Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    The song in this video makes me so psyched for the new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4JoXA3SJfE
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    CHEVELLE has set "Hats Off To The Bull" as the title of its sixth studio album, which is scheduled for release on December 6. The follow-up to 2009's "Sci-Fi Crimes" was produced by Joe Barresi, who has previously worked with TOOL, BAD RELIGION, APOCALYPTICA, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE and WOLFMOTHER, among others.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    im seeing them again saturday, there always a good show...ill prob hear a couple new songs
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Miami purveyors of hard rock, Torche, have announced the beginning of production on their forthcoming as-of-yet-titled LP today. The band will be self-producing the album in hometown studio, Pinecrust, and delivering the finished recordings to Kurt Ballou of Converge for mixing. Look for the new album to be released on Volcom Entertainment in the spring or early summer of next year.

\m/
    I love winning with women
    ^:)^ \m/ ^:)^ \m/ ^:)^ \m/ ^:)^ \m/ ^:)^ \m/ ^:)^ \m/ ^:)^ \m/ ^:)^ \m/ ^:)^ \m/ ^:)^ \m/
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    \m/ NEW CYNIC
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Going on my third playthrough

• streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    edited October 2011
    Belgian death metal lunatics ABORTED recently wrapped up all work on the band’s upcoming seventh studio album, Global Flatline. The album was recorded, mixed and mastered by the infamous Jacob Hansen (VOLBEAT, PESTILENCE, HATESPHERE) at Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark this summer.

Global Flatline will be released on January 23rd in Europe and January 24th in North America via Century Media Records. In anticipation of the album’s release, the band is now giving fans a horrific preview of Global Flatline in their new teaser trailer. Check it out below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdtPfXWSqLA

The album will contain 12 tracks for the regular jewel case edition and 14 tracks on the limited edition digipack, both to be released on Century Media Records in January 2012. Artwork has once again been handled by the gruesome Justin Osbourn from Slasher Design and contains some of the most horrid, putrid and disgusting art the band has displayed to date, perfectly visualizing the album’s title and lyrical concept.

Century Media will release a digital single of the title track, 'Global Flatline', on October 15th.

Global Flatline tracklisting:

'Omega Mortis
    'Global Flatline
    'The Origin Of Disease'
    'Coronary Reconstruction'
    'Fecal Forgery'
    'Of Scabs And Boils'
    'Vermicular, Obscene, Obese'
    'Expurgation Euphoria'
    'From A Tepid Whiff'
    'The Kallinger Theory'
    'Our Father, Who Art Of Feces'
    'Grime'
    'Endstille'

Furthermore, Global Flatline features several guest vocalists: Trevor Strnad from THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, Julien Truchan of BENIGHTED, Jason Netherton of MISERY INDEX and Keiijo Niinima from ROTTEN SOUND, here’s what they say about being part of this release:

Jason Netherton: "When I got the track for the guest vocals, we loaded the files up and immediately our ears melted! A face-ripping, next-level entry for a new decade of death metal, it was a sheer pleasure to contribute some screams, and I am completely stoked to hear the entire album as soon as it drops!"

Trevor Strnad: "It's a pleasure to offer my vocals to Sven and the guys... The new material is fucking sick and I'm glad they would let me be a small part of it. Cheers to the masters of gore, Aborted!"

Julien Truchan: "I'm so honored to be a part of Aborted's new baby, so far what I heard sounds absolutely devastating, sick and furious. Their best album for sure!"

A video for the track 'Origin Of Disease' was shot in the UK this summer with director Phil Berridge.
    Not a huge fan of the B-horror film style, but it should be an awesome album! Aborted is one of my favorite death metal bands. \m/
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Not a huge fan of the B-horror film style, but it should be an awesome album! Aborted is one of my favorite death metal bands. \m/
    That death metal theme is soooooo threadbare.....That's what got me into Nile a few years back...
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Judging by the image name, I'm guessing that's the upcoming album by Family Force 5?
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Yessir. I think it's already out actually, felt like posting it though.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Yessir. I think it's already out actually, felt like posting it though.
    i saw it on a leak site.
    Fitting that this is released on Brad's birthday.....

Richmond, Virginia metallers LAMB OF GOD have set "Resolution" as the title of their new album, due on January 24, 2012 via Epic Records (one day earlier internationally through Roadrunner). The CD was once again helmed by producer Josh Wilbur, who worked on the band's last effort, 2009's "Wrath".

"Resolution" will feature 14 songs and will come in a digipack with artwork by longtime art director Ken Adams.

There will be a special U.K. pre-order for a limited edition album bundle, containing a bonus 12-track live album, titled "Wrath - Tour 2009/2010", together with the "Resolution" digipack. Orders for the limited-edition package will be taken online only, strictly until December 25, from Play, Amazon and HMV.

"Resolution" track listing:

01. Straight For The Sun
    02. Desolation
    03. Ghost Walking
    04. Guilty
    05. The Undertow
    06. The Number Six
    07. Barbarosa
    08. Invictus
    09. Cheated
    10. Insurrection
    11. Terminally Unique
    12. To The End
    13. Visitation
    14. King Me

Limited-edition pre-order bonus live album "Wrath - Tour 2009/2010" track listing:

01. The Passing
    02. In Your Words
    03. Set to Fail
    04. Walk With Me In Hell
    05. Hourglass
    06. Now You've Got Something to Die For
    07. Ruin
    08. As The Palaces Burn
    09. Blacken the Cursed Sun
    10. Laid to Rest
    11. Redneck
    12. Black Label

The "Resolution" cover artwork can be seen below.

One of the tracks that will appear on "Resolution" includes an orchestra and a choir. "There's opera singers, a whole symphony going on… It's crazy," drummer Chris Adler told Gun Shy Assasssin about the song, which features the band's vocalist, Randy Blythe, singing slowly over the opening. "We were trying to figure out how to not be black metal but do something totally different. I think we succeeded," Adler said.

Blythe previously described "Resolution" as "WAAAAY better than 'Wrath' overall."

During its 2012 world tour, LAMB OF GOD, in connection with Epic Records and 914 Films, will shoot a feature film documenting fans and their personal stories of how they use the band's music to cope with their everyday lives.

LAMB OF GOD will be looking for one individual in each specified location to be chosen to participate in this very special event. The person selected will be involved with the full day of LAMB OF GOD activities the day of the show in your hometown!

If you would like to be considered, visit the submission page and submit a video and a written letter of 2,000 characters or less describing your life and how the band's music has impacted you.

Participants must also meet the following requirements.

* Video submissions telling your story should be kept to under 3 minutes.
    * You MUST plan to be in town when LAMB OF GOD visits your area.
    * You MUST be willing to allow LAMB OF GOD band and film crew full access to your lives (home, career, family, friends, etc.) at the time of filming.
    * Entries must be English speaking only.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    * Entries must be English speaking only.
    dasracist.gif
    Here's the album cover....
    They could have done so much better. I expect more of LoG [-(