Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Fuuuuuck =)))))) 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    So I downloaded the chess.com app for when I'm bored at work. I played a lot as a kid but haven't played in years.After each game you can do this move by move breakdown of the match and it's basically like watching film for sports lmao it's insane. It tells you what strategy your human opponent was using for things like openings, where you fucked a move up, where you did a move that's considered over your skill level, where you missed a checkmate, etc. It even suggests practice modules if it recognizes that you struggle with certain aspects. 

I've never seen a game with such an in depth level of coaching or training. 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    Been playing PS5 for two days and already got a platinum lol granted it’s for Astros Playroom and that’s basically a tech demo lol but it was fun as fuck. About an hour into Jedi Survivor 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Been playing PS5 for two days and already got a platinum lol granted it’s for Astros Playroom and that’s basically a tech demo lol but it was fun as fuck. About an hour into Jedi Survivor 
    yea, Astro rules. I wish they'd make that a full game
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    I kinda want one of those mini PCs, so that I can play low resource intensive PC games and emulated games from my couch... but I also really want a high end gaming desktop. 
    I'm willing to spend about $3000 on it. Thinking I might sell my guitars to fund it. 🤔
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    Give up your dreams, play games on the couch. 

Great plan. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    It's the American way 🇺🇲🦅
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I kinda want one of those mini PCs, so that I can play low resource intensive PC games and emulated games from my couch... but I also really want a high end gaming desktop. 
    I'm willing to spend about $3000 on it. Thinking I might sell my guitars to fund it. 🤔
    Might as well cop a 4070 super or 4070 if you want a little cheaper. 

• Options
    NOCAP said:
    Might as well cop a 4070 super or 4070 if you want a little cheaper. 
    Perhaps. I actually have no interest in 4k. I just want to play current games at 1080p, maxed, at a minimum 60fps, and future proof it for a while.
  • Options
    The Gamecube adapter isnt compatible with the Wii partician on the Wii U. So I got an adapter that converts a Gamecube controller into a Wii Classic controller. 

So I'm playing Wii on my Wii U with a Gamecube controller, converted into a Classic controller, plugged into a Wii remote (with a Motion Plus attachment) 

• Options
    I think I'm autistic
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    no just retarded. 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
     Those are the kind of games I still wish they made. I’m an absolute whore for collectathon platformers. 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
     Those are the kind of games I still wish they made. I’m an absolute whore for collectathon platformers. 
    Big same. Sackboy was good too
  • Options
    Played that for a little bit before a bunch of stuff came out that I had higher priority on. Will probably circle back to it after I finish Star Wars, Spider-Man and the new Ratchet & Clank
  • Options
    Spider man 2 is a skip honestly. 
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I’m gonna wait for the PC port

• Options
    I forget that Mr. Organizer of sin already has it. 

If you got it, it's worth a play if you like swinging, but the combat really kills it for me. Just copy/paste basically. 

Full price though hell no. Wait till you can get it on pc for 20 bucks. 
  • Options
    I am still slogging through Jedi Survivor, and I absolutely hate the combat in this game. Every fucking combat encounter is a chore. 
    Enemies do way too much damage, spam unblockable attacks, have way too much health, and can stun lock you constantly. Absolute ass cancer.