Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    The only decent song I've heard (out of 3) was Down Through The Ages
    inb4lists
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited November 2012
    Sing For Liberty is the best.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    i just did a quick listen through of ATR and i think i liked 3-4 songs. dont even know their names but they werent the singles. DTTA isnt the worst but its def not good.
    Legendary Pantera / Down vocalist Phil Anselmo is set to add another record to his impressive library of musical contributions. Anselmo will be unveiling his solo material on a new split titled ‘War of the Gargantuas’ with the thrashers of Warbeast.

Anselmo and Warbeast will each contribute two songs to the split, which will contain the first official solo material from Anselmo in his near 30-year run. “This split is a glimpse into the future of both my solo project and ultimate thrash metallers Warbeast,” begins Anselmo. “The title of the split is War of the Gargantuas and it is fitting on many levels because of our combined love for the ’60s Japanese film of the same name, the power of our combined musical output(s) and our humorous affection that plays out within each of our ‘Gargantuan’ personalities.”

Anselmo continues, “Both Warbeast and myself have full length LPs that will be released shortly after this is released, but this split is unique musically. It is a time capsule; a loud pause ‘til we both release our full length products. Enjoy the destruction of music!”

Adds Warbeast guitarist Scott Shelby, “These two songs we have on ‘War of the Gargantuas’ were the next level after ‘Krush The Enemy. They’ve been a staple in our set list for the last two years. These songs are a pure demonstration of our unique Texas thrash metal style.”
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    In an new interview with RollingStone.com, Trent Reznor was asked about the likelihood of new NINE INCH NAILS music. "All signs point to yes," he said. Pressed further, he added, "Yeah, there will be new music. There are some things in the works."

Those "things" could also include live performing again. "Yeah, if it feels right, it's a possibility," he said. "I never said that that wasn't going to happen, just that it couldn't go on as it was. Having a few years doing other things, I've enjoyed [them] and I'm enjoying doing HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, and there will be a place for stuff that falls in the NINE INCH NAILS column of things. It's a different kind of work.

"Stay tuned," he added. "We'll see what happens here."
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

Legendary Pantera / Down vocalist Phil Anselmo is set to add another record to his impressive library of musical contributions. Anselmo will be unveiling his solo material on a new split titled ‘War of the Gargantuas’ with the thrashers of Warbeast.

Anselmo and Warbeast will each contribute two songs to the split, which will contain the first official solo material from Anselmo in his near 30-year run. “This split is a glimpse into the future of both my solo project and ultimate thrash metallers Warbeast,” begins Anselmo. “The title of the split is War of the Gargantuas and it is fitting on many levels because of our combined love for the ’60s Japanese film of the same name, the power of our combined musical output(s) and our humorous affection that plays out within each of our ‘Gargantuan’ personalities.”

Anselmo continues, “Both Warbeast and myself have full length LPs that will be released shortly after this is released, but this split is unique musically. It is a time capsule; a loud pause ‘til we both release our full length products. Enjoy the destruction of music!”

Adds Warbeast guitarist Scott Shelby, “These two songs we have on ‘War of the Gargantuas’ were the next level after ‘Krush The Enemy. They’ve been a staple in our set list for the last two years. These songs are a pure demonstration of our unique Texas thrash metal style.”

i hope the solo shit is louder and faster. i'm getting sick of mellow phil

In an new interview with RollingStone.com, Trent Reznor was asked about the likelihood of new NINE INCH NAILS music. "All signs point to yes," he said. Pressed further, he added, "Yeah, there will be new music. There are some things in the works."

Those "things" could also include live performing again. "Yeah, if it feels right, it's a possibility," he said. "I never said that that wasn't going to happen, just that it couldn't go on as it was. Having a few years doing other things, I've enjoyed [them] and I'm enjoying doing HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, and there will be a place for stuff that falls in the NINE INCH NAILS column of things. It's a different kind of work.

"Stay tuned," he added. "We'll see what happens here."

even though the last album was pretty limp, this is good news. how to destroy angels was pretty sweet
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    idk if there is a louder phil anymore.. i dont think he really has the pipes for anything crazy
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Finnish grindcore maniacs Rotten Sound will be unleashing a brand new six song EP entitled Species At War via Relapse Records. The album was self-recorded at Nordic Audio Labs earlier this summer and mixed/mastered by drummer Sami Latva at Latva Studios. The EP will see a release on January 22nd in North America on CD/LP/Digital. A complete tracklisting is included below.

Species At War track listing:

1. Cause
    2. The Game
    3. War
    4. The Solution
    5. Salvation
    6. Peace
    I love winning with women
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    edited November 2012

NEW ANTESTOR \m/

got a painting by Beksinski on the cover of the album too... even more \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Killswitch posted on FB about an hour ago saying they've finished recording their new album.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this

YES
    and FREEEEE Arsis EP being released Tuesday
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

Not what I was expecting, but excited to hear it.
    I love winning with women
    That looks a little odd, but i like it \m/
    inb4lists
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just saw this and it looks fucking sick \m/