Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,663 spicy boy
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Yeah, cause he didn't write one of the most successful story games of all time, that was adapted into one of the most well received seasons of a show ever. Which he also wrote. 

Normies are retarded. I legitimately dont understand why people like that story. It's a worse Walking Dead
    Bro how can you be in your mid to late 20s and still think being a contrarian is a personality trait 
    Not being a contrarian, I legitimately dont see what people see in that game, and I hate its impact and influence on gaming as a whole. It frustrates me
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah, cause he didn't write one of the most successful story games of all time, that was adapted into one of the most well received seasons of a show ever. Which he also wrote. 

Normies are retarded. I legitimately dont understand why people like that story. It's a worse Walking Dead
    Bro how can you be in your mid to late 20s and still think being a contrarian is a personality trait 
    Not being a contrarian, I legitimately dont see what people see in that game, and I hate its impact and influence on gaming as a whole. It frustrates me
    Druckman wrote a story for a video game, received almost universal praise from it from fans, critics, and awards, then turned it into a TV show and received near universal praise for that as well and you said he can't write his way out of a paper bag lol.

I'm not saying popularity = quality but when you get critical praise from your existing audience, your new audience, professionals and other artists in the same field, critics, hell even scholars it is a pretty damn good indication of its quality. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm not saying you have to like it. But to act baffled and like you can't possibly wrap your head around the idea of people liking the writing of TLOU is hilariously pretentious. 
    edited July 2023

Druckman wrote a story for a video game, received almost universal praise from it from fans, critics, and awards, then turned it into a TV show and received near universal praise for that as well and you said he can't write his way out of a paper bag lol.

I'm not saying popularity = quality but when you get critical praise from your existing audience, your new audience, professionals and other artists in the same field, critics, hell even scholars it is a pretty damn good indication of its quality. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm not saying you have to like it. But to act baffled and like you can't possibly wrap your head around the idea of people liking the writing of TLOU is hilariously pretentious. 
    Sure, but I still dont understand why. The Beatles were praised beyond belief, I still think they suck too. 

TLOU aside Neil pushed Amy Hennig out of Naughty Dog, took her work, and wrote the worst story in the franchise with a game that feels incredibly out of place, and retconned Amy's work. Dudes a hack 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Yo hopefully the protagonist got mixed up wit one of the other 1,394 AC games coming out because LMFAO if true:

A black female samurai in FEUDAL JAPAN?? WHAT?? This would be the saddest case of pandering ass inclusion agenda bullshit I ever seen in my life. Especially coming from a franchise that has always been about historical accuracy. Yea the fantasy side was always a part of it, but the real life aspect of it always stayed true to the setting and time period, down to including real life historical figures from each respective time period. Their protagonists have been all kinds of races and you started out as an Arab. This is the absolute last franchise that would need to do some sorry ass apologist bullshit like this.
    Lisa has been censored on all platforms, with additional censorship on Playstation. What is with these game devs censoring 10 year old games. Its a trend that needs to stop. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    man i need to play dave the diver. Heard nothing but tons of praise for it. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,786 jayfacer
    Guess Im just gonna play through the Kingdom Hearts series again because why not 
    Dime2 said:
    Guess Im just gonna play through the Kingdom Hearts series again because why not 
    King
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Sony wit the rare non-greedy W. Since it’s not a Pro model or anything, they’re also selling those plates separately so you can jus swap them if you already own a PS5. Might cop.
    But then again my PC build is all white and so is the new Switch + Ally, and everything will remain displayed together, so keeping the PS5 the default white is prolly aesthetically best in my case. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    That controller is hard as fuck tho but I already have 4 working DualSenses including the DualSense Edge. It would be truly redundant but the Marvel head in me wants it strictly for collector’s purposes lmao.
    That controller made my dick hard