Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    It's Sony and Microsoft. They are probably paying hush money to keep the pc version delayed. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Why the fuck is a decade old game still $40 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    mrAPE said:
    Why the fuck is a decade old game still $40 
    It constantly goes on sale. It was jus $15 for the Steam Autumn sale.
    It's Sony and Microsoft. They are probably paying hush money to keep the pc version delayed. 
    That would be Sony. Microsoft wouldn’t pay to keep it off PC. They ARE a PC company. They win either way.
    Doubt they make money from pc sales unless you buy from the Xbox store and no way rockstar would allow it on any other launcher at launch. 

Their interest is in selling their console. 
    Not really. They don’t give a shit about hardware anymore. Their main business model is Game Pass and cloud gaming/streaming. They even pitched putting Game Pass on PS4/PS5 and Switch, and they absolutely would not do that if selling their hardware was their focus. They moved towards being able to play their shit from anywhere.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    "I'll start by saying we have no plans to bring Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. It's not in our plans. But I think you hit on the right point of 'what it means to own an Xbox.' The thing I want to be focused on is how do we continue to innovate for people who've made the commitment to our hardware platform? And how do we continue to make sure that they feel great about their investment in what we've built," Spencer told Windows Central. 
    Microsoft will always be in the console business because it's a closed ecosystem. You know how you ensure a customer buys an Xbox game? With an Xbox. On PC there is steam, and epic, and GOG, and a dozen other launchers. And there's emulation and pirating to worry about too. 
    edited December 2023
    You know how you ensure a customer buys an Xbox game? With an Xbox.
    Not really when all new Xbox exclusives come to Game Pass and can be played from PC too. And you even have big titles like Starfield going to Play Anywhere where you don’t need a PC OR an Xbox to play it, and can cloud play from something as simple as a smart TV. There’s a reason I was fine wit getting rid of my XSX for the PC. I will never miss out.

Edit: I mean sure, if you’re talking pure physical sales, but those are becoming more and more negligible, and most people are gonna save the money and simply play it on Game Pass. 
    Don't get me wrong Gamepass is cool as a consumer but there's no way it can become as profitable as straight game sales. 
    not all xbox exclusives on the xbox come to the pc version of that. 

The game has to have a PC version of the game, and then that game has to also be on the xbox store. there are lots of games that aren't on the xbox store on pc. 

not only that, but a lot of PC players don't care about PC game pass. Most PC players are going to buy the game that they want on the launcher they prefer. 

Trust me. Sony and Xbox have great interest in keeping the game off PC. Starfield was on PC, and i have probably seen 20 different posts myself about PS5 players buying an xbox for Starfield. 

Same thing will happen with PC players if they can't play at launch. 

No wonder the trailer felt so florida. It is Florida lol

there are lots of games that aren't on the xbox store on pc. 

This simply is not true. First off, for the most part, this would only apply to some select older games. Please name me an Xbox exclusive in the past 5 years that could absolutely not be played on PC and required an XSS or XSX. Second off, even the few that this applies to, for instance Gears 2 and Gears 3, can still be played on PC, because all games on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate can be played on the cloud, so you can cloud play them on PC to get around that. PC Game Pass itself is limited, but it’s kinda redundant to get that version. Pay the extra for Ultimate and you’re covered.
    well im just telling you that you are wrong here 

I am not advocating for either, but i 100% know that microsoft doesn't want a game like GTA to launch on PC at start. 

and this game isn't coming to game pass for a long time anyways. 
    Well I am here to tell you my dick can be sucked from the back. 💯💯
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I bought GTA 5 after 2 hours of download and updates I went to bed lol. I think I played the beginning of it when it came out because I remember the intro. I did that and stopped. I have zero interest in online for now but do you guys play on that at all or like it? 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i played it years ago. It was fun, but there was so much going on that when i went back i was overwhelmed and never tried it lol
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    It’s GTA. You do GTA type shit. There is endless shit to find and do. Online is like anything else. It’s dope if you end up with a good crew. It sucks ass when the map is full of fuckbois. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Man vice city is going to be incredible. 

Look at this shot of the city compared to a drone shot someone took of south beach this morning 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Stop it. I got two years before I can bust this load.