Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    Oh my bad I thought you grabbed all of those recently cause you sold all your shit lmao. Yea it’s different then if they were long term.
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    Plus emulation isnt really there yet for anything passed PS2/Wii. 

PS3 emulation is hit or miss, PS4 and PS5 emulation are nonexistent. Xbox emulation doesnt really exist at all yet. And even Wii U and Switch can be hit or miss still. 

Not pictured, I own a GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, and Vita too. I'm also in the market for a 3000 series PSP. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Oh my bad I thought you grabbed all of those recently cause you sold all your shit lmao. Yea it’s different then if they were long term.
    The N64, NES, GBC, GBA, and DS are mine from childhood still. 
    The PS2 is actually my forth PS2, though I've had it a couple years. The lasers on them burn out often, but PS2s are cheap enough where I dont bother fixing them, I just replace them. 
    The PS3 I've had since high school.
    Wii U, and 3DS I've had since college.
    The Gamecube I got cheap from a friend, and the Wii I bought, both earlier this year, because my childhood consoles technically belonged to my brother, so I got my own for when I moved out. 
    The Genesis I got a few months ago because I had my grandmother's from when I was a kid (she got some video games so we could play them when we were over) and my brother wanted it so I got my own Genesis. I had it years ago, but my brother claimed it recently. Though now he wants a Retron 5 because he's all about simplicity, so I probably could have kept that one, but oh well...
    But the SNES was my grandmother's from when I was a kid, and I took it a few years ago.
    The Xbox and 360 were given to me free from the same friend I bought the Gamecube from, few years ago. 
    The Switch I got new a few years ago when they first came out, its not even an OLED. The PS5 I bought recently new, and the Series X I bought recently from you. 
    The CRT ran me $60
    And the entertainment center was actually still in my parent's basement in storage from when I was a kid, so I asked for it and they gave it to me. 

• Options

PS3 emulation is hit or miss, PS4 and PS5 emulation are nonexistent. Xbox emulation doesnt really exist at all yet. And even Wii U and Switch can be hit or miss still. 

Not pictured, I own a GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, and Vita too. I'm also in the market for a 3000 series PSP. 
    What? Xemu (OG Xbox) and Xenia (360). Wym they don’t exist? Matter fact I was actually playing Gears 1 on Xenia the other day and it ran well. Smooth 60 FPS patch on top of that. Played some Conker right before that on Xemu too. And then current gen Xbox games are all straight to PC natively anyways. Anything I’ve emulated from PS3, Wii U, and Switch were all smooth too, even on the Ally, let alone the desktop. My desktop is effectively a true all in one for basically everything but PS5 and PS4 exclusives, but that’s literally the only reason that I still keep the PS5 so I’m always able to play everything. My Switch is essentially a paperweight now too cause they run and look better thru emulation. Bought Wonder and never actually played a single second of my Switch copy so it was literally a collectible lmao.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    The N64, NES, GBC, GBA, and DS are mine from childhood still. 
    The PS2 is actually my forth PS2, though I've had it a couple years. The lasers on them burn out often, but PS2s are cheap enough where I dont bother fixing them, I just replace them. 
    The PS3 I've had since high school.
    Wii U, and 3DS I've had since college.
    The Gamecube I got cheap from a friend, and the Wii I bought, both earlier this year, because my childhood consoles technically belonged to my brother, so I got my own for when I moved out. 
    The Genesis I got a few months ago because I had my grandmother's from when I was a kid (she got some video games so we could play them when we were over) and my brother wanted it so I got my own Genesis. I had it years ago, but my brother claimed it recently. Though now he wants a Retron 5 because he's all about simplicity, so I probably could have kept that one, but oh well...
    But the SNES was my grandmother's from when I was a kid, and I took it a few years ago.
    The Xbox and 360 were given to me free from the same friend I bought the Gamecube from, few years ago. 
    The Switch I got new a few years ago when they first came out, its not even an OLED. The PS5 I bought recently new, and the Series X I bought recently from you. 
    The CRT ran me $60
    And the entertainment center was actually still in my parent's basement in storage from when I was a kid, so I asked for it and they gave it to me. 

