Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I dont get why the Wii U needs to play dvds.
    it 2011, if you dont have a dvd player by now then <_> to you.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Nintendo is fail
    imageimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah buddy \m/

Photobucket
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    lol DMC 2 was quite possibly one of the worst games i've ever played
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    I'll take DMC, but the other two can fuck off

• MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Rumor: Mass Effect 3 getting four-player co-op mode

Though it's been quite a while since we've heard anything regarding Mass Effect 3's once-rumored multiplayer functionality, Eurogamer and CVG are both citing anonymous sources who claim the title will have a standalone four-player cooperative mode. The mode will feature a handful of missions which won't interact with the main storyline, and are designed to have a high replay value. Considering we spent around 40 hours mining for Element Zero in Mass Effect 2, we don't think our attention is going to be very hard to retain.

Speaking to Eurogamer at E3 last week, BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka wouldn't confirm nor deny the co-operative missions, instead saying, "We haven't talked at all about multiplayer in the Mass Effect franchise, but we're exploring multiplayer in all of our games and all of our franchises." Sounds like he's either deflecting, or hinting at a multiplayer update to Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, which might be the single most illogical assumption we've ever crafted.
    edited June 2011
    trying to add multiplayer to mass effect 3 is a really REALLY bad idea.

make a separate game in the universe with multiplayer and let ME3 focus on ending the trilogy
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I disagree, I think co-op will be fanfuckingtastic.
    ME was one of the last truly great single player games and now they are gonna end up sacrificing that experience to slap a half assed mutliplayer in last minute
    edited June 2011
    Half-assed? Last minute? Slap in?

lolwut
    ok i admit half assed isn't something that Bioware does, but i can defiantly say that if ME3 has mutliplayer it wasn't in the original development plan for ME3. it was a last minute add in that the push back gave them time for.
    Multiplayer has been rumored since the original announcement. I think it was in the original development plan, and the push back was to make sure they could polish up both the single/multi player experiences.
    edited June 2011
    no it wasn't. in the Gameinformer article Casey Hudson said they didn't have a plan for mutliplayer at the time for ME3

Fyi: casey hudson is the illusive man of the ME team
    ah.

I'm still not worried though. It's not like they're gonna blow off single player or anything.
    read up on it and basically its EA forcing multiplayer down peoples throats. all the comments i've seen on these pages were people saying me3 did not need mutliplayer

"Mainstream penetration is a major goal for Mass Effect 3 and those high up feel online co-op is the answer they're looking for," our source said. "EA's keen to push the multiplayer side of the game to help spread word of mouth - so it's not just going to rehash stuff from the campaign. It's going all out."

Mass Effect is set to feature a four-player co-op online mode, according to various sources.

Eurogamer reports that the much-rumoured multiplayer feature will include "competitive elements" and "will not compromise" the single-player portion of the game.

Click to view larger image
    A reliable development source has since informed CVG that the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer feature will be built around "original missions made for online", which will be totally unique from the solo campaign.

Our mole added there would "only be a handful" of co-op missions which have been created with the intention of being "played and played again".

Reports have suggested that the online offering will come in the form of a Horde-style mode, but our source was quick to play down the notion.

Bioware's Montreal studio is said to be behind the co-op side, and was seen to be recruiting for "multiplayer" staff last year.

"Mainstream penetration is a major goal for Mass Effect 3 and those high up feel online co-op is the answer they're looking for," our source said. "EA's keen to push the multiplayer side of the game to help spread word of mouth - so it's not just going to rehash stuff from the campaign. It's going all out."

Officially BioWare's refusing to confirm the Mass Effect 3 online antics, but when pressed on the matter last week, co-founder Ray Muzyka told CVG that the studio is "exploring" multiplayer for all of its games.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    ME 3 should have some kind of co op, but no to competitive multiplayer.

i just don't see how it could work without it feeling forced and contradicting the main story if it involves Shepard in any way.
    It's Co-op with a competitive feel, so I'm assuming it'll be like Firefight from Halo.

If you don't like multiplayer, don't play it. They aren't shoving it down your damn throat.
    edited June 2011
    i don't plan on playing it, i am concerned about it taking away from my single player experience and fucking the lore up