Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    HOLY SHIT!!!! Court In The Act is one of the best nwobhm albums, so I'm hoping this isn't gonna be a disappointment like the new Angel Witch (inb4 new machine head album news or other shitty music):

Reunited Original Lineup Of SATAN Signs With LISTENABLE; New Album Details Revealed

Legendary NWOBHM (New Wave Of British Heavy Metal) band SATAN has inked a deal with the French label Listenable Records. The group is currently putting the finishing touches to an album entirely of new material written over the last 18 months. This is the culmination of a process that began when the original "Court In The Act" lineup got together for an exclusive "one-off" reunion show at Germany's Keep It True festival last year in what marked their first performance together in 28 years. The band was somewhat overwhelmed with the response — 10 minutes into headliners CRIMSON GLORY's set, the crowd could still be heard chanting, "Satan! Satan!" The SATAN bandmembers immediately booked more shows in Germany, Holland, Belgium and London, and have since kept in close contact with each other, writing songs and making demos.

The new album, to be titled "Life Sentence", is scheduled for release March/April 2013.

The full track listing is as follows:

01. Time To Die
    02. Twenty Twenty Five
    03. Cenotaph
    04. Siege Mentality
    05. Incantations
    06. Testimony
    07. Tears Of Blood
    08. Life Sentence
    09. Personal Demons
    10. Another Universe

Fittingly, this will mark the 30th anniversary of the "Court In The Act" release.

The recording lineup for "Life Sentence" will be the same as that on "Court In The Act":

Brian Ross (vocals)
    Steve Ramsey (guitar)
    Russ Tippins (guitar)
    Graeme English (bass)
    Sean Taylor (drums)

SATAN is one of the most important groups that emerged in the early NWOBHM era. Their unique mixture of heavy and power metal spirit with thrash riffage brought a handful of unforgettable tunes and revolutionized heavy music as we know it.

"Court in the Act" was SATAN's debut release and was considered a true milestone at the time of its release (1983). The songs were melodic, but at the same time very aggressive. The band's two guitarists, Russ Tippins and Steve Ramsey, delivered a truly amazing performance; although their styles were completely different, they managed to perfectly complement each other's playing and introduced a handful of timeless riffs and solos.

A digipack reissue of "Court In The Act" was made available in November 2008 featuring three bonus tracks.

Fan-filmed video footage of SATAN's performance at the Keep It True XIV festival, which was held April 29-30, 2011 at Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany, can be seen below.

For more information, visit www.satanmusic.com.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I listened to that song the minute they posted it last night. I really like it. It gets better as it progresses imo.
    I love winning with women

lol
    February 19th. The day nobody will care on this board except for me.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Alex said:

February 19th. The day nobody will care on this board except for me.

I'll give it a listen.
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Progressive rock/metal band CYNIC will enter Perfect Sound studios in Hollywood, California later today (Tuesday, December 11) to begin recording its new album for an early 2013 release via Season Of Mist.

In a February 2012 interview with Ireland's Molten magazine, CYNIC guitarist/vocalist Paul Masvidal stated about the musical direction of the band's new material, "It's almost like, I don't know how to explain it, but if I had to put it in a box it's more sci-fi, futuristic and alien but at the same time very song-driven. It's kind of like, to me, coming into CYNIC's body more. It feels very modern and at the same time it just feels really cool. I'm big in the space. It's definitely new. It's not like anything we've done before. It's a new color, a new space. I think people will really take note of even the guitar stuff. I'm really shifting gears, I'm trying things in a different way and the way stuff is played. It's a new space for CYNIC, for sure. It definitely sounds like us, except completely new."
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Cum
    The good news just keeps comin

San Francisco, CA band Deafheaven will enter the studio on January 21st to begin recording their second full-length, titled Sunbather. Tracking will take place at The Atomic Garden Recording Studio in San Francisco with producer Jack Shirley (Graf Orlock, Loma Prieta) once again at the helm.

Deafheaven vocalist George Clarke comments: "For this record, we had a couple options with who to record with, but after a lot of thought, agreed that to capture our best performance at our most comfortable state, the best choice was Jack. He's always done a great job and we've grown a lot together in the last two years."

Sunbather will feature new songs written by Deafheaven's primary songwriters Kerry McCoy and George Clarke, and deluxe artwork provided by Nick Steinhardt. A spring 2013 via Deathwish Inc. is expected.
    And more

Germany's The Ocean has announced plans to release a new full-length on April 30th via Metal Blade Records. The album will feature 52 minutes of new music and will be mixed by Jens Bogren (Opeth) in January.

Interestingly, the effort will exist as two versions: instrumental and with vocals. The Ocean's Robin Staps explains: "The album was originally written to be instrumental, but in the end me and Loic couldn't help but try out a few things vocalwise and we soon got pretty excited... so there will be vocals on the album; however, we want everyone to have both versions, and we are also planning to perform the album live that way - with and without vocals."

On a related note, the band's previously announced 3xDVD "Collective Oblivion" has been postponed, but will see the light of day in late-2013.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2012
    2013 will be utmost epic in terms of metal releases.

To bad we'll be dead in 10 days. :-<
    inb4lists
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Agitator's new LP, Bleak, is now available for pre-orders. Already downloaded it, but it's pretty dope. Can't wait to see them in January!
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Everyone said this would be the year for amazing releases. Lol
    It was a great year! The past few years have been really good imo.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    well i know I for one will be listening to the lyrics version of the ocean album