Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    One has to wonder when Netflix decided to offer its streaming movie service on video game consoles whether it would have such a drastic effect on American internet usage.

I mean, look at this report: it states that almost 20% of total internet bandwidth usage in the United States is from people watching movies and TV shows via Netflix on their video game consoles.

That's not people watching Netflix - that figure, including PCs, stands even higher. It's just people watching stuff on a PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii. Accounting for almost 20% of total internet traffic.

Amazing.

If you want a breakdown, the most usage was recorded on the PS3 (with 30% of Netflix's total usage), with the Xbox 360 close behind (at 25%) and the Wii third with just over 10%.

GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

20% that's a lot O_o
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Gears of War 3 beta attracted 1.29 million testers

The cogs did their part, as 1.29 million fans enlisted in the recent Gears of War 3 multiplayer beta and pre-ordered the game in hordes. In all, Epic gathered 249 years worth of match-time data from players spanning 145 countries during the four-week public testing phase, which wrapped up this past Sunday. And it was all up and running, for the first time, on dedicated servers. (Oorah!)

While neither Microsoft nor Epic specified how many beta testers got in early through their "Epic Edition" copies of Bulletstorm, the pair was quite pleased to announce that Gears of War 3 has surpassed one million pre-orders (the other ticket into the beta) -- and we're still four months away from the game's September 20 launch. That's got to be some kind of record, right?

Uh-huh. Gears 3 now holds the distinguished honor of being "the fastest pre-ordered Xbox exclusive title to reach this milestone in the history of the platform." (*Golf clap*)

Pore over some more beta stats after the break.

Gears of War 3 beta stats:
    1.29 million people participated in the beta
    145 different countries participated in the beta
    249 years worth of matches played
    More than 11 million matches completed
    More than 927 million kills recorded
    More than 131 million executions performed
    More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw
    Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired
    4.9 billion ribbons and 291 million medals earned
    435,000 people earned the beta-exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game when it launches in September
    234,000 people earned the beta-exclusive Gold Retro Lancer to use in the retail game when it launches in September
    Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Looks Certain

We can expect Modern Warfare 3 to have Spec Ops missions like the previous game however it looks like a new co-op game mode might also be included.

This new mode will be Survival Mode according to Product-Reviews who believe the new mode will be a cross between Zombies and Horde Mode. Information posted on the MW3blog seems to suggest that there will be 6 Survival Mode maps.

Product-Reviews believes the six maps to be Carbon, Dome, Mission, Radar, Seatown, Survival and Village and that you will be taking on real enemies instead of zombies.

Expect the way the game plays to change from Zombies if the enemies are real people due to the addition of bullets being fired back at you, I would expect things to become more strategic than the usual run and gun of Zombies.

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Looks Certain

We can expect Modern Warfare 3 to have Spec Ops missions like the previous game however it looks like a new co-op game mode might also be included.

This new mode will be Survival Mode according to Product-Reviews who believe the new mode will be a cross between Zombies and Horde Mode. Information posted on the MW3blog seems to suggest that there will be 6 Survival Mode maps.

Product-Reviews believes the six maps to be Carbon, Dome, Mission, Radar, Seatown, Survival and Village and that you will be taking on real enemies instead of zombies.

Expect the way the game plays to change from Zombies if the enemies are real people due to the addition of bullets being fired back at you, I would expect things to become more strategic than the usual run and gun of Zombies.

ZOMBIES IS NOTHING BUT STRATEGY
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Got Mortal Kombat today. Gonna fuck niggas up online.

Also, I must say, I fucking love that human Smoke is in this game.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Fatality_Theater

Every single fatality can be watched on this page.
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer

http://youtu.be/coiTJbr9m04
    It just debuted during the NBA playoffs right now.

I wanna cry from the amazingness :')))))))))))
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Marc,
    y u cry about errythang?
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Marc,
    y u cry about errythang?
    lol
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Marc,
    y u cry about errythang?
    lol

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Marc,
    y u cry about errythang?
    He's in ze closetz <_>
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yesterday my Xbox scared me and I thought it was gonna red ring (because it kept going to an error screen at startup and would go to one red light) but later on I took off the hard drive and started it and it worked perfectly. I put it back on and it restarted and it appears to be fine now.....idk
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    The word is that a "huge fighting franchise" will be making its triumphant return at this years E3.
    A Tweet from Play Magazine has teased the first day of the show;
    "On day one of E3 - two zombie games, a huge interview, a massive Sony exclusive and return of a huge fighting game franchise among others"
    So what could this franchise be? We already now that Street Fighter, Tekken and Soul Calibur are already going to be there so that leaves King of Fighters, Virtua Fighter or maybe even a new Dead Or Alive title.
    We will find out come Day 1 of E3 on June 7th.

I hope it is King of Fighters. They are long overdue for a game and need to make a come back damn it >_<
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    they need a new killer instinct
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    edited May 2011
    New Mortal Kombat

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    they need a new killer instinct
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    first official game play trailer for Dead Island

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/to-kill-dead-island/714102
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    It just debuted during the NBA playoffs right now.

I wanna cry from the amazingness :')))))))))))
    It looks pretty good... Battlefield 3 looks better so far.