Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Alex said:

And more

Germany's The Ocean has announced plans to put the world to sleep on April 30th via Metal Blade Records. The slumber will feature 52 minutes of rapid eye movements and will be mixed by Jens Bogren (who also put people to sleep with Opeth) in January.

Interestingly, the effort will exist as two versions: instrumental and with vocals. The Ocean's Robin Staps explains: "The album was originally written to be instrumental, but in the end me and Loic couldn't help but try out a few things vocalwise and we soon got pretty excited... so there will be vocals on the album; however, we want everyone to have both dreams and nightmares, and we are also planning to perform the album live that way - with and without vocals."

On a related note, the band's previously announced 3xDVD "Collective Oblivion" has been postponed, but will see the light of day in late-2013 when listeners wake up.

nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    The Ocean is pretty cool, you can gtfo =;
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    brian just mad cuz they dont wirte ironically funny lyrics as to not take themselves to seriously
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    GHOST Premiering New Song Online - Dec. 14, 2012
    Mysterious Swedish buzz band GHOST is promising a "special offering" to those who sign up online with their e-mail addresses this Saturday beginning at 10 p.m. local time CET. By placing your cursor over candles that appear on the SecularHaze.com web site, you can hear one isolated instrumental track of what appears to be a new GHOST song. Every few hours, a new candle will appear, thus giving the listener a chance to hear another instrument as part of the mix. It is expected that the complete song will make its online debut tomorrow night.

GHOST is putting the finishing touches its next studio album, due out in 2013 on Loma Vista Recordings, the new record label founded by Tom Whalley in partnership with Republic Records, a division of Universal Music Group. GHOST cult leader Papa Emeritus (rumored to be REPUGNANT/SUBVISION's Tobias Forge and his Nameless Ghouls have summoned Nashville-based Grammy Award-winning Nick Raskulinecz (DEATH ANGEL, DEFTONES, FOO FIGHTERS, RUSH) to produce this offering.

GHOST will play a special a concert this Saturday, December 15 in their hometown of Linköping at Cupolen.

The band's debut album, "Opus Eponymous", was released in late 2010 in Europe and in early 2011 in North America via Rise Above Records.

In an early 2012 interview with Full Metal Jackie's nationally syndicated radio show, one of the "Nameless Ghouls" from GHOST was asked why he thinks his band has garnered support from such high-profile musicians as James Hetfield (METALLICA) and Phil Anselmo (DOWN, PANTERA). "We like to think [it's because of] our playfulness in terms of not — I almost said think[ing] too much — obviously, we think, but we feel a lot and we try not to limit ourselves to genre," he said. "Even though we're a hard-rocking band, we try to mix everything from death metal elements to new-wave choruses. And I think that sort of resonates to… I wouldn't say only an older generation [because] we have a lot of new, younger fans, but I think that anybody who is older than 35 might have a stroke of nostalgia or whatever."

On the topic of whether he can foresee a day when the members of GHOST won't be anonymous anymore, he said, "I think there is a difference between being anonymous and unmasked. Where SLIPKNOT actually wear masks still, while KISS during their unmasked days didn't. Obviously, it's a thing of the times. What we're trying to do, it's very hard to maintain. If the actual goal was to not be known, we try to maintain that, but in the long run we can't really expect that to be something everlasting. Most of our fans are actually quite keen on not knowing, which works to our favor, but I think there is a difference between people knowing who is behind the mask or being unmasked. We can't really see ourselves going up on stage and afterwards just dropping the masks saying, 'Oh, it's me, it's me, actually. Can you see?' No, no, no… We don't want that. We don't want to spoil it. That's the whole reason why we are anonymous and we try not to show ourselves. We try to eliminate, not the human aspects, but the humane aspects, if you want. We want to put Papa Emeritus in the limelight. He's supposed to be the living character, even though rigor mortis has basically set in in his poor old body. But that's the face of the band. He's the person, everybody else are just puppets."

Regarding GHOST's future plans, he said, "These 18 months since we released the album has been a lot of touring. We play a lot of concerts and our goal has always been to put on a show that was way more theatrical than we have had the opportunity to, sort of, perform or display in this type of touring. Even though this is a tour where we're actually allowed to flex our muscles a little bit, you can't expect to have a production. We have our windows, we have a few things, but I'd say that our short-term goal, for now, when we have a new album out, will be to start bringing forth a way more theatrical show that will be a lot more intriguing with a few magic tricks."
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well it appears everything but the vocals have been uploaded now and the countdown is down to 49 hours, presumably to an announcement of the new album.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Acclaimed Norwegian rockers KVELERTAK have set "Meir" as the title of their sophomore album, tentatively due in March 2013 via an as-yet-undisclosed record label. The CD was recorded late summer/early fall at Godcity studios in Salem, Massachusetts with producer Kurt Ballou (CONVERGE).

