Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    I am still slogging through Jedi Survivor, and I absolutely hate the combat in this game. Every fucking combat encounter is a chore. 
    Enemies do way too much damage, spam unblockable attacks, have way too much health, and can stun lock you constantly. Absolute ass cancer. 
     Get Gud
  • Options
    I forget that Mr. Organizer of sin already has it. 

I probably would have skipped it had it not came bundled with the ps5 my brothers got me but I have it so may as well
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    I am still slogging through Jedi Survivor, and I absolutely hate the combat in this game. Every fucking combat encounter is a chore. 
    Enemies do way too much damage, spam unblockable attacks, have way too much health, and can stun lock you constantly. Absolute ass cancer. 
    Turn the fucking difficulty down. You are literally hampering the game.
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    that game does really suck at all the things MC is describing though. those were all problems with th first game too. 
  • Options
    Sure but the combat is acceptable and even satisfying a lot of the time on normal difficulty once you get the hang of the timing. And even then it can be unbalanced during certain boss fights. The game is straight broken on the highest difficulty. It wasn’t properly designed around that difficulty. They jus turned all the sliders up and said fuck it so it breaks the game.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I heard the game still runs like shit

• Options
    Starfield finally got the 32:9 update but idek if I want to continue to slog through it. It’s just so uninspiring. 

• Options
    In fairness, there is a tougher difficulty curve than the first Star Wars Jedi game as far as combat is concerned but it’s perfectly serviceable. MC just went out of his way to make it a nightmare. 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    I was watching Shroud play that Rockstead suicide squad game that comes out next month and it looks fucking awful lol
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    I was watching Shroud play that Rockstead suicide squad game that comes out next month and it looks fucking awful lol
    I tried the alpha. Its not good.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    In fairness, there is a tougher difficulty curve than the first Star Wars Jedi game as far as combat is concerned but it’s perfectly serviceable. MC just went out of his way to make it a nightmare. 
    If your game falls apart at higher difficulties, its usually a good sign your game mechanics are garbage. 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    No one is arguing any different. Everyone knows. You’re literally suffering for nothing. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Is it just that I’m good at Jedi Survivor or yall suck trying to figure this out because I suck at games 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    I had a little difficulty getting readjusted to it because the literal last 7 games I played weren’t combat focused (Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Spyro 1-3 and Astros Playroom) but after the first hour the rust shook off. I’m only having trouble with legendary enemies now which is to be expected. I also picked a median difficulty so I can actually enjoy the game unlike MC (I’m playing on Jedi Knight mode).
  • Options
    Breaking from Jedi Survivor for a while, playing through Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. First time playing it with a proper source port. Plays sooooo much better than with shitty dosbox. Basically Star Wars Quake. 
  • Options
    Really enjoying Alan Wake 2 at high/ultra settings on this oled. Might be one of the best looking games to come out in a long time. 

• Options
    Already got a 3 day chat ban on MW3. That was quick lmao. Shit is so fucking lame now.
  • Options
  • Options
    On a serious note tho, if this AI chat detection stays in place moving forward, this will officially be the last COD I buy. The actual gameplay is decent fun on this one, but like I said, the free for all aspect of it was half the fun and draw, if not moreso. It was like the last place left that was like that. Without that it’s jus an average shooter and if it comes down to pure gameplay, there’s others I’d rather play as far as multiplayer. I’m hoping it’s only on Infinity Ward CODs and future Treyarch releases won’t, but if so, I’m callin it a day.
  • Options
    What’s crazy is from what I’m reading on Reddit, it also monitors private party chat and you can catch a ban even if you have public chat turned off. So we could all hypothetically have a party going and call eachother faggots like we do on here, and get banned for that, simply for saying a buzzword, even tho it’s private. Insanity.