Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    You just have to keep your own log/checklist. 

That was the worst part of the game, but the map is phenomenal. Best map ever created in a game IMO
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    You just have to keep your own log/checklist. 

That was the worst part of the game, but the map is phenomenal. Best map ever created in a game IMO
    Its hard to know what to log when NPCs are so easily missable, and also doing certain NPCs quests before others locks you out of doing others. You need the Wiki open to know who to talk to and in what order so you dont miss them. 

There are NPCs mentioned in the wiki that I've never met, and again Im 100 hours in. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Yeah for sure. 

I Erik's the hell out of that and followed Missoni guides at the beginning to avoid fucking anything up lol
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    edited November 2023
    makes doing quests entirely too tedious and not worth doing.
    Oh wow it’s almost like that’s exactly what I told you and you fought me tooth and nail on it. 😐
  • Options
    makes doing quests entirely too tedious and not worth doing.
    Oh wow it’s almost like that’s exactly what I told you and you fought me tooth and nail on it. 😐
    No you said travelling was tedious, which is not. Quests are tedious because you'll meet a random NPC once who says "I must go, my mistress to the North awaits me", and then you run into them again 20 hours later in a new random location, and if you do their quest before doing another random unrelated NPCs quest, who you never found because they were in a hidden wall in a random cave, then you are permenantly locked out of the quests and dont get any rewards. 
  • Options
    No, I specifically said everything in the game is tedious and a full time job, which includes traveling, the quests, the map, the lack of an actual interface, everything.

The quests were a blatant example tho. One of the worst systems I ever seen. And I Platinum’d it so the original plan was to 100% everything while I was at it (Even tho 100% wasn’t required for the Platinum.) and experience everything the game had to offer. So from start to finish I had a guide pulled up, on top of keeping constant updated notes in my phone, (IE; “Talked to so and so, go to so and so next before so and so, so I don’t get locked out.”) and I STILL ended up fucking myself out of some of them. Not to mention there was one where I like bumped into dude or something and he went aggro for literally no reason cause it bugged out and I couldn’t reload any kind of save, and some other side quests were reliant on him being an ally, so that locked me out of even more.

When I have to do all that jus cause I want to experience everything in your game, and I STILL get punished and fucked out of them, your game is not a game, it is a job and a chore, and it has no actual fun factor. I had planned on knocking out all the mini dungeons/caves too, but I skipped a good handful of em in the final snow area cause by that point I was fucked out of the side quests, so I figured “Fuck it, 100% is out the window now anyways.” and completely skipped em, especially since they weren’t required for the Platinum anyways. I jus wanted that garbage done and over wit by that point.
  • Options
    Also, nearly done wit Wonder, on World 5, and I can definitely say it 100% deserves the GOTY nomination. It won’t win because ultimately they give it to more complex, groundbreaking type games, but if the nomination list is essentially a top 5-6 of the year list, it absolutely belongs there. Truth be told I wasn’t that excited about it before release. I play every Mario by default, but 2D usually doesn’t hit the same. When I saw the announcement, my initial reaction was “Aight cool….but when is the next 3D follow-up to Odyssey?” and while I’m still infinitely more excited for that considering Odyssey is prolly my #1 all time, this is easily the best 2D Mario ever made. They somehow made such an old school formula feel extremely fresh again, and that alone deserves all the props in the world. Prolly has the highest pure fun factor of any game I played this year. Phenomenal fucking game.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
  • Options
    Has anyone else experience the bluetooth interference issue with the PS5? It started for me a few days ago, and is hitting me hard today. Makes playing so frustrating.
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    Going for Kingdom Hearts 1 platinum since I picked up 2 and 3. Good lord, making Ultima Weapon in this game might be one of the most obnoxious things I’ve ever done in a video game. After that, it’s beat the game on proud and beat the game without changing equipment (I’ll lump those two together instead of two separate play throughs; funnily enough I didn’t know how to change equipment when I first played this game at 9 years old so I’m not expecting too much difficulty), beat the game in 15 hours (straight up cheesing this; the in game clock resets when you hit 100 hours and the trophy will pop if you beat it between hours 1-15, I’m already at almost 80 and I’m not even done with picking up trophies), fight Xemnas, which I’ve actually never done in this game and beat Sephiroth which I’ve also never done. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Holy mother of fucking God it’s real.

Bro I was 17 when V came out lmfao Jesus Christ.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I’m ready for the micro transactions and the wokeness

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Suicide Squad game kinda cringe, not gonna lie

Gameplay is typical Games As Service affair. But the story is so Modern Marvel. Shame they didnt just do another Arkham style serious story
  • Options
    ….It’s fitting to the Suicide Squad movies. 😐 

Suicide Squad ain’t dead serious like Arkham. The Gunn iteration especially has the comedic aspect all the way thru.

I’m not even defending the game, it will prolly be garbage like Avengers was, but that part was fitting at the least.
  • Options
    ….It’s fitting to the Suicide Squad movies. 😐 

Suicide Squad ain’t dead serious like Arkham. The Gunn iteration especially has the comedic aspect all the way thru.

I’m not even defending the game, it will prolly be garbage like Avengers was, but that part was fitting at the least.
    It can be serious though. Assault On Arkham was serious, and it fit the tone of the Arkham games better. This is still set in the same universe. 
  • Options
    Got my shit set up nice finally. 16 consoles on 2 TVs, plus a Roku and a VHS player

• Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    To go true retro you need a big wood cabinet tv that doesn’t work anymore to set the square tv on. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Got my shit set up nice finally. 16 consoles on 2 TVs, plus a Roku and a VHS player

Serious question and not hating, but did you do all this strictly for collection purposes? Cause I’m assuming collectively this was prolly all at least $3K-$4K, and at that rate you could have did a high end PC build and achieved all of this in one machine and way less clutter and effort lmao.
  • Options
    I like playing on original hardware with physical games. I have a gaming PC too, which can easily emulate everything up to Gamecube/Wii/PS2. I just prefer playing with my physical games as opposed to ROMs. 

I've also accumulated all the consoles and games I own over my 30 years of life.