"Meir" track listing:

01. Åpenbaring
    02. Spring Fra Livet
    03. Trepan
    04. Bruane Brenn
    05. Evig Vandrar
    06. Snilepisk
    07. Månelyst
    08. Nekrokosmos
    09. Undertro
    10. Tordenbrak
    11. Kvelertak
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck Yes that was awesome \m/
    After posting the new song "Secular Haze" online, Ghost has now revealed the band's second full length album will be entitled “Infestissumam” and is due out in the spring of 2013.

This album will follow the debut "Opus Eponymous" and the track listing is:

1. Infestissumam
    2. Per Aspera ad Inferi
    3. Secular Haze
    4. Jigolo har Megiddo
    5. Ghuleh / Zombie Queen
    6. Year Zero
    7. Idolatrine
    8. Body and Blood
    9. Depth of Satan’s Eyes
    10. Monstrance Clock
    Swedish death metallers HYPOCRISY are putting the finishing touches on their new album, "End Of Disclosure", for a late March release via Nuclear Blast Records.

Commented HYPOCRISY leader Peter Tägtgren: "We're still in the studio working hard to finalize the album. Horgh just layed down the drums, and let me tell you, it sounds awesome!!! Thundering and brutal!

"We can't wait to put out the new tracks and play them live! Hope to meet you all soon on road and wish you guys a great X-mas and happy new year!"

HYPOCRISY guitarist Mikael Hedlund told Metal Shock Finland late last year about the material for the band's next CD, "It's too early to say what it's going to sounds like, but all I can say is that it's not gonna be any change of style. It will be a classic HYPOCRISY album without [any] compromises.'
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i need to give hypocrisy another try, they just seem boring to me but i havent given them a real chance ever and ghost kinda blows
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Old news, but aoty 2013 right here.

Forgot about Manifest Decimation. That'll be a top album for sure
    edited December 2012
    New song of Brainwreck's (Buffalo) upcoming 7" Evil Ways

Really digging these guys. Ed Repka (Toxic Holocaust, Megadeth) did the album artwork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nL7QKlLriUI
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I cannot stand majority of new thrash......ugh
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Why are all thrash logos basically the same?
    image Photobucket
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    edited December 2012
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

exactly what i was thinking
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy

The same guy draws them all
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    edited December 2012
    any Deceased fans???

HELLS HEADBANGERS officially confirms that underground legends DECEASED will release their next (7th!) full-length album through the label. Set for release later on in 2013 through HELLS HEADBANGERS on both CD and LP formats, the next DECEASED album will be titled Ghostly White and shall feature the following tracklisting:

Tracklisting for DECEASED's Ghostly White
    1) The Shivers
    2) In A Quiet Town
    3) Mr's Allardyce
    4) The Germ Of Distorted Lore
    5) To Serve The Insane
    6) Poor Jessica's Drifted Away
    7) A Palpitation's Warning
    Founding frontman King Fowley had the following to say about DECEASED's forthcoming Ghostly White: "This record will be a very produced musical journey that will capture the complete morbid side of DECEASED. If we do what we are setting out to do, it will ooze of dark melody without forgetting the rough aggressive edges and catchiness in the songwriting that we've kept in our sound since day one. There will be a complete haunting aura throughout the record! A few songs will be lengthy tracks, including a 15-minute ride. Fitting interludes will lock in the actual tracks, and little jolts of madness will also rear their ugly heads from time to time. This is a musical adventure we've been waiting to take, and now's the time. Get out your woolen overcoats, the funeral is about to begin...."

DECEASED were formed in Arlington, Virginia in 1985 and have stood the test of time as one of the most unique and enduring underground metal bands around, with a sound that honors both classic death metal and traditional heavy metal alike. The first band to sign with Relapse Records, DECEASED released a stream of classic albums during the '90s for the label, culminating in 2000's Supernatural Addiction. During the Noughties, the band would release a prolific string of splits and compilations as well as two more celebrated albums, with their last one - 2011's Surreal Overdose - being entirely self-released on CD. Although Ghostly White will mark the first brand-new DECEASED studio effort to see release through HELLS HEADBANGERS, the band's relationship with the label stretches back to the past decade, as HELLS HEADBANGERS has licensed many DECEASED releases on vinyl, including the aforementioned Surreal Overdose on LP.

source
    http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/deceased.asp