Ah yea this makes sense then. Shit I woulda been in the same boat cause I’ve owned damn near all of those throughout the years, but I always traded up every new generation and didn’t hold on to them.
  • Options

What? Xemu (OG Xbox) and Xenia (360). Wym they don’t exist? Matter fact I was actually playing Gears 1 on Xenia the other day and it ran well. Smooth 60 FPS patch on top of that. Played some Conker right before that on Xemu too. And then current gen Xbox games are all straight to PC natively anyways. Anything I’ve emulated from PS3, Wii U, and Switch were all smooth too, even on the Ally, let alone the desktop. My desktop is effectively a true all in one for basically everything but PS5 and PS4 exclusives, but that’s literally the only reason that I still keep the PS5 so I’m always able to play everything. My Switch is essentially a paperweight now too cause they run and look better thru emulation. Bought Wonder and never actually played a single second of my Switch copy so it was literally a collectible lmao.
    Xbox and 360 emulators exist, but they're rough. They dont have nearly as much interest and support as other consoles in terms of development, so the emulation is often imperfect, and the catalog isnt as complete. It's getting better, but not ideal. 
  • Options
    Not when you strongarm em wit a 4090. 💪🏻😤

All jokes aside tho it’s kinda crazy how such old shit damn near requires such a powerful machine. I get it because the emulation hardware needs to significantly overpower the original hardware, so that gets harder the newer the emulated system is, but still. I don’t run into these issues tho jus due to pure brute force. It was funny, I was watching gameplay footage on YouTube of Gears 1 on Xenia and the top comment was an exchange, dude was like “Wow this actually runs really good, this is great.” and dude replied like “It doesn’t, it’s actually shit, but he has a 4090 and a 13900K.” 🤣 But end of the day it’s another facet that makes it all the more worth the money.
  • Options
    What was crazy was Gears 1 had my CPU running hotter than anything modern I’ve tried. It usually stays around 50 C, Gears 1 had it running at 60-65C lmao. But actually, GPU stayed at it’s normal 40 C range. So that tells me it’s more CPU intensive, it’s my chip that’s strong arming it, not the 4090. 
  • Options
    I'll be investing in a gaming desktop this year. I'm going to be saving for it, going to set aside $3000 for a really badass set up. My gaming laptop is starting to feel dated. Needing to run games on medium or low settings to get 45-60 fps anymore. 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    crazy to think that this GTA tomorrow will be the first glimps we really get of a GTA developed on more modern hardware. 

GTA 5 was designed for the freaking 360. I know it was upgraded over the years, but its crazy to think what they did on that hardware, compare it to what they did with RDR2, and then think of what type of world they can create with GTA 6. 

fuck i am hype. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    I was just thinking about that. Red Dead 2 was 5 years ago and was amazing looking. Gta6 is gonna be insane 
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    To go true retro you need a big wood cabinet tv that doesn’t work anymore to set the square tv on. 
    This brought back memories for me lol 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    I was just thinking about that. Red Dead 2 was 5 years ago and was amazing looking. Gta6 is gonna be insane 
    hell, red dead looks fucking amazing compared to a lot of games that are current releases lol. 

I started playing through GTA 5 again just because the last time i played it, i was like fucking 25 lol. So i wanted to reexperience it. While its definitely dated, it still feels pretty modern considering when it came out. 

The trailer already has over 200k likes and it hasn't even been posted yet lmao

• Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    GTA 6 trailer officially out. Looks amazing but damn we not getting it till 2025. Can’t say I’m surprised. Rockstar loves to keep us waiting

• Options
    HOLY SHIT

that looked like a real full fleged city. 

I really thought we could get a holiday release next year. 

That looked way further along than I expected to see and I was expecting next holiday lmao
  • Options
    Greatest trailer in video game history
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I can't stop Cumming. Every time i watch its 90 seconds of cum
  • Options
    Holy fuck that was hard. I wanna be hopeful and think that 2025 means like January/February. I was thinking Holiday 2024 originally so that wouldn’t be far off.
  • Options
    I think we get early release like we did with the trailer. 

Me and that metalwolveriene dude are saying Christmas 2024
  • Options
    I’m also hoping that PC release is day 1. This is the perfect game for me to have the monster build for but I do remember that V didn’t come out for PC until almost 2 years later. Worse comes to worst, I’ll grab it on PS5 and replay on PC down the road, but I’d really prefer playing on PC from the jump.