Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Package Details, Pricing

Infinity Ward's community manager Robert Bowling revealed new details about the upcoming Resurgence Package, the second multiplayer map pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

In an interview with Microsoft's Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, Bowling confirmed the pack will include three all-new maps and two previously released maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The pack will also cost $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points) and will be available first on Xbox Live starting June 3.

Here are the details on the three new maps:

Carnival – Desolate amusement park with excellent vantage points for snipers. It's "unlike anything we've ever done before," said Bowling. The map takes place during the daytime and includes all original art and model assets. Bowling added that the team really wanted to include this in the first map pack, but the team needed additional time for polish. It's a fairly large map and includes many set pieces, such as roller-coasters, a fun house, and bumper cars.

Trailer Park – Contains tight corridors and condensed areas. Very maze-like with obvious choke points. In context of the game, this map is the living quarters for the people who run the Boneyard level found in Modern Warfare 2's singleplayer campaign. The Boneyard will be viewable in the background.

Fuel – Completely unique from the other maps. The setting is an oil refinery and is split into two sections. One area is wide-open for snipers and the other half is a large warehouse with tight corridors. This map is almost as big as Overgrown from Call of Duty 4.

The two old maps are:

Vacant - Wide-open Russian complex and includes new visuals and details.

Strike - Urban town
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    XDDD Probably the best post I've ever read on GameFaqs forums.

So I named my Sudowoodo "Semichub"...
    Back To: Board List | Topic List
    SSpectre
    Posted 5/14/2010 12:29:05 AM
    message detail
    ...Because it's pseudo-wood.
    ---
    People who can't understand non-Euclidean geometry just can't think outside the box.
    Joelisthebomb
    Posted 5/14/2010 12:30:20 AM
    message detail
    ^This

Best Nickname I've heard all day.
    ---
    HG FC: 5242 4921 7034
    How exactly does a Dunsparce manage to keep up with my 17,000 steps a day?
    Red Dead Redemption PS3 Gets Exclusive Content

Copies of Red Dead Redemption that recently shipped to retailers confirm PlayStation 3 versions in North America will include extra content.

PS3 owners will be getting access to "Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout" and the "Walton Gang Outfit," according to photos posted on IGN's forums by user Old_BenKenobi. Rockstar has not officially announced this content, so we can't say for sure what it all includes exactly.

Red Dead Redemption is set for release in North America this coming Tuesday, May 18, for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
    Sega Has a New "360 Action" Game in the Works

Japan's teaser countdown obsession has calmed somewhat this year (actually, it's changed to a Twitter obsession). But Sega is in full teaser countdown mode for its latest game announcement.

Visit next-360action.sega.jp to see Sega count down ten days to its new game.

Based off the URL, the game appears to be a new Xbox 360 action title. But it's not certain that the 360 is a reference to the Xbox 360.

Check the site daily for a new message leading up to what will presumably be an unveil on Monday the 24th.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    can anyone tell me how to use my 360 controller for pc games?
    imageimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Red Dead Redemption is such a good game it's like GTA IV but better.

*waits till Tuesday*
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    ''can anyone tell me how to use my 360 controller for pc games?''

i think you need a wired controller. i've tried befor but couldn't figure it out. and the booths at game conventions use wired when its attached to a PC
    You need a wired 360 controller and you need to download the software for it to work.
    thats what i thought. i have the software but no wired controller
    It could work if you have a wireless, but you need to have some special USB thingy that picks up wi fi signals. It plugs into the computer and picks up the signal.
    yeah id rather just get a wired because i sit close to my tv anyway
    im using it for L4D2 and you can use it with a wireless but you need a reciever plus do some code things and its just too much work so im going to best buy and getting a wired clear controller with kool lights in it

the joystick will work automatically after you download the software right?
    imageimage
    it looks pretty sick but i dont like seeing the inside
    edited May 2010
    idk i like see through controllers
    i had a few for my other systems too
    even my guitar is see through
    imageimage
    a see through guitar would be sick but i just dont like seeing the parts. it's less "aesthetic" imo but im usually not looking at it anyway
    and its heavy as fuck
    imageimage