Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

what makes you panic?

Comments

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGGAjMg9vw
    THAT IS MY MOST FAVORITE BOOK EVER. I have never gotten so much joy from a book before.

That and Letters From the Earth.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2011
    Guys you know the old and new testament god are very different correct?
    Jesus actually says in the New Testament that not a single rule will be changed from the Old. According to Jesus god is the same unrelenting dictator. Read your Bible Santana!!

Also if your god is always perfect then why would you claim that he is essentially going back on his word? Perfect beings don't do that.
    Then what does that tell us?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    Rex, what's that for? I am enjoying this conversation and am learning more about some of our fellow forumers. :3
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    So are you saying there's two gods or that he has multipersonalities?
    For someone that disproved a religion, you really don't know anything about it. The coming of Jesus changed everything
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

Guess my mom is crazy =/

She's seen what she described as death years ago after someone she loved died
    I don't doubt that she saw something or experienced other senses and saw what she saw was death. But how was she raised? Was she already believing in spirits and whatnot before this happened?

I'm not trying to be an ass, I just think it's better to not believe in things like this. :) In my experiences it made me miserable and scared. Now that I don't believe anymore (thanks to Arlo, mainly) I haven't seen or heard or anything like that since.

I still have a fear of the dark though. :-))
    No, wasn't brought up that way. And I guess my uncle got the bed he OD'd on and had to get rid of it after he couldn't take getting woken up by a figure of a guy standing at the foot of the bed staring at him.

And in my experiences, it has never drove me crazy or has mad me scared or paranoid. I don't like being in the dark without light because I don't want to walk into a wall or trip lol. It's peaked my interest and makes me think that "afterlife" is just being in a different dimention on earth. I know when I die I want to stay here and fuck with people
    imageimage
    Jesus actually says in the New Testament that not a single rule will be changed from the Old. According to Jesus god is the same unrelenting dictator. Read your Bible Santana!!

Also if your god is always perfect then why would you claim that he is essentially going back on his word? Perfect beings don't do that.
    Rules and actions are different. AND god has no rules. He's god lol.

As I'm sure you've heard, god moves in mysterious ways. He is god and no matter how much humans try to understand, they never will be able to. It is sad and pathetic to try to make logic out of god because it's impossible to do

No, wasn't brought up that way. And I guess my uncle got the bed he OD'd on and had to get rid of it after he couldn't take getting woken up by a figure of a guy standing at the foot of the bed staring at him.

And in my experiences, it has never drove me crazy or has mad me scared or paranoid. I don't like being in the dark without light because I don't want to walk into a wall or trip lol. It's peaked my interest and makes me think that "afterlife" is just being in a different dimention on earth. I know when I die I want to stay here and fuck with people
    Oh man, who WOULDN'T want to do that? :-))

I also wish that there was a god and heaven and everything. But it's just all too good to be true, imo.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    i fucking hate religious convos thats what its for
    So are you saying there's two gods or that he has multipersonalities?
    For someone that disproved a religion, you really don't know anything about it. The coming of Jesus changed everything
    I can't read the bible, it gives me a headache and from what I read is one of the most fucked up things ever written. I answered you like that because the way you said it. You said both are very different, hinting that god is very different from the old to the new
    imageimage
    edited March 2011

As I'm sure you've heard, god moves in mysterious ways. He is god and no matter how much humans try to understand, they never will be able to. It is sad and pathetic to try to make logic out of god because it's impossible to do
    So if i don't know why someone is trying to kill me that means they love me? D:

And also...

If it's sad and pathetic to try to make logic out of god, didn't you just try to?

Oh man, who WOULDN'T want to do that? :-))

I also wish that there was a god and heaven and everything. But it's just all too good to be true, imo.
    I think heaven is what you make of it...but with how "horrible" we all are I think it's religion trolling humans lol
    imageimage

So you are willing to put your full faith into a being that nobody is supposed to even be able to comprehend? Come on, you have to know that is the biggest cop-out anyone has ever heard.
    i fucking hate religious convos thats what its for
    Why? You can learn a lot.
    THE STORY OF JESUS AS TOLD BY ME FROM WHAT I'VE READ IN THE BIBLE:

So god had to create an image of himself in the form of Jesus, who actually was god, send him/himself down to earth to be tortured in place of all the humans he created that couldn't live up to his own impossible rules, then Jesus gets to live in heaven forever and we're supposed to believe that he made the ultimate sacrifice?? God sacrificed himself to himself in order to create a loophole to make up for all the evil shit he did in the Old Testament and now the only way we can get to heaven is to forever worship him. It's not based on actions, it's based single-handedly on belief and faith or else we will be punished forever, just insane.

It's not that hard to figure out that this is all hogwash!!

So if i don't know why someone is trying to kill me that means they love me? D:

And also...

If it's sad and pathetic to try to make logic out of god, didn't you just try to?
    How is he trying to kill you?

I don't see where I'm trying to make any logic out of it
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    "AND god has no rules. He's god lol."

of course this card would be played...
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Why shouldn't it be played?
    Why shouldn't it be played?
    If he had no rules, everyone would be going to the same "place" after death. Making heaven bullshit lol
    imageimage