Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    You scared me for a second. But it's just what GMs who have the top pick say every year. They're not going to pass up on Bradford with those three QBs, he's not stupid, he's going to try to milk it for all it's worth. And I haven't heard anything from the Lions either way, so this changes nothing.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They really like Null over there, but I don't know if it's enough to start. I read into it a bit because of how much hype I hear about him from Saint Louis.

I'm starting to think Okung at #2 will be the pick.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I'll believe it when I see it. I still have a hard time believing they would pass on the best player in the draft if he falls into their lap.
    Do you think they can pick up an LT in the second round?

DT depth is pretty big in this draft.
    Both sides of the line are deep. They can get linemen at any point in the draft. Suh is the best prospect in this draft by far. If they don't take him, it will be their biggest draft mistake in a while, and they have whiffed on a lot of picks.
    To be honest, I think it's a win win situation. They pick Suh, and they are suddenly much tougher to run against. They pick Okung, and the left side is covered for years. You can't go wrong, but which do you want more?
    edited April 2010
    That's true. However, our defense was absolutely abysmal last year. Vanden Bosch and Williams were good additions to the line, but it's not enough. Adding Suh to the inside would allow Vanden Bosch more freedom to rush the QB. Think of the Tennessee defense two years ago, when Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch were absolutely dominant. That's what you're looking at when you get a guy like Suh. Besides, high picks on defense have turned out better than those on the offensive line. Remember Robert Gallery? D'Brickashaw Ferguson? Both high offensive line busts.
    Gallery has huge value as a guard, I wouldn't call him a bust, he just didn't pan out quite as expected.

I wouldn't be happy as a run oriented team going against Suh, and that's why I don't want him to go to the Rams, and I don't want McCoy going to the Hawks. If Suh goes to the Lions, then McCoy goes to the Bucs, and I'm happy.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Gallery was a huge bust, wtf are you talking about. he is an average lineman at best, another horrible waste of a pick for the raiders........
    Also going unnoticed is the fact that the Lions traded for Rob Sims, who will immediately start at guard. This allows Jeff Backus to remain at left tackle, which is where Okung would go.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    the lions have had the 32nd ranked d 3YEARS in a row....theres no way they dont take suh if he is there
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to welcome Alex Brown to the New Orleans Saints.

"METAIRIE, La. -- The New Orleans Saints and free-agent defensive end Alex Brown have agreed to terms on a two-year contract.

The contract is worth $6 million, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Saints spokesman Greg Bensel says the former Bears lineman visited the Saints' suburban training headquarters on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Saints general manager Mickey Loomis had cited defensive end among the defending Super Bowl champion's more pressing needs since the release of Charles Grant this year.

"Gallery was a huge bust, wtf are you talking about. he is an average lineman at best, another horrible waste of a pick for the raiders........"

He's done much better for the Raiders as a guard. Enough not to be considered a total waste.
    The Raiders offense is horrible, and that includes their line, I think it's safe to label him a bust.
    He's better than he gets credit for. I agree with you, that entire team is a mess, and Cable would be helping out huge if Davis weren't in his way.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    but with how high he was drafted he is a bust
    I think if you draft in the first round, you expect a quality starter. Gallery is a starter, and is good at guard. However, the only thing that would consider him a bust is how he isn't good at tackle, where he was drafted.
    Gallery is the only pick of the top 8 in the 2004 draft to not make a Pro Bowl. Think of who the Raiders passed on to get him. Larry Fitzgerald, Philip Rivers, Kellen Winslow, DeAngelo Hall....
    Not a pro bowler =/= bust.
    You obviously ignored my list. Those are all top of the line players at their positions.