Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    Nah we're still like 5 years away from really needing that for gaming. 

Anything more than 16 is just a luxury. Your returns are probably what 5% or less and that probably depends on the game. When you’re talking about cost comparison it's not really worth it. 
    Try playing UE 5 games smoothly and come back to me

• Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I didn’t love Jedi survivor like I did fallen order. The first half of Jedi survivor should be called parkour the game or some shit I was so bored. Once things got going with the story though and some of the fights especially near the end saved me from not liking it. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Beat Jedi Surivor today. Great game. Not perfect but I had a lot of fun with it and the ending hits surprisingly hard. Exploration is still top notch, combat was fun if a little challenging at points. Traversal is good for the most part but can still be a little janky, especially when wall running. Won’t go into to much more detail until everyone here clears it 
    I forgot there was an open world element. I've been playing this like a linear action gams, mostly. Did the same thing with Fallen Order. Something about them just feel better treating them as linear action games to me
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    Idk exploration was the best part in both games for me 
  • Options
    There’s a planet near the end where the game forces you to play it linear and it felt jarring for me not to be able to go dick around lol though I understand why they did it 
  • Options
    edited January 27
    Rayvis is badass. Completely stuck on his boss fight. But he's badass
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
  • Options
    Yeah Rayvis is fucking awesome 
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Loved his fight 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    mrAPE said:
    Loved his fight 
    Yea, his fight is really cool. I think I dont have enough stim packs, which is my issue
  • Options
    I dun did the thing 
  • Options
    Im still stuck on Rayvis lol
  • Options
    Are you on Jedi Master or Super hard mode?
  • Options
    edited January 29
    Dime2 said:
    Are you on Jedi Master or Super hard mode?
    Yes, Jedi Grand Master
  • Options
    Sounds miserable lol can’t imagine doing the Jedi tear battles on that difficulty especially the two Oggdos and the two Rancors 
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
    I was prolly the only one interested, but that Avatar Frontiers Of Pandora already dropped almost 50% off for $40 on GMG so I grabbed that earlier.
  • Options
    A few hours into Spider-Man 2. Glad this came bundled with the system lol it’s not bad or anything I’m just having trouble getting any kind of invested in it. The opening with Sandman was fucking sick tho 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    Yeah the opening is sick, and im sure all the set pieces are fantastic, but i just am having a really hard time picking it back up after playing for 2-3 hours lol
  • Options
    It looks fantastic visually and I love me some Miles but I just…don’t care for lack of a better word. Which is weird because I love Kraven. Traversal is still great but there’s something off idk. Like I can’t quite put my finger on it yet but something about the webswinging and zipping around feels off from the first game. 
  • Options
    Spec Ops The Line has been delisted from all sources
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
    Progressing extremely slow considering I started it right before Christmas, but now 20 hours in on Jedi Survivor and honestly the game is pretty fucking great, flaws and all. Pretty much everything is an upgrade over Jedi Fallen Order. Combat is miles better and a lot more satisfying, exploration and traversal can be top notch, especially once all abilities are unlocked, and while not all the puzzles hit, the ones that do are very cleverly designed and extremely satisfying to solve. Honestly wit a little more polish and care put into it, this could have been the ultimate Star Wars game.