Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

the stupidest thing you have ever heard someone say

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In that case, yes it's not COMPLETELY Metal, but it's primarily Metal regardless and belongs in the Metal family/classification. The only thing Hardcore about MMI is the breakdowns for example. They're very Thrashy like AILD is IMO. BMTH and Emmure are kind of in the middle and more Hardcore based, but they still have Metal elements. I'd say they're kinda 50/50 as far as the Hardcore/Metal ratio, but they're still Metalcore (BMTH) and Deathcore/Hardcore (Emmure) and as such, are still Metal.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I honestly don't see where you get Hardcore out of Emmure, maybe attitude wise they are, but their music isn't in my eyes. BMTH, MMI, and Emmure are metalcore, but only certain examples of bands from that get the metal stamp from me, Between The Buried And Me, All That Remains, Lamb Of God and such get it from me.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    emmure, not hardcore at all
    edited January 2011
    "I honestly don't see where you get Hardcore out of Emmure, maybe attitude wise they are"

why do you think hardcore fans have a bad attitude. most of the coolest most chill dudes i ever met are hardcore fans or band members?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    First it "metal, straight up" then its "its not completely metal"
    CONTRADICTIONS!
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    They are what I consider shit music. I mean it's all opinions right metal = good. So those bands I listed don't fit in my opinion of metal.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    "I honestly don't see where you get Hardcore out of Emmure, maybe attitude wise they are"

why do you think hardcore fans have a bad attitude. most of the coolest most chill dudes i ever met are hardcore fans or band members?
    The attitude in the music, Hardcore, as with Hardcore Punk was always in my opinion made through attitude, the music sounds angry and that is exactly what those bands want.
    Why? I bet if ATR had the EXACT same Music as they do, but looked like this:

You'd say they weren't Metal.

And Emmure definitely has strong Hardcore elements. I'd compare Emmure to Terror WAYYYYY before I compared them to....Cannibal Corpse or whatever, whereas other bands in the Deathcore scene, like SS or WhiteChapel, I'd compare to CC WAAYYYY before I compared them to Terror. Not only that, but the band knows their shit. Frankie has a huge Hardcore knowledge and knows his shit.

And another thing, I love how bands like SS are never called Scene or un-Metal, just bad or boring. It's because they look like typical Metal beardos (Excluding Mitch.), so they'z totally cool to Metalheads.

The attitude in the music, Hardcore, as with Hardcore Punk was always in my opinion made through attitude, the music sounds angry and that is exactly what those bands want.
    ok, i hear you. alot of HC music does want to bring attitude and aggresion through their music. alot of it is also positive aggresion! i looked at emmure more like wigger wannabetough guys. i bet the dudes in emmure are assholes. i never once met a HC band that wasnt nice and appreciative of me for being a fan.
    It's not about looks Erik lol. I've explained to you why I think each and every one of those bands are shit and not one time was it based off how they look
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    erik, you got an example of emmure sounding hardcore like you did for the mychildren mybride band? when you played that one song by mcmb i knew what you were talking about, maybe if you did the same with emmure i'd hear where you were coming from.

ok, i hear you. alot of HC music does want to bring attitude and aggresion through their music. alot of it is also positive aggresion! i looked at emmure more like wigger wannabetough guys. i bet the dudes in emmure are assholes. i never once met a HC band that wasnt nice and appreciative of me for being a fan.
    I don't know how you can say that, considering, let's face it, most dudes in the Hardcore scene look like "Wiggers". I don't hate on it, it's just the Hardcore style, but it's the truth. And no, Emmure, especially Frankie, are chill as Hell. I've watched many an interview of them, and Jamie has chilled with Frankie many times and told me he's one of the nicest and most down to Earth dudes he's ever met from a band.

most of the bands i listen to in the hardcore genre look like normal dudes that just threw on some clothes to go to work.
    Ok, I think bands like All Shall Perish, Winds Of Plague, and Waking The Cadaver are on the metal side of deathcore. Those bands are pretty scene, doesn't mean I like any of them, they all sound like doggy doo, but metal nonetheless. I mean metalcore/deathcore isn't the only genre I do this with, I don't think Anal Cunt are metal, Unexpect, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Amberian Dawn, Fozzy or King's X are very metal, and none of those bands have a core bone in their bodies.
    edited January 2011
    erik, you got an example of emmure sounding hardcore like you did for the mychildren mybride band? when you played that one song by mcmb i knew what you were talking about, maybe if you did the same with emmure i'd hear where you were coming from.
    This gives me the biggest Hardcore vibe off of the Felony album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTNXudTswk0

It even has a straight up 2 Step Hardcore part.
    most of the bands i listen to in the hardcore genre look like normal dudes that just threw on some clothes to go to work.
    Earth Crisis definitely had a wigger look, but just from their lyrics I can tell that they have a positive(in my eyes, maybe not all people) aggression.
    This gives me the biggest Hardcore vibe off of the Felony album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTNXudTswk0

It even has a straight up 2 Step Hardcore part.
    Embed codes don't work, just send the link.
    What the fuck, I don't know why embedding isn't working.

Well, here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTNXudTswk0
    I love how people make it about looks.

And hardcore kids don't look like wiggers it when you start going towards deathcore or some straightedge you get the ones that dress like wiggers at times. At least in my experience at shows
    Are you shitting me? The URL embedded it? Lolwut.