Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,552 spicy boy
    I can leave plates out it I want to
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,223 mod
    Sell me some of your retro games. Cash ready

• Options
    And the Nes mini. 

• Options
    Super Mario rpg leaked. Runs smooth af on Ryujinx

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,606 jayfacer
  • Options
    5 hours in some stutters but 100% playable. Must use Ryujinx. Yuzu doesn’t load. 

• Options

• Options
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Ed you don’t have a desktop PC right? Been using Syncthing for emulation cloud saves between my desktop and the Ally and it works flawlessly jus like the Steam Cloud for modern games but because of the way Ryujinx numbers save files as they’re made, it fucks up. For example Wonder might be save 00001 on my PC but save 00005 on the Ally so the transfer fucks up because it reads it as a separate game. Renaming it doesn’t work either. Yuzu (And all other emulators) saves them as a set file name no matter what order they’re played in so it works as it should. This overall isn’t an issue, cause what I did was transfer all my Ally Ryujinx saves over to Yuzu and simply synced the Yuzu saves instead, but obviously lately a lot of games have only initially been running on Ryujinx, and it makes syncing saves essentially impossible. All I could find was some random Reddit posts like “Ryujinx was initially bugged but I got it working.” but no specifics or actual solutions.
  • Options
    I do have a desktop but I haven’t messed with transferring saves from Ryujinx to Yuzu. If a game works well on one of the emulators I just stick with that emulator. 

• Options
    No I meant transferring saves from device to device. True cloud saves where you can pick up on your Ally where you left off on your PC and vice versa. So saves would be Yuzu to Yuzu or Ryujinx to Ryujinx, but on different devices. So I use Syncthing for cloud saves and it works flawlessly on every emulator BUT Ryujinx. Ryujinx is known to be bugged in this aspect and as it stands I have no clue how to fix it.
  • Options
    Killed 3 Platinums this week. Granted 2 were being worked on for a while and finally hit the end, but got Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga, Spider-Man 2, and then my retro/side game has been Ty The Tasmanian Tiger HD cause I never played the original, and I got the Platinum on that last night as well. That one I actually bought instead of emulated cause I caught it for like $5 one day a while back lol.

Now that that’s done, fully moved on to Super Mario Bros Wonder for my side game. I had only played a few levels here and there to test emulation but never properly started it til now. Already addicted tho, game is fucking crack.
  • Options
    Wow RE4 is actually nominated for GOTY. The 6 nominations are: BG3, Alan Wake 2, TOTK, Super Mario Bros Wonder, RE4, and Spider-Man 2.

This gotta be the first time a remake was even eligible right? Idk it was a great remake but they really should not count for this type of shit. I even snubbed it out of my own personal list for that reason and my list don’t even count for anything lmao. Remake or not, that’s a 2005 game and should not be in any awards for 2023. That slot is a robbery and should have been given to an actual 2023 game.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Wow RE4 is actually nominated for GOTY. The 6 nominations are: BG3, Alan Wake 2, TOTK, Super Mario Bros Wonder, RE4, and Spider-Man 2.

This gotta be the first time a remake was even eligible right? Idk it was a great remake but they really should not count for this type of shit. I even snubbed it out of my own personal list for that reason and my list don’t even count for anything lmao. Remake or not, that’s a 2005 game and should not be in any awards for 2023. That slot is a robbery and should have been given to an actual 2023 game.
    They nominate remakes all the time. I know Final Fantasy VII and RE2 were nominated too
  • Options

The game was remade from the ground up and was made better than a lot of these new games that came out this year. It not being nominated would have been criminal. 

• Options
    NOCAP said:

The game was remade from the ground up and was made better than a lot of these new games that came out this year. It not being nominated would have been criminal. 
    Nah remakes 100% shouldnt be nominated imo. They arent original and are largely successful because of the originals. If anything give them their own category, but not GOTY
  • Options
    Heads up if you’re emulating Mario rpg. 9 hours in and the game crashes after beating smilax if you’re using the .nsp rom. Switching to .xci and I could continue on. 

• Options
    I guarantee you Hogwarts didnt get any nominations because they were afraid of backlash if they did nominate it. Best open world game in years and it's completely snubbed because of retards on the internet. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,408 spicy boy
    Hogwarts wasn't even the best open world game this year lmao. People overrate that game HARD simply because it's the only Harry Potter game to come out that's not ass since the lego games 15 years ago