Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    Not gonna cap it a good collectors edition comes out I’m copping. If not then idc. 

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    I like that Sony doesn’t make games anymore they just make remasters. And by like I mean it makes me feel like I have stomach cancer 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    FREE MY NIGGA SLY FROM EGYPT
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    I dont trust any of their current devs to not fuck Sly up. Its bad enough Ratchet has gotten where it is
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Started Titanfall 2. So far Im unimpressed. Its a glorified Call Of Duty 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    I dont trust any of their current devs to not fuck Sly up. Its bad enough Ratchet has gotten where it is
    To where? GOTY 2021 status??
  • Options
    Yea, shoot yourself in the fucking head.
  • Options
    I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying Mirage. It really is a return to form as far as the stealth. Open world is the best they’ve had in a long time too. It’s maybe only 20% or so the size of Odyssey and Valhalla’s maps, but it’s simultaneously so much more dense, detailed, and alive. I really would not mind if this was the formula going forward but most likely the next mainline game will be stupid massive again. This really complements it well tho and at 30 hours it’s still a decently meaty game without doing too much.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Dime2 said:
    To where? GOTY 2021 status??
    Dude, Rift Apart was not great. Sure the gunplay of R&C is still there, but the soul is 100% gone at this point. The fun and unique villains are gone, the crude and mean spirited humor is gone, all of Ratchet's nuance is gone, the corporatism satire is gone. It had way too many cinematic scripted on rails segments. Rivet was nothing more than Sam Magg's lesbian fanfic character brought to life. It wasnt the worst game ever, but it was definitely weak by Ratchet And Clank standards, and I dont want to see the corpses of Sly Cooper or Jak And Daxter dragged out and given the same treatment. Sony cant do it anymore. 

Yea, shoot yourself in the fucking head.
    Shits mid. Cry about it. Its Call Of Duty with wallrunning. 
  • Options
    In a long storied history of shit takes, that gotta be your absolute worst offender. Titanfall’s wall running and traversal is the entire reason COD mimicked it around the BO3 era. It was getting extremely well received and they wanted a piece of the pie, except COD is COD and not Titanfall, so it completely put a lot of people off of it. That shit completely influenced the direction of COD at the time. COD couldn’t even fucking dream of accomplishing the level of passion and genius level design that went into Titanfall 2’s campaign. The time travel mission to this day is still the most genius level I ever seen in FPS history, and damn near in gaming history period. That’s actually prolly my absolute #1 pure FPS of all time cause of that. You smoking crack on this one.
  • Options
    In a long storied history of shit takes, that gotta be your absolute worst offender. Titanfall’s wall running and traversal is the entire reason COD mimicked it around the BO3 era. It was getting extremely well received and they wanted a piece of the pie, except COD is COD and not Titanfall, so it completely put a lot of people off of it. That shit completely influenced the direction of COD at the time. COD couldn’t even fucking dream of accomplishing the level of passion and genius level design that went into Titanfall 2’s campaign. The time travel mission to this day is still the most genius level I ever seen in FPS history, and damn near in gaming history period. That’s actually prolly my absolute #1 pure FPS of all time cause of that. You smoking crack on this one.
    Yea I get everyone tried to ape Titanfall's movement, but at the end of the day, the GUNPLAY and mechanics are a glorified COD. Why I called it "COD with wallrunning". The movement feels slow with extremely fast TTK, regenerating health, no armor, two weapon limits, minimal enemy variety, linear setpiece focused level design... Thats COD my friend. 

Also while the game may have "enhanced mobility options", the game does nothing to truely encourage you to engage with it, and in fact actively DISCOURAGES it (at least so far as Ive played on the hardest difficulty), because you can be killed so quickly. If you run around all agressive you'll die extremely fast because it only takes a couple hits before you die, and the enemies have basic FPS AI so you dont even need to engage with it to overcome enemy behaviors. The game encourages taking cover and picking guys off so you dont die, sabotaging the whole mobility thing. 

Compare that to genuinesly top tier modern FPS like DOOM 2016/Eternal, and Shadow Warrior 3, or even games like Ultrakill or the newer Wolfenstein games where the level design and enemy behavior actively encourage you to engage with the movement systems, and agressive behavior is rewarded where taking cover is discouraged, and Titanfall 2 feels even more like a COD clone with wall running. Even Halo Infinite built its gameplay loop and level design around the grapple hook to encourage use of all of your tools. 

Everyone talks about Titanfall 2 like its the best FPS of all time, and I just am not seeing that unless your only other frame of reference are Call Of Duty
  • Options
  • Options
    Got my platinum in Kingdom Hearts 2 today! I only had one trophy to go, which was beating the game on critical mode (hardest difficulty for those that don’t know) and with cutscene skipping it only took 10 and a half hours =)) a regular play through takes like 26-28 hours there’s legit like 14 hours of cutscenes in this goddamn game. It was my first play through with any of these games on critical level. I got absolutely walled by Demyx, Xaldin and the mob fight in Tron right before you visit the I/O tower as well as the mob fight against the Nobody Dancers before the Battle Of A Thousand Heartless. Oh and the hostile program heartless boss in Tron fuck that motherfucker. Other than that, there was some bullshit but it was mostly not infuriating. I don’t know if it was just me getting better at navigating the mode or if they’re just generally easier fights but I was able to clear Luxord, Saix and Xemnas 1 along with most of the Disney bosses on the first go round 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Got my platinum in Kingdom Hearts 2 today! I only had one trophy to go, which was beating the game on critical mode (hardest difficulty for those that don’t know) and with cutscene skipping it only took 10 and a half hours =)) a regular play through takes like 26-28 hours there’s legit like 14 hours of cutscenes in this goddamn game. It was my first play through with any of these games on critical level. I got absolutely walled by Demyx, Xaldin and the mob fight in Tron right before you visit the I/O tower as well as the mob fight against the Nobody Dancers before the Battle Of A Thousand Heartless. Oh and the hostile program heartless boss in Tron fuck that motherfucker. Other than that, there was some bullshit but it was mostly not infuriating. I don’t know if it was just me getting better at navigating the mode or if they’re just generally easier fights but I was able to clear Luxord, Saix and Xemnas 1 along with most of the Disney bosses on the first go round 
    I found KH2's critical mode easier than KH1, because KH1 bodies you if you dont equip the right items for the right boss fights. But KH3's critical mode is a goddamn nightmare. Its sooooo challenging, and requires perfect blocking even against simple enemies or you're dead. 
  • Options
    All things considered, 2’s wasn’t that bad. I know 1 like the back of my hand so I don’t anticipate having trouble with it. 3 is the easiest numbered title so I’m interested to see what critical looks like there 
  • Options
    Reflega helped make 2’s fights a lot easier in hindsight 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    All things considered, 2’s wasn’t that bad. I know 1 like the back of my hand so I don’t anticipate having trouble with it. 3 is the easiest numbered title so I’m interested to see what critical looks like there 
    I struggled immediately on KH3 critical. Hardest one by far
  • Options
    There’s no trophy tied to that but I’ll have to try it. I recently finished relaying 3 for my full series run through and I still love that game.