Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Also, there's a report that Nashville is going to deal Ryan Suter's rights at the NHL draft. July 1 needs to get here.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    But what the difference between this year and last year? And 35mins till they mention the NHL and they talk about it for 3 mins.

And Steven a smith is such a jackass I heard him less then a week ago say the celtics were gonna win cause they had way more heart and Lebron can't play in big games cause hees soft and blah blah... Dude has no credit and don't know what hees talking about yet but hees on the show all day yappin his fat mouth, annoying. I like skip doe, he cracks me up.
    You'll have to wait a couple more years because Abdelkader isn't going anywhere. Hudler is going to get paid a lot more than what he's worth in free agency so I wouldn't expect him back unless the Wings strike out on pretty much every top six forward they want to sign.
    That's why I don't like him.....but he was a good third line center for us last year. When they were healthy, the Helm-Abdelkader-Miller line was the best third line in hockey. Stupid skate blade.....
    There was no nerve damage from the cut so he'll heal fully and he said he'll be ready to go by training camp.
    NEWARK, N.J. -- Devils captain and impending unrestricted free agent Zach Parise offered two definitive pieces of information about his future when he spoke to the media at breakup day Wednesday:

1. He is very interested in re-signing with the Devils.

2. He has no interest in signing with the Rangers.

Parise, who would be the most coveted forward on the free-agent market if he isn't signed prior to July 1, was clear on both points during his 20-minute chat with reporters at Prudential Center.

He was asked twice about the potential for ever playing for the Rangers, the Devils' No. 1 rival and the team they beat in the Eastern Conference Finals, and both times emphatically responded "No," and added, "Don't try to get a headline out of it."

More importantly for the Devils, Parise, who was drafted by New Jersey in 2003, said he wants to return and there definitely is a chance that he could sign a new contract prior to July 1, when he can become an unrestricted free agent.

In fact, Parise was asked flat out if he could see himself in another uniform, and he said no.

"I like the people here. I like the staff and my teammates. I like the area," Parise said. "There's a lot of good things about this place.

"I have always liked playing here, that's never changed. We'll see where this takes us right now, but this is a great place to play and I love playing here, I love being here."

Of course, what Parise said Wednesday and what happens by July 1 or after can be different completely. He made a point to mention how the Devils were less than 48 hours removed from a 6-1 season-ending defeat in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final, so he hasn't had much time to think about his future in the great detail that it requires.

"And that's the truth. I'm not just giving you lip service," said Parise, who had 31 goals and 38 assists in the regular season, plus eight playoff goals, tied for the League lead. "I know what is ahead, the decision making. I guess we'll have to get the conversations going pretty soon."

There were indications throughout his session with the media that Parise not only wants to return, but expects to be back.

For instance, when asked about the hunger he has now after getting within two wins of the Stanley Cup, Parise said, "I think all of us are going to come prepared next year and be ready. It [stinks], so we'll try not to have that happen again."

When asked about his leadership style in his first year as a captain, Parise said he learned a lot going through the experience with all of the media attention in the conference finals and Stanley Cup Final, and added, "I think that alone will help me for next season."

Parise also noted how having stability behind the bench with coach Peter DeBoer is important because, "We know who is going to be here next year."

Whether Parise is might come down to the advice of his agent, Wade Arnott.

While saying the decision on his future is one he will have to make alone, Parise did note that he will trust Arnott as he goes into this process because, "That's why you have agents. You respect their advice. They have done this before, so I guess this is one point where you have to listen to them and take their advice. It's my first time doing it, so I'll see what they say."

To nobody's surprise, the Devils want Parise back.

"That's the guy that I think it's obvious that we need to sign him because he's our leader," Ilya Kovalchuk said. "We've got to sign him."

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said Parise is "a priority," but he would not talk about any contract negotiations. He also noted that the Devils' financial issues should have no effect on roster decisions.

Parise said he was not aware of any contract negotiations that went on during the season, and Lamoriello typically leaves them to after the season anyway. Martin Brodeur is the only player since the work stoppage that has signed an extension with the Devils in the middle of the season.

"I hope the Devils will be able to keep him because I think he is the face of the Devils," said Brodeur, himself a potential unrestricted free agent. "He's a kid that people, they see him and they see a Devil. They see the type of work ethic he has and that says a lot to other guys. I said it after the game the other day, first year as a captain, not too shabby to bring a team like us to the Stanley Cup Final.

"It's a big priority for the Devils to get him signed."

It seems like a priority for Parise to re-sign, but indicating he's interested in returning and expressly disinterested in playing for the Rangers doesn't guarantee that he will.

