Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    Sonic Superstars fucks
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
    No surprise whatsoever, but Suicide Squad is getting absolutely shit on lmao. Even IGN only gave it a 5. Seeing that the campaign is like 8-10 hours so I’ll blast thru it when it either hits Game Pass, or when it inevitably drops to like $10 some time this year lmao. Seems exactly like the Avengers campaign where it’s somewhat decent fun and worth a run, but for nowhere near full price.
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    In fairness, I’ve heard people praising the gameplay. The story is what’s getting it shit on. 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    In fairness, I’ve heard people praising the gameplay. The story is what’s getting it shit on. 
    Its not good 
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Been playing Palworld all weekend with the kids. Really enjoying it 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Naw, gameplay is getting shit on too. They’re saying the mechanics themselves are solid, but that it’s essentially wave after wave of the EXACT same type of enemy and it’s completely uninspired.
  • Options
    Ohhhh okay. I was reading some stuff and it seemed like typical Arkham gameplay that people liked but the story is triggering the fuck outta people lol
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    yeah i watched it streamed for like 2 hours. Thats not really long enough to know but it looked like shit
  • Options
    3 for 3 on PS5 platinums 
  • Options
    Holy fuck the difficulty spike on 8-2, and 9-1 in Sonic Superstars is brutal. Mecha Sonic is up there with the hardest Sonic bosses ever. Even with Super Sonic I cant beat him.
  • Options
    70% of the way through Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. I fell off this series a while ago. Last one I played prior to this was Crack In Time in the PS3 days and didn’t make it all the way through that one out of boredom. I still love the PS2 games but after that, the series took a tonal shift that I’m just not a fan of including turning Ratchet into Sir Bland Man. That being said, I’m having fun here. The visuals and gameplay are fantastic and the maps are big but not colossal so exploration isn’t a total pain in the ass. I’m not loving it but it is fun 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    70% of the way through Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. I fell off this series a while ago. Last one I played prior to this was Crack In Time in the PS3 days and didn’t make it all the way through that one out of boredom. I still love the PS2 games but after that, the series took a tonal shift that I’m just not a fan of including turning Ratchet into Sir Bland Man. That being said, I’m having fun here. The visuals and gameplay are fantastic and the maps are big but not colossal so exploration isn’t a total pain in the ass. I’m not loving it but it is fun 
    Yea, the games are at least still fun with good gameplay. But the stories, tone, and humor fall off hard. I was very mixed on Rift Apart. Combat was great. But too many walky talky scripted sections, I'm sick of Nefarious being the villan, and I didnt like Rivet. Plus boo multiverses
  • Options
    Dude for real, the entire reason I stopped playing this series was because they kept recycling Nefarious as the villain. Giving him an alt doesn’t do shit, it’s still fucking Dr Nefarious for the 18th time except now there’s no Lawrence who was always hilarious. Thank God you said something. I felt it was overly hand holdy too but couldn’t tell if it was just me or not. Any time I deviate for more than ten seconds someone or something pipes up and tells me that’s the wrong way. Like yeah, no shit. That’s why we have objective markers lol you already know I hate multiverse shit but this at least seems self contained. I haven’t beaten it yet but I’m guessing Ratchet never goes home and they destroy the dimensionator at the end. Rivet is…okay. She’s essentially just a gender swap but it makes sense for her to be a bad ass since she’s been leading the resistance for years. There’s really just not much else to her, she’s every cliche bad ass resistance leader. I do like Kitt though. 
  • Options
    God the humor is grating though. I remember laughing my ass off for the first handful of games, even when I replayed them as an adult. Rift Apart has gotten one single laugh out of me. The part when you go back to Sargasso and the Morts offer to talk it over over lemonade while a literal war wages in the background and the make the barb about destroy the planet because the emperor thinks nothing should be sour and sweet lmao the delivery on that line was excellent. Everything else gets a chuckle or an exhale out the nose. 
  • Options
    Beat and picked up the platinum for Ratchet & Clank. Overall, it’s a fun game. Nothing amazing but gameplay and visuals are still fantastic. I feel like this is the last one I need to play though. 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    i laughed a few times, but i really liked rift apart. 

I never really played any of the older games, but i had fun with RA and thought it looked great. But i get why yall wouldn't like it as much  if you were into the older games. 
  • Options
    It’s not even specifically Rift Apart’s fault. The franchise has slowly changed and evolved overtime, as it happens when something’s been running for over two decades but at some point, the series started suffering from a major charm issue imo. Ratchet was never like a super unique character or anything, but at one point he lost all nuance and kinda just turned into “The hero” archetype, which just doesn’t suit him. He IS a hero but even when saving the galaxy previously, he was a little stubborn, sometimes arrogant. He could be a little selfish but at the end of the day he always came through and that’s what made it fun to watch and play through. Now a days he’s just the “Come on guys, let’s go save the day!” And I don’t think his characterization in the movie tie in reboot game lends any favors to that because it just doubles down on it. 
        Same goes for the humor. The earlier games were infamous for having a lot of innuendo that barely squeaked by and the juxtaposition of the bright goofy world and characters mixed with them dropping a sex joke or pun always landed for me (At one point Sony gave one of their only hard “Absolutely nots” to the devs when they released Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. The gimmick was that you play as 4 characters at the same time and Insomniac wanted to call it Ratchet & Clank: 4 Play =)) ). All that being said, I totally understand why Rift Apart takes the direction it does. I think they did a fantastic job curating this one to draw new players into it who might be unfamiliar with the series or are jumping in for the first time. You won’t lose anything by not having played the previous 10+ games and it’s super easy to follow. Had I not played any of the other games, I’d love this but comparison is the thief of joy so here we are lol for what it’s worth the gameplay and visuals are still top notch which is something this series has always excelled it and the weapon selection is pretty good as well. 
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    Downloaded Tarkov again but this time on the new rig. Guess I just like pain but idec anymore cause all of this shit gonna get wiped in a few months anyway. 

• Options
    Anybody played Evil West? It was a free PS plus game last month and I started it this morning. Not too bad so far
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    Lowkey want that new ASUS 4K Oled monitor but I love my ultrawide. Not sure what to do.