Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Alex posted this, but I think it's worthy of being in here too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=639uwpbgbAs&feature=player_embedded
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I for one think the LoG album cover is pretty sweet.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    American black metal outfit Abigail Williams are in the final stages of mixing for their anticipated full-length album right now. The title of the forthcoming opus is now confirmed as Becoming, confirmed by Candlelight Records for release in North America on January 24, 2012, marking Abigail Williams' third full-length release for the label.

Becoming was recorded in various warehouses throughout Los Angeles with frontman Ken Sorceron handling the mixing, mastering, production and engineering duties for the entire album. The final track listing, album art and more will be unleashed in the weeks ahead as the record nears release.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
    I love winning with women
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Warehouses? Lol

We get it Ken, you don't play metalcore anymore
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    American black metal outfit Abigail Williams are in the final stages of mixing for their anticipated full-length album right now. The title of the forthcoming opus is now confirmed as Becoming, confirmed by Candlelight Records for release in North America on January 24, 2012, marking Abigail Williams' third full-length release for the label.

Becoming was recorded in various warehouses throughout Los Angeles with frontman Ken Sorceron handling the mixing, mastering, production and engineering duties for the entire album. The final track listing, album art and more will be unleashed in the weeks ahead as the record nears release.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
    Apparently the new Cynic leaked. I found this on /mu/, so I'm not sure if it's fully trustworthy. But here it is if you choose.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v89u9vguy9a7hrw
    There's a new Amebix album???????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD68Hb_DyII
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Eh.....not digging what I'm hearing from it. Sounds too light and overproduced
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Pretty much 0 people think the new Amebix sounds good.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Really disappointing.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Apparently the new Cynic leaked. I found this on /mu/, so I'm not sure if it's fully trustworthy. But here it is if you choose.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v89u9vguy9a7hrw
    do I buy or DL?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Bayonne, France band Gojira is currently at an undisclosed recording studio in New York City tracking a new full-length. Recording began on Thursday, November 3rd and is expected to continue through the remainder of this month. A spring 2012 release is expected, though we're not sure which record label will be handling the album's North American release.
    Aussie technical death metal band, Psycroptic, has announced that its fifth studio album, The Inherited Repression, will be out on February 10th in Europe. The upcoming nine-track full-length will mark the band's second album on Nuclear Blast Records.

Commented Psycroptic guitarist, Joe Haley, "The Inherited Repression is far and away my favorite Psycroptic record thus far - all of us in the band think this. It's the age-old cliché from bands when they talk about their new album as being the best of their career, blah, blah, but I have to say it because it's true. We wouldn't think there is a point of going on if we couldn't outdo each record prior. We are certainly not playing music for anything else than the love of creating it and performing it.

"The Inherited Repression is quite different from anything we have done in terms of song writing and structure, and we spent a lot longer writing and demoing the songs before we recorded it, which you can tell. It's a very dynamic album - the fast elements faster, the slow elements slower, and a lot of light and dark binding it together. It's a very catchy album as well - you can tap your foot, bang your head or anything else you want. Basically it has a lot of groove on it from start to finish."

The track-list for The Inherited Repression is:

1. Carriers of the Plague
    2. Forward to Submission
    3. Euphorinasia
    4. The Throne of Kings
    5. Unmasking the Traitors
    6. Become the Cult
    7. From Scribe to Ashes
    8. Deprivation
    9. The Sleepers Have Awoken

The Inherited Repression was produced, engineered and mixed by Haley, while Alan Douches will handle mastering duties.

"We had the luxury of recording in my home studio without deadlines, so we spent a long time on getting it how we wanted. We can't wait for people to hear it, and get out and play the songs live!"
    Dillinger Escape Plan guitarist Ben Weinman has issued an update regarding his side project G.T.O. (aka Giraffe Tongue Orchestra), which also includes Brent Hinds (Mastodon), Eric Avery (ex-Jane's Addiction), and Thomas Pridgen (ex-The Mars Volta).

As you may know, Mastodon and Dillinger are currently on tour together, affording Hinds and Weinman the opportunity to write new material. Weinman had the following to say:

"Brent and I have already got new material. The guy just spits out riffs like a riff machine. Day off tomorrow in Colorado and we shall be working all day on sweet, sweet melodies sure to make the young girls cry and the old ones scream (not necessarily in that order)."
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    We’ve heard the new Lamb Of God album, and we just can’t keep it to ourselves. Here’s our track-by-track guide!

New Lamb Of God album ‘Resolution’ dropped on our desks this morning, and as expected, we haven’t stopped listening to the fucker since. So, here are our first thoughts on one of the most anticipated albums of 2012….

Resolution Track-By-Track

Straight For The Sun
    By the sounds of the Iommi-friendly monster of a riff that opens this album up, Willie Adler has been listening to a lot of Black Sabbath recently. Slow, doomy and fucking massive. Unexpected, but not unwelcome. Here we go…

Desolation
    Two tracks in and we already have a potential single on our hands. Kicking off with a riff that isn’t a million miles away from ‘Redneck’, this is classic Lamb Of God – big riffs, big grooves and a big chorus begging for big crowds. So basically, big.

Ghost Walking
    This starts off with a bit of a curveball thanks to a spoken-word count-in and a cheeky bit of Southern-fried acoustic strumming, before exploding into a monstrous, swaying riff and some more of those untouchable Lamb of God grooves.

Guilty
    Oh hey there fifth gear! This is the fastest song on the album so far, with a real face-ripper of an intro and some great hooks, with Randy Blythe in snarlingly vicious form. LOG are definitely back. We’ve missed you, boys.

Undertow
    Not only does this keep the pace flying, but the catchiness of the chorus has “festival crowd” written all over it. Randy’s “I am the one who’s left to take the falllllll!” line is epic and could be one of the singalong moments of the year. You heard it here first!

The Number Six
    …which is the sixth track, handily. Another big, big chorus, this one’s a swaying, chug-laden juggernaut with some nifty hardcore-style backing vocals thrown into the mix. Interesting…

Barbarosa
    We can’t be sure if this handy musical interlude is named after the 1982 cowboy flick starring Willie Nelson, but given the acoustic melodies and eerie sound effects wah-wahed in, we wouldn’t be surprised. Still; it neatly cuts the album in half and gives us a breather…

Invictus
    …aaaand we’re back. More shout-along backing vocals mixed in with some seriously thrashy moments and a monolithically big breakdown or two. One for the circle pits if ever there was one.

Cheated
    Was that a “One-two-onetwoFUCKYOU!” we just heard? Either way, this is the fastest and most brutal track on the album by a mile, glancing back at the band’s Burn The Priest days while still bristling with the hooks we’ve come to know and love them for.

Insurrection
    Slowing the tempo down a touch works nicely here, with Randy switching to cleaner (by his standards) vocals over an epic, sprawling wall of menacing riffs.

Terminally Unique
    This is straightforward, groove-chundering, riff-spitting Lamb Of God at their best, with an almost galloping midsection giving it some real pace. “Your life is passing…..BYYYYYYYYYYYYY!” screams Randy, who is sounding more and more possessed and wretched as this album goes on.

To The End
    There’s some real Pantera-isms to this bad boy, which is probably the most out-and-out groove metal track on the whole album. Another possible live favourite? We think so.

Visitation
    If not ‘Desolation’, then this could make another great leading single. Crushing riffs and great hooks, and still catchy as fuck? Suits us.

King Me
    Now this is how you finish an album. A slow, brooding intro with Randy’s Southern drawl giving spoken-word lyrics a real tinge of wretchedness, before a full-on orchestra kicks in to take things stratospheric. But ‘S&M’ this ain’t; this is dark, epic, heavy fucking metal, and when the strings do pop up again for the chorus, they only add to the thunderous grandeur of the whole thing. It’s different, but it’s definitely still Lamb Of God. Now, we reckon we might just have to start again…

Summary
    What do you want?! It’s Lamb Of Fucking God, and they’re still the daddies.

\m/
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Terminally Unique? da fak?
    image Photobucket
    Damn, that actually sounds interesting
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I think that sample that was released was Ghost Walking.