =/= (current) new testament
    who knows how long it will take them to revise it again
    "Bible is written by man, is fiction, and men have changed it so much since the "original" it's now mega, extra fiction"
    You may think it is fiction but it is otherwise. Prove to me that it has changed. Try proving that.
    There are so many versions and translations over the years of it, mayne. @-)
    If I'm not mistaken, I just saw a new version of it being released recently.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    You seriously think the bible has never been changed and that everything in it is truth? Wow...
    imageimage
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    The Bible 2: The Battle Of Heaven
    LOL
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    The Bible and The Torah are both books with completely different stories. I don't understand how a physical book can serve as any kind of evidence of a divine creator. I've been reading the Bible lately anyway, I don't know how much of it you've read but it's full of contradictions and mythical stories that it has no way of backing up. Just because an old book proclaims it doesn't mean it has merit.

There are plenty of stories written about ghosts actually, including TV shows. Now of course I find no reason to believe in any of it but according to your standards I'm surprised you haven't looked into it. Maybe because they don't have a reward for you after you die? Okay that last sentence was a dick move but still, you get the point.

I also find it funny that you automatically call "god" a "he". I suspect you have this set image of what your personal "god" is. What led you to that decision? What book do you actually base your "god" off of? Each book has completely different representations of who "god" is, hell, Christians have so many different sects I've lost count because they can't even get their own damn book right.

Also it's not that I "believe god isn't real", it's a lack of belief until given the evidence to support that there actually is one. Throwing books around is just plain silly, there are plenty of religious books that talk about many different gods and goddesses and just because they exist doesn't make them true in any way. Good day sir!
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6F-xpZkfVQ

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket