Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Asham signed with NY :(
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    got brodeur back! \m/ \m/ \m/
    let's hope parise comes back too!
    ponikarovksy went to winnipeg though :-<
    eric boulton went to the islanders
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hudler signed with Calgary.

Detroit agreed to a $5.7 million, three-year contract with gritty forward Jordin Tootoo after reaching two-year deals with veteran forward Mikael Samuelsson for $6 million and backup goaltender Jonas Gustavsson for $3 million.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Zach Parise :-w
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I did not think Parise and Suter would take this long to make their decisions. Hoping for the best....I really want the Wings to get both, as unlikely as that is.... [-O<

Not much of a Tootoo fan but he does piss his opponents off which is what we need. Samuelsson could be a nice signing....we missed his scoring when he left. Gustavsson...we'll see. Apparently Joey Mac wants a trade now because we signed him.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    my gut feeling is that the longer Parise takes the more likely he's gonna come back to nj.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Nobody knows at this point. There's at least 5-6 serious suitors for him.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    thoughts on this statement - Hockey is soccer on ice.
    Wrong. The playing surface is much smaller. Theoretically, someone can score at any time. Not so with soccer because the nets are too far apart. Therefore, there is more action and less lulls than during a soccer match. Hockey is also much more physical. What's legal in hockey will get you a yellow or red card in soccer. There's also the potential for fights in hockey.

So that statement you made is a gross oversimplification.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    okay... oversimplification I give you that. But i think the parallels are there. I can't say to someone who doesnt' follow a sport "baseball is basically like football with bats" or I can't say "basketball is basically like footall except with round balls and hoops". However there are a lot of similarities between hockey and soccer isnt there? Fighting is not in the rules of hockey so I dont think it is fair to make that a distinguishing factor. Size of the playing surface i'll give you that as a difference. Arent the rules almost the same?

I am asking because honestly I dont follow either. Soccer is IMHO incredibly boring and I dont get the rules. Hockey is more exciting but still hard to follow.
    The object of the game is the same.....to score more goals than the opponent. However, there are differences in offsides and penalties and such. For example, a penalty in hockey usually forces the offending team to have one less player on the ice for two minutes. In soccer, an offending player gets a card and there's a free kick or a penalty kick.

I guess the parallels are there, but hockey is not nearly as boring or as complicated rules-wise as soccer in some aspects. Offsides is clear-cut in hockey because there are lines. Soccer doesn't have that. There's no stoppage time or anything like that in hockey either....
    Flyers made Parise and Suter the best offers money wise, if they want to play together they will prolly go here, pitt, or wild... Christ almighty I hope they dont go to pitt.
    Flyers made Parise and Suter the best offers money wise, if they want to play together they will prolly go here, pitt, or wild... Christ almighty I hope they dont go to pitt.
    You don't know what other teams offered either Parise or Suter, so the first part of your statement isn't true. You also don't know what is factoring into their decisions, so saying any teams have advantages over the others in this is just not true either. If it were about the money, decisions would have already been made. But I agree that seeing either go to Pittsburgh would make me sick.
    Flyers offered both of them 10-12 year contracts at $100 million. multiple sources confirmed it. They definately have the advantage money wise, they have the most cap room.
    Minnesota, Pittsburgh, and Detroit have just as much or more cap space, so who's to say they didn't make similar offers? If it were about money, they would have just taken the highest offer by now. Clearly it's about more than that.
    I'm just telling you multiple sources including people outside of Philly made the highest bid, that's all.
    Until it's signed on the dotted line, all of it is speculation to me.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i did read from multiply sources that the flyers offered them both 80 mil for 12 years which was the highest offer made to them but we have no real way of know if this is true
    i did read from multiply sources that the flyers offered them both 80 mil for 12 years which was the highest offer made to them but we have no real way of know if this is true
    And there's reports that the Wings have offered Suter more than that. Like I said, until it's signed, all we can do is wait and hope.