Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

what makes you panic?

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    who knows how long it will take them to revise it again
    If I'm not mistaken, I just saw a new version of it being released recently.
    The Bible 2: The Battle Of Heaven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6F-xpZkfVQ

{Upload|6331}
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I've been reading the Bible lately anyway, I don't know how much of it you've read but it's full of contradictions and mythical stories that it has no way of backing up.
    That story you told me of those two soldiers wanting to bone those two other dudes in that other guy's house, then the guy telling them "HERE HAVE MY DAUGHTERES INSTEAD" and then getting his daughters pregnant himself still creeps me out.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    And at least religion does create a lot of charities and organizations and stuff to help people and motivates more to get involved. I don't care if they're doing it for Jesus, at least they're contributing to helping people.
    I'm sorry but I can't even be happy with this anymore. Yeah these people help out those who are less fortunate but they do so in the name of god and try to convert others to Christianity along the way. It's annoying that these people can't just do good for the sake of doing good.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    So..since we're arguing about God and ghosts....what about Demons? Because there's been many documented cases of that bullshit. But yet, you can't really "see" em
    imageimage
    edited March 2011
    I've been reading the Bible lately anyway, I don't know how much of it you've read but it's full of contradictions and mythical stories that it has no way of backing up.
    That story you told me of those two soldiers wanting to bone those two other dudes in that other guy's house, then the guy telling them "HERE HAVE MY DAUGHTERES INSTEAD" and then getting his daughters pregnant himself still creeps me out.
    There was an angry mob outside of Lot's house wanting to have sex with the two angels that came to take him out of Sodom before it was destroyed by god. To keep the mob at bay he offered his two virgin daughters to do with as they pleased and god never condemned him for it.
    And at least religion does create a lot of charities and organizations and stuff to help people and motivates more to get involved. I don't care if they're doing it for Jesus, at least they're contributing to helping people.
    I'm sorry but I can't even be happy with this anymore. Yeah these people help out those who are less fortunate but they do so in the name of god and try to convert others to Christianity along the way. It's annoying that these people can't just do good for the sake of doing good.
    I used to feel the same way, but think of it like this. It's better than nothing right?

But yeah, I hate it when some Christians think they're better than me because they believe in God, despite the fact I've actually done something to help things I care about.
    There was an angry mob outside of Lot's house wanting to have sex with the two angels that came to take him out of Sodom before it was destroyed by god. To keep the mob at bay he offered his two virgin daughters to do with as they pleased and god never condemned him for it.
    God is an angry pedophile. D:
    edited March 2011
    So..since we're arguing about God and ghosts....what about Demons? Because there's been many documented cases of that bullshit. But yet, you can't really "see" em
    I would say those are just very mentally ill people who never got real treatment for their ailments. It really saddens me. Edit: I mean the people who have exorcisms performed on them

It's just like those dirty fucking scientologists. If you have cancer or some shit, they put you on a "vitamin regimen" instead of actually helping you. Then they take all your money while you're weak.

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "Bible is written by man, is fiction, and men have changed it so much since the "original" it's now mega, extra fiction"
    You may think it is fiction but it is otherwise. Prove to me that it has changed. Try proving that.
    You seriously think the bible has never been changed and that everything in it is truth? Wow...
    Prove to me it has changed. Otherwise it's just uneducated speculation

"
    The Bible and The Torah are both books with completely different stories."
    The first 5 books of the bible is the Torah

"I don't know how much of it you've read but it's full of contradictions"
    I find it hard to believe these contradictions

"There are plenty of stories written about ghosts actually, including TV shows. Now of course I find no reason to believe in any of it but according to your standards I'm surprised you haven't looked into it. Maybe because they don't have a reward for you after you die? Okay that last sentence was a dick move but still, you get the point. "
    TV shows? Really? I mean...tv shows? Lol. I can't really respond to that

"I also find it funny that you automatically call "god" a "he". I suspect you have this set image of what your personal "god" is. What led you to that decision? What book do you actually base your "god" off of? Each book has completely different representations of who "god" is, hell, Christians have so many different sects I've lost count because they can't even get their own damn book right. "

Don't have a set image. The only image I have is Jesus. I say he because that's the only pronoun for god I have ever seen. The sects are just different interpretations of the bible. I don't think we should really be discussing pronouns for god anyway. It doesn't seem like a very important detail

"Also it's not that I "believe god isn't real", it's a lack of belief until given the evidence to support that there actually is one. Throwing books around is just plain silly, there are plenty of religious books that talk about many different gods and goddesses and just because they exist doesn't make them true in any way. Good day sir!"
    Faith is something very important to religions. To wait for evidence is what separates non believers and believers. Those other religious books hold no water because they have prove nothing like what the bible has proved
    I don't like angry pedos

[-X
    imageimage
    The character of god according to the Bible is that of an extremely angry being that for some reason keeps getting pissed at these faulty humans that he himself created in his own image yet still feels that all of them deserve eternal punishment for rules that he created knowing that humans would never be able to live up to them.

Frankly saying, he's an ass.
    I would say those are just very mentally ill people who never got real treatment for their ailments. It really saddens me.

It's just like those dirty fucking scientologists. If you have cancer or some shit, they put you on a "vitamin regimen" instead of actually helping you. Then they take all your money while you're weak.

Guess my mom is crazy =/

She's seen what she described as death years ago after someone she loved died
    imageimage

The character of god according to the Bible is that of an extremely angry being that for some reason keeps getting pissed at these faulty humans that he himself created in his own image yet still feels that all of them deserve eternal punishment for rules that he created knowing that humans would never be able to live up to them.

Frankly saying, he's an ass.
    It's like a kid with a magnifying glass and an anthill.

Btw, Santana there's a contradiction for you, since you asked. God is supposedly loving and perfect, but he has such petty human emotions and hurts and kills people all the time. I think that's called abuse. D:
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Guys you know the old and new testament god are very different correct?
    Guys you know the old and new testament god are very different correct?
    So are you saying there's two gods or that he has multipersonalities?
    imageimage

Guess my mom is crazy =/

She's seen what she described as death years ago after someone she loved died
    I don't doubt that she saw something or experienced other senses and saw what she saw was death. But how was she raised? Was she already believing in spirits and whatnot before this happened?

I'm not trying to be an ass, I just think it's better to not believe in things like this. :) In my experiences it made me miserable and scared. Now that I don't believe anymore (thanks to Arlo, mainly) I haven't seen or heard or anything like that since.

I still have a fear of the dark though. :-))

1. The Bible and The Torah are both books with completely different stories."
    The first 5 books of the bible is the Torah

2. "I don't know how much of it you've read but it's full of contradictions"
    I find it hard to believe these contradictions

3. "There are plenty of stories written about ghosts actually, including TV shows. Now of course I find no reason to believe in any of it but according to your standards I'm surprised you haven't looked into it. Maybe because they don't have a reward for you after you die? Okay that last sentence was a dick move but still, you get the point. "
    TV shows? Really? I mean...tv shows? Lol. I can't really respond to that

4. "I also find it funny that you automatically call "god" a "he". I suspect you have this set image of what your personal "god" is. What led you to that decision? What book do you actually base your "god" off of? Each book has completely different representations of who "god" is, hell, Christians have so many different sects I've lost count because they can't even get their own damn book right. "

Don't have a set image. The only image I have is Jesus. I say he because that's the only pronoun for god I have ever seen. The sects are just different interpretations of the bible. I don't think we should really be discussing pronouns for god anyway. It doesn't seem like a very important detail

5. "Also it's not that I "believe god isn't real", it's a lack of belief until given the evidence to support that there actually is one. Throwing books around is just plain silly, there are plenty of religious books that talk about many different gods and goddesses and just because they exist doesn't make them true in any way. Good day sir!"
    Faith is something very important to religions. To wait for evidence is what separates non believers and believers. Those other religious books hold no water because they have prove nothing like what the bible has proved
    1. Okay, I'll give you that one, doesn't make any difference to me though. I'm not saying this out of frustration for not knowing that, but it really is irrelevant.

2. Santana, have you read the Bible throughout?

3. I know, I agree, it's ridiculous. But if you're going to use man-made books as evidence, why not TV shows? I'm talking about your evidence standards, not mine.

4. Fair enough, was caught off guard by you referring to god as a "he".

5. Faith is to believe without evidence. It always astounds me how people can take pride in something like that. I'm glad that I wait for the proper evidence, why don't you? Also, the Bible may have made many claims, but it doesn't actually prove anything. What would you say that it proves?