Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• It may be because I haven't gone through the entirety of this thread, but I find the lack of love for SNES RPGs highly disturbing...
    I don't know you, but you have Al Bundy as your avatar so we are now friends.

:-bd Let's Rock...
    I'm going to law school, bitches!
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Can I get a "whoa Bundy"?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    I just started playing Uncharted on PS3 it seems pretty sweet. The only thing that annoys me is constant adjustment you have to do with the camera.
    i LOVE the Uncharted series.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    It may be because I haven't gone through the entirety of this thread, but I find the lack of love for SNES RPGs highly disturbing...
    super mario RPG started my love affair
  • It may be because I haven't gone through the entirety of this thread, but I find the lack of love for SNES RPGs highly disturbing...
    That's a great one. The Final Fantasy series started me, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for Chrono Trigger. I'm playing Illusion of Gaia during study breaks now...

It may be because I haven't gone through the entirety of this thread, but I find the lack of love for SNES RPGs highly disturbing...
    That's a great one. The Final Fantasy series started me, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for Chrono Trigger. I'm playing Illusion of Gaia during study breaks now...

ff7 was my first and still favorite entry of the series and was my all time fav RPG til mass effect 2
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Download Size of the PS3 Welcome Back games

* InFamous – 6.88 GB
    * LittleBigPlanet – 2216 MB
    * Wipeout HD/Fury – 738 MB
    * Dead Nation – 1.39 GB
    * Super Stardust – 290MB

Source: http://www.gamersmint.com/download-size-of-the-free-welcome-back-programme-games
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm definitely getting InFamous. I'm not sure on the other though.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    damn those are big...

if you dont have LBP i recomend it

ff7 was my first and still favorite entry of the series and was my all time fav RPG til mass effect 2
    I kinda mark FF7 as a turning/dividing point in RPGs and fans alike. Before FF7 there was only SNES for any mainstream turn-based RPGs. I would definitely advise emulating Chrono Trigger on ZSNES, but that's not legal ;-) . It was the first game (I know) to bring about New Game+ (which you use in the Mass Effects).

As for the Mass Effects - I don't even consider that an RPG, it's to gaming what Star Wars was to movies. Definitely check out Dragon Age: Origins (not the sequel), from Bioware, a 100% amazing RPG...
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo

I kinda mark FF7 as a turning/dividing point in RPGs and fans alike. Before FF7 there was only SNES for any mainstream turn-based RPGs. I would definitely advise emulating Chrono Trigger on ZSNES, but that's not legal ;-) . It was the first game (I know) to bring about New Game+ (which you use in the Mass Effects).

As for the Mass Effects - I don't even consider that an RPG, it's to gaming what Star Wars was to movies. Definitely check out Dragon Age: Origins (not the sequel), from Bioware, a 100% amazing RPG...
    Yeah Dragon Age: Origins is really good. Has a great deep story. I still have to buy the Awakening Expansion.

• Never played Awakening, if it's like the rest of the DLC/Sequel, don't waste your time. Get into Mass Effect instead...

i most certainly consider mass effect an RPG and it it blows dragon age out of the water in terms of story and gameplay. i have both
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't really consider Mass Effect an RPG, but ok <_>
    imageimage

random but NG+ is pissing me off in Demons Souls lately
    How is mass effect not an RPG exactly? The old school JRPG style is pretty much dead. Euro and American developers are about 5 years ahead of japan in terms of development. RPGS are pushing into a new era and imo Mass effect is head and shoulders above the rest. it not only has an incredible storyline but it redefines how story's are told through the medium
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    It's just not an RPG to me, it's more of a 3rd person shooter with a long ass story line. And the reason the old school RPG isn't as popular is because kids today want shooters and things rated M.
    imageimage
    get used to it. the old style is dead. Even the JRPG juggernaut final fantasy is changing style
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Never been a big fan of jrpgs. Star Ocean and some FF and thats it
    Never been a big fan of jrpgs. Star Ocean and some FF and thats it
    star ocean: the second story =P~