Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    PSN is rumored to be back up... anyone have proof?
    I couldn't get on.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I couldn't get on.
    "A rumor for now, but apparently the PSN is up for game developers, but "a bit shaky at the moment". This would jive with Sony's "select group" testing."
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I couldn't get on.
    "A rumor for now, but apparently the PSN is up for game developers, but "a bit shaky at the moment". This would jive with Sony's "select group" testing."
    Well, now I feel kinda stupid, but if that's what MC was talking about he should've specified.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep

Kotaku has posted a large amount of information on this year's Call of Duty game, claiming the details have all been verified by anonymous sources. There's no official word from Activision yet, but according to the Kotaku story the next Call of Duty game will be called Modern Warfare 3 and jointly developed by Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. The release date will be November 8, 2011.

The single-player story will start directly after the events of Modern Warfare 2. The villain Vladimir Makarov and heroes "Soap" MacTavish and John Price return in 15 stages set across the world, including New York City, Dubai and Paris.

The Spec Ops co-operative mode from Modern Warfare 2 will return, as well as survival maps that sound similar to Gears of War's horde mode or Call of Duty: World at War's zombie mode. The competitive multiplayer mode will feature around 20 maps.

=P~
    same game, different maps
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    just got my new GameInformer today
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    I couldn't get on.
    Well, now I feel kinda stupid, but if that's what MC was talking about he should've specified.
    i didnt know either way... people at school said that it was gonna be up again tonight, so i was seeing if anyone had proof.

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NqwnraL1Pw

Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game.

Multiplayer, too, seems to be shaping up to be an experience packed with new maps, experiences and ways to game.

Sources tell Kotaku that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps, though it's unclear if some will be cut before release or perhaps sold later as expansion packs. The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes. While the mission-based levels will be designed like the ones made popular in Modern Warfare 2, we're told, the survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we believe that the imagery is accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

It's been in development for 2 years by 2 different companies with practically unlimited funding... this game's gonna be huge.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I forgot how awesome grand theft auto 4 is. The only thing I would change is that driving the cars the steering is a bit too touchy.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • HolyCrapLionsHolyCrapLions Posts: 83 salt miner
    edited June 2011
    Post edited by HolyCrapLions on
    I forgot how awesome grand theft auto 4 is. The only thing I would change is that driving the cars the steering is a bit too touchy.
    I find that fun.
    PSN is coming back today
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    ZmbeFlvrdCupcks

my gamertag
    imageimage
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Shortly past midnight, U.S. Pacific Time, Sony announced that PlayStation Network service had been restored in Canada, all 50 U.S. states and Puerto Rico. PSN, down for 22 days following a massive cyberattack on April 19, continues to be restored in stages in Europe and in other regions.

Upon logging back in, PSN account holders are required to download the latest firmware (3.61) and change their account passwords.

PSN's reactivation restores online multiplayer and chat, friends list and trophy comparison functionality, PlayStation Home and services such as Hulu, Netflix and MLB.tv, said Sony Computer Entertainment head Kazuo Hirai, in the following video. PlayStation Store access will be restored later.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    yep its back up... logged on this morning
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I want my free games and identity theft protection now.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I want my free games and identity theft protection now.
    yea... me too...
    and wtf... Demon's Souls servers are all down now...