Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,606 jayfacer
    FINALLY finished the Platinum on Lego Star Wars. 94.5 hours. Started end of August. Would have finished more like beginning of October, but there was a collective month or so in there where I didn’t really play anything at all. Jesus Christ smh a Lego game has no business being that long. I did love the game and it still stands that it’s the most well made Lego game ever made up to this point, but they seriously did way too much wit the post game content. Even playing all the main campaign missions and then replaying them on free play as all characters still took a cool 40-45 hours, which was already an acceptable length, so then the next 50+ hours was all side content, meaning the majority of my overall time was spent doing a straight neverending collectathon. 

Would still give it a solid 8.5/10, but hopefully that’s the first and last Lego game that’s ever that long and big. The open world Marvel ones were bout 40-50 hours total and that was more than acceptable for open world.

FINALLY bout to start Spider-Man 2 tonight smh was sposed to be a day one playthrough.
  • Options
    Sheeeesh yea I officially have zero reason to play Switch games natively now lmao. Tried Wonder on the desktop and that shit is drop dead gorgeous. One of the best looking games of the year level. It played well on the Ally but wasn’t necessarily lightyears ahead of the Switch, plus performance could be stuttery. It makes sense considering for emulation to run optimally, the emulation device needs to be significantly more powerful than the original console. That’s definitely the case wit the desktop, plus I’m sure it don’t hurt that I’m on an Nvidia card, considering the Switch uses Nvidia so that’s already what Switch games are developed on/for.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,223 mod
    Beat Wonder last night. It was pretty fun for what it was but I’m glad I didn’t pay for it. 

• Options
    There’s a side mission where you play as Miles’ deaf girlfriend in Spider-Man 2, and the audio goes muffled/underwater when it switches over to her perspective. Incredible attention to detail, was especially dope playing wit headphones.
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,552 spicy boy
    Only you would think that shit is cool
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    I’m sure a 10 second nonstop loop of 80’s 8 bit music would have been much more impressive to you.
  • Options
    I’m sure a 10 second nonstop loop of 80’s 8 bit music would have been much more impressive to you.
    A game without gimmicky cinematic elements? Yea, sign me up
  • Options
    Hell yea bro God damn these shitty developers for showcasing some A1 audio engineering. 💯💯
  • Options
    Hell yea bro God damn these shitty developers for showcasing some A1 audio engineering. 💯💯
    They literally just muted the game for a stupid side mission in a Spider-Man game :| 

The same game that has 25 minute long sections of literally just walking around listening to people talk in Harry's lab 
  • Options
    Bro you’re such a straight up hater wit this shit lmfao I didn’t say the mission was fire it was actually kinda boring and unneeded but I was applauding the attention to detail, which made the mission stand out and become memorable when it otherwise wouldn’t have been. It’s something simple but it’s also something most developers would have missed and I can say that it’s the first time in 20+ years of playing games where you took the role of a deaf person. It was definitely unique either way. Shit like that is jus as important as graphics when it comes to immersion.
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,466 spicy boy
    yeah im with MC on this one. Not really anything cool with that. 

I guess you could say its cool because they didn't miss that. BUt i don't think we should go, woah amazing detail lol. 
  • Options
    def worth mentioning and a good laugh though. 
  • Options
    Jus finished main campaign. 15 hours and only did it so quick cause I was absolutely hooked and couldn’t put it down and every session was a marathon. I can’t remember the last game where I had to fight myself to turn it off like that lmao.

Last 4-5 hours mighta been the craziest fucking sequence I ever seen in video games, if only for the fact that I’m a Marvel head and it hit all the right notes. Shit hit harder than any MCU movie since Endgame. So many standout moments that literally had me standing up and going apeshit that I won’t spoil here cause being clueless about them beforehand is half the reason they hit so hard.

It’s hard to say what my GOTY is at this point. Both TOTK and this deserve it for different reasons. TOTK is definitely more unique and creative, but when it comes to pure fun factor, SM2 got it no contest. And that’s not even factoring in the incredible storyline. Goes without saying but it shits all over the first 2 games in the series, which were already amazing games. 

10 out of fucking 10. Arkham City has been dethroned. Best superhero game of all time.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    none of those are going to win goty lol. 

TOTK has the best chance otherwise, but overall, it's going to be Baulders Gate 3, with TOTK and probably sea of stars taking it in some publications. 
  • Options
    Baldur's Gate 3 is going to win. Hogwarts deserves at least a mention. 
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,223 mod
    RE4R and there’s no debate

• Options
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,408 spicy boy
    Baulders Gate 3 is definitely gonna win
  • Options
    fill up the tank on the hype train. we got a GTA 6 trailer coming next month boiii
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,408 spicy boy
    I'll upgrade to a ps5 for gta 6 for sure