"Fortunately the season went long enough where I could put [my future] away and not worry about it, but now I guess you have to face the music sooner or later," Parise said. "You know what? I'm excited about it because it's something as a player that you don't get to do very often. But with that being said, hopefully we can get things worked out here."
    Per DetroitRedWings.com’s Bill Roose, here’s the Red Wings’ 2012 preseason schedule, with the home games in bold:

Septempber 26 Wed Pittsburgh Penguins Consol Energy Center 7 p.m.
    September 28 Fri Chicago Blackhawks United Center 8:30 p.m.
    September 29 Sat Chicago Blackhawks Joe Louis Arena 7 p.m.
    September 30 Sun Washington Capitals Joe Louis Arena 5 p.m.
    October 3 Wed Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena 7:30 p.m.
    October 5 Fri Toronto Maple Leafs Joe Louis Arena 7:30 p.m.
    October 6 Sat Toronto Maple Leafs Air Canada Centre 7 p.m.
    October 7 Sun Washington Capitals Verizon Center 5 p.m.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NEWARK, N.J. -- Devils captain and impending unrestricted free agent Zach Parise offered two definitive pieces of information about his future when he spoke to the media at breakup day Wednesday:

1. He is very interested in re-signing with the Devils.

2. He has no interest in signing with the Rangers.

Parise, who would be the most coveted forward on the free-agent market if he isn't signed prior to July 1, was clear on both points during his 20-minute chat with reporters at Prudential Center.

He was asked twice about the potential for ever playing for the Rangers, the Devils' No. 1 rival and the team they beat in the Eastern Conference Finals, and both times emphatically responded "No," and added, "Don't try to get a headline out of it."

More importantly for the Devils, Parise, who was drafted by New Jersey in 2003, said he wants to return and there definitely is a chance that he could sign a new contract prior to July 1, when he can become an unrestricted free agent.

In fact, Parise was asked flat out if he could see himself in another uniform, and he said no.

"I like the people here. I like the staff and my teammates. I like the area," Parise said. "There's a lot of good things about this place.

"I have always liked playing here, that's never changed. We'll see where this takes us right now, but this is a great place to play and I love playing here, I love being here."

Of course, what Parise said Wednesday and what happens by July 1 or after can be different completely. He made a point to mention how the Devils were less than 48 hours removed from a 6-1 season-ending defeat in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final, so he hasn't had much time to think about his future in the great detail that it requires.

"And that's the truth. I'm not just giving you lip service," said Parise, who had 31 goals and 38 assists in the regular season, plus eight playoff goals, tied for the League lead. "I know what is ahead, the decision making. I guess we'll have to get the conversations going pretty soon."

There were indications throughout his session with the media that Parise not only wants to return, but expects to be back.

For instance, when asked about the hunger he has now after getting within two wins of the Stanley Cup, Parise said, "I think all of us are going to come prepared next year and be ready. It [stinks], so we'll try not to have that happen again."

When asked about his leadership style in his first year as a captain, Parise said he learned a lot going through the experience with all of the media attention in the conference finals and Stanley Cup Final, and added, "I think that alone will help me for next season."

Parise also noted how having stability behind the bench with coach Peter DeBoer is important because, "We know who is going to be here next year."

Whether Parise is might come down to the advice of his agent, Wade Arnott.

While saying the decision on his future is one he will have to make alone, Parise did note that he will trust Arnott as he goes into this process because, "That's why you have agents. You respect their advice. They have done this before, so I guess this is one point where you have to listen to them and take their advice. It's my first time doing it, so I'll see what they say."

To nobody's surprise, the Devils want Parise back.

"That's the guy that I think it's obvious that we need to sign him because he's our leader," Ilya Kovalchuk said. "We've got to sign him."

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said Parise is "a priority," but he would not talk about any contract negotiations. He also noted that the Devils' financial issues should have no effect on roster decisions.

Parise said he was not aware of any contract negotiations that went on during the season, and Lamoriello typically leaves them to after the season anyway. Martin Brodeur is the only player since the work stoppage that has signed an extension with the Devils in the middle of the season.

"I hope the Devils will be able to keep him because I think he is the face of the Devils," said Brodeur, himself a potential unrestricted free agent. "He's a kid that people, they see him and they see a Devil. They see the type of work ethic he has and that says a lot to other guys. I said it after the game the other day, first year as a captain, not too shabby to bring a team like us to the Stanley Cup Final.

"It's a big priority for the Devils to get him signed."

It seems like a priority for Parise to re-sign, but indicating he's interested in returning and expressly disinterested in playing for the Rangers doesn't guarantee that he will.

"Fortunately the season went long enough where I could put [my future] away and not worry about it, but now I guess you have to face the music sooner or later," Parise said. "You know what? I'm excited about it because it's something as a player that you don't get to do very often. But with that being said, hopefully we can get things worked out here."
    #:-S that makes me feel a little bit better
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    It really doesn't mean much until he signs on the dotted line. I mean, what else was he going to say? He also admits he hasn't given it much thought. So, it's a good sign for New Jersey, but we'll see how things actually play out.
    Preseason games [-(
    edited June 2012
    I doubt they won't at least play us at the Joe this year. I just checked our past schedules and we've gotten them at home every season before last year.

EDIT: Since the Cup year anyway.
    edited June 2012
    [-X

Plus I want to go to the game where they retire Lidstrom's jersey.
    edited June 2012
    If he doesn't re-sign in the Music City, how good would Nashville Predators defenseman Ryan Suter look with the Philadelphia Flyers, solidifying their blue line after the probable loss of Chris Pronger? Or the Washington Capitals, giving them the complete No. 1 D-man they've craved?

Put those thoughts out of your mind, writes Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly:

"According to a well-placed source, Suter has a potential list of clubs he would be willing to talk to even if his rights were traded before July 1. Suter is represented by Neil Sheehy.

Alas, the Flyers are not one of them.

In fact, the source said, all of Suter's preferred destinations, should he leave the Predators, are in the Western Conference — not the East. Detroit is generally conceded to be his top choice."

The Detroit Red Wings, of course, have a bit of a hole to fill on their blue line.

From Josh Cooper and the Tennessean, the latest from the Nashville perspective on Suter:

"The Predators could trade Suter's negotiating rights to another team. But then you risk completely losing him before July 1. There seems to be some hope and feeling that in free agency, Suter will circle back to the Predators to listen to them after hearing what's out there. Suter is a small-town type of guy and privacy is important to him. The Nashville market suites him the best out of all the teams that are rumored to add him — Detroit, Minnesota and Philadelphia. But there could be another non-rumored team that would like to throw money at Suter, one that maybe fits his personality and desires better than the aforementioned teams. He simply won't know unless he checks it out."

It's sounding more and more like he might.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Tim Panaccio <_>
    edited June 2012
    And.......boom.

Predators general manager David Poile said Friday that he believes defenseman Ryan Suter will test unrestricted free agency on July 1.

If the Predators and the 27-year-old all-star don’t come to terms by that date, Suter can sign with another team without compensation for Nashville.

“Unless something changes in the near future, he’s going to take a peek at July 1,” Poile said. “We’re going to be in consistent contact with him, and I’m certainly hoping, as he said to me a week ago, that he’s not going to make a sudden decision … and we’re going to have some conversations after he has talked to these different teams.”

Poile also said that he does not want to trade Suter’s negotiating rights leading up to July 1.

“We’ve never entertained any offers for him,” Poile said. “He has never said he doesn’t want to play for us. He just said he wants to take a look.”
    edited June 2012
    While Howard is a free agent after this coming season, I don't see any way the Wings don't keep him unless he keeps getting injured. Conklin is gone, Joey Mac will still be the backup but they'll be looking for another goalie in case his back acts up again. Goalie is one of the few positions that are stable for us right now....
    Yeah, that's a load of bullshit. There's no reason to trade Howard right now. Miller isn't a significant upgrade, he's older and he makes about three times as much money as Howard, so it really doesn't matter if he wants to come here or not, there's not a spot available for him. I imagine if Howard continues performing at the pace he's at right now, the Wings will sign him to an extension before next season ends.
    Brad Stuart signed a 3-year contract with the Sharks. So there's that.

The draft is this weekend.....this is where a lot of trades and stuff could potentially happen.
    While the NHL could be on its way to solving an ownership problem in Phoenix, things in New Jersey could reportedly get even stickier.

According to Josh Kosman of the New York Post, the league is prepared to take control of the New Jersey Devils from owner Jeff Vanderbeek if he cannot refinance the $77 million in debt the team is in by an August 14 deadline. According to Kosman, the league is ready to act swiftly but the Devils owner also has other options.

The commissioner is expected to give Vanderbeek a few more weeks to complete a financial restructuring but will not wait until the Aug. 14 deadline passes, sources said.

The NHL would likely force him out sooner to give suitors enough time to study the team’s financials and make an offer to lenders before the bankruptcy deadline, according to sources.

Moreover, new investors may not want to buy the team and leave Vanderbeek in charge, sources added.

Faced with losing control of the team, Vanderbeek could also decide to put the Devils into bankruptcy and buy himself several months to arrange a restructuring plan.

A league takeover would be an extreme measure, and this news comes at a horrible time for the Devils. New Jersey is fresh off an invigorating run to the Stanley Cup finals, one that reportedly made them over $26 million in ticket revenue, and faces the prospect of trying to re-sign Zach Parise this summer. Safe to say if problems are this bad for the Devils money-wise, Parise is as good as gone.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :(( :(( :(( :((
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie