Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    Yeah dude I’m a massive Harry Potter dork. Like a lot. And Hogwarts was like a 7/10
  • Options
    It’s good. But it’s nothing ground breaking 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    Nah, its open world actually felt alive and lived in. Actually justified the choice to make it open world. Exploration and travel were actually fun, which is rare for me in open world games. No other game has done that in forever, since like the PS3 era (for me at least). Even Elden Ring, which I like a lot, would be been MUCH better not open world, and just feels empty and lifeless and full of padding travel time. 

The story was good, and though the combat and RPG mechanics arent perfect, I'd improve on those significantly for a sequel, those elements were better done than something similar like God Of War 2018. I dont think Hogwarts deserves GOTY, but it deserves a nomination for SOMETHING. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
    Will finally be playing that soon btw. Finishing Mirage, then next up is Jedi Survivor, then Hogwarts Legacy immediately after that.
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,594 spicy boy
    Todd thought it was amazing. 

That tells me enough 
    This is literally what I came to say 
  • Options
    Idk. The game drags its feet story wise until the last third, prior to that it’s a bunch of agonizingly slow quests that do little in the way of story progression. I’m always down for a good mystery but giving me two minutes of insight into what’s going on per every four hours of gameplay was just too slow. This isn’t a western it didn’t need to be that much of a slow burn lol as far as side quests and extras some are adorably and endearingly fun (I absolutely loved The Room Of Requirement and every aspect of it, breeding beasts, growing plants etc) but it pulls an Assassins Creed with almost everything else where you have 2 or 3 side missions copied and pasted 90 times. Like was there any feasible reason for there to be 100+ Merlin trials when there’s maybe 6 or 7 variations of them? You’ve literally criticized Ass Creed for that exact thing before. Combat was probably my favorite aspect and even that isn’t super fleshed out, though in fairness juggling spells is ALOT of fucking fun. Traversal was alright but once you get the broom, the game could have stopped giving you other methods. Like yeah, thestrals are faster but you can’t scan for items or collectibles when you’re riding one so it literally goes backwards from the broom method you unlocked like 10 hours ago. The characters also kind of sucked. I can’t really tell you anything about any of them off bat, besides that the DADA teacher was kind of cool and one or two of the students you do quest lines for were alright (I liked Poppy and Sebi/blind guy). I’m glad you like it MC, but I’ve watched you criticize other games for similar stuff Legacy fumbles on for years, I don’t get why this is the one you’re jizzing your pants over. 
  • Options
    Copped a custom Elite controller. Master controller for PC cause it’s the only one other than off the wall shit like 8BitDo that works wirelessly and seamlessly for everything including emulators. Others like a DualSense and Switch Pro require some hoop jumping so Xbox was the smartest route to go. Price is cause I copped all bells and whistles including extra joysticks, D-Pad, paddles, and the charging case.

• Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    that controller is an absolute piece of shit lol. 

id go with the switch pro. it connects via Bluetooth and isnt 200
  • Options
    that controller is an absolute piece of shit lol. 

id go with the switch pro. it connects via Bluetooth and isnt 200
    Not on emulators without a wire.
  • Options
    not at all true. Lots of free software that makes it work without issue. 
    Regardless that controller is a literal piece of shit. 
  • Options
    Bro bitter cause he got a lemon lmao.
  • Options
    I've had a bunch of the elites. All trash.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    LMFAO, so not only does the PS Portal block Bluetooth and force you to buy their exclusive headphones, but it’s been confirmed that it has no apps or browser of any kind, so you can’t use any type of public wi-fi since you physically can’t agree to any TOS or check any boxes to use it. Which already halfway defeats the fucking purpose. So it’s a mobile device that can only be used at specific mobile locations, because other than your own house, it needs to be a friend’s house or somewhere that’s willing to give you the Wi-Fi password.

What a flaming pile of fucking dogshit. Fuck Sony.
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    LMFAO, so not only does the PS Portal block Bluetooth and force you to buy their exclusive headphones, but it’s been confirmed that it has no apps or browser of any kind, so you can’t use any type of public wi-fi since you physically can’t agree to any TOS or check any boxes to use it. Which already halfway defeats the fucking purpose. So it’s a mobile device that can only be used at specific mobile locations, because other than your own house, it needs to be a friend’s house or somewhere that’s willing to give you the Wi-Fi password.

Its so you cant log into Xbox Gamepass remotely, apparently, since you can access it via browser. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options

Its so you cant log into Xbox Gamepass remotely, apparently, since you can access it via browser. 
    Makes sense coming from the greediest, most anti consumer proprietary faggots in the industry.

But scratch that, I’m now reading that in order for it to work at ALL, it needs to be on the same wi-fi that the PS5 itself is on. So even having a friend’s password wouldn’t work either. It only works at home.

A mobile device that ain’t mobile. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I copped the PS Portal only to flip tho

• Options
    Lmao TLOU2 Remaster officially dropping in January.

I’ll say it again; Fuck Sony.
  • Options
    10 bucks if you own it already so I'm there doe