Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Flyers Made an Offer to Shane Doan, Too
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Nashville does have the funds to pay Weber because they made huge offers to both Suter and Parise. i'm not sure Weber wants to play in nashville for the rest of his career but he doesnt have an option if they decide to match. yes i did hear that they were possibly going to trade him but the return on a trade is way more significant then offer sheet compensation. i was hearing they were looking to get 2 top 6 forwards, a first pairing defensemen as well as a few prospects and picks for Weber.
    I just dont think Nashville can afford 26 mil in one season.
    they'll find a way. back in like 97 the Rangers offersheeted my boy Sakic with an offer that they didnt think the Avs owner at the time could match because of a 15 million signing bonus. the owner ended up having to sell some of his shares in other business just to keep Sakic
    we're talking about nashville doe, not the avs.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I have my doubts that they will match. And if they don't, good riddance.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    They're fucked either way.
    NHL writer among dead in Colorado theater shooting

The tragic movie-theater shooting early Friday in Aurora, Colo., hit close to home for many in the hockey business.

Among the 12 killed was Jessica Ghawi, 25, who wrote under the name Jessica Redfield and was part of the Denver-area hockey community.

Among other outlets, she wrote for the website Busted Coverage and was an intern at Denver radio station 104.3 FM and for the You Can Play Project.

"The thing that stood out to me most about Jessica was how sharp-witted she was, and funny at that," Sporting News NHL writer Jesse Spector told People Magazine's website. "It's what made following her on Twitter so much fun. She was amazingly enthusiastic about hockey, journalism and life in general."

Condolences poured out from around the hockey world as news spread Friday of her death:

Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche): Our thoughts and deepest condolences go out to the victims and everyone affected by this horrible tragedy.

Matt Duchene, Colorado Avalanche (@Matt9Duchene): Thoughts and prayers going to @JessicaRedfield's family. Only spoke with her a few times but she was a sweet girl. Thinking about you guys

Adrian Dater, Avalanche writer, Denver Post (@adater): I'm in utter shock and disbelief about my friend Jessica Redfield's death. I was giving her advice yesterday about internships. … I feel sick. Two weeks ago, I hung out a couple hours with Jessica at 1Up. She had so many hopes and dreams in journalism A very good person … Jessica loved hockey and wanted to be a sports journalist. She definitely would have made it. She was super smart and funny. It's a tragedy

Patrick Burke, president, You Can Play Project (@BurkieYCP): All of my thoughts are with the Redfield family today. Jessica was a joy to work with. Such a terrible, tragic loss.

You Can Play Project (@YouCanPlayTeam): Our staff is despondent today over the loss of our intern Jessica Redfield. We will miss her intelligence, kindness, and work ethic greatly.

Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado Avalanche (@GabeLandeskog92): Can't believe what I'm hearing. My thoughts are with the people affected and their families. Stay strong Colorado.

Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks): The #Canucks family lost one of our own today. Our thoughts go out to the family of @JessicaRedfield.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Edmonton Oilers (@RNH_93): Truly awful to hear about the shooting in Colorado. Thoughts and prayers go out to those involved in this tragedy.

Ryan Jones, Edmonton Oilers (@ryjones28): Just reading about the Colo shooting. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the event.

Josh Yohe, Penguins writer, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (@JoshYohe_Trib): RIP Jessica Redfield, who was killed in Colorado theater shooting. Had dinner with her before Pens/Avs in March. Nicest girl in the world.

The Hockey News (@TheHockeyNews): The Hockey News extends our deepest condolences to family/friends of journalist Jessica Redfield and all victims of the tragedy in Colorado.

Mark Spector, Sportsnet NHL analyst (@SportsnetSpec): Very sad to have lost up and coming hockey broadcaster @JessicaRedfield in Denver last night. A well-respected young pro. #RIPJessica

Joe Haggerty, Bruins writer, CSNNewEngland.com (@HackswithHaggs): I definitely recall going back & forth a few times w/@JessicaRedfield on twitter in past. Such a bright future in hockey brutally taken away

Kevin Snow, writer, Sabres.com (@kwsnow): The more I read about Jessica Redfield, I'm reminded of why I got into this industry: a passion for sports. Never forget this.

Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres): Our thoughts and prayers are with the Aurora, Colorado victims, their families and their friends today.

Logan Couture, San Jose Sharks (@Logancouture): More and more I read/hear about the shootings in Colorado it's sickening. Leaves a weird feeling. Don't take a second for granted.

Ryan O'Reilly, Colorado Avalanche (@Ryan_OReilly90): So sad to hear about the shooting in aurora Colorado thoughts go out to all family's affected by this terrible incedent
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    i can't take this pops shit [-(
    get used to it sonnn.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    bitchezmadebitch
    respect your elders [-(
    COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Months after asking the Columbus Blue Jackets to trade him, star forward Rick Nash had his wish granted and is headed to the New York Rangers.

Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson announced Monday the club had dealt the big right wing, the team's captain and career leader in most offensive categories, along with a conditional 2013 third-round draft pick. The Blue Jackets also gave up minor league defenseman Steve Delisle, a source told ESPNNewYork.com's Katie Strang. In return, the Rangers sent centers Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov, defenseman Tim Erixon and a first-round pick next year.
    how the fuck can the Rangers afford Lunquist, Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Callahan and those stud young defensmen? theyre gonna have fill in bums the rest of their roster.
    The only player worth a shit that Columbus had is gone. \:D/
    The Wings made an offer for him. Columbus gave us the finger lol.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    HOODS said:

how the fuck can the Rangers afford Lunquist, Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Callahan and those stud young defensmen? theyre gonna have fill in bums the rest of their roster.

cause it's NYC. they buy their championships. just look at the yankees lol. they pay boat loads of money for all the great players that have already made a name for themselves when they were on other teams
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie

The only player worth a shit that Columbus had is gone. \:D/

I would probably rather have the players the Rags sent to columbus then Nash. Nash is a good hockey play but way overpaid and still has like 5 years left
    Preds match Phillys offer for Weber. looks like hes a Pred